[Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic (Small) Toolbar Buttons

Post by Aris »

v1.0.7pre5 changes since pre4 ([large icon view] + Nightly 14.0a1):
- included rob64rocks fixes for pre4
* #nav-bar margins
* padding for .toolbarbuttons-text
* padding for .toolbarbutton-icon
* padding for toolbarbutton[type="menu-button"]
- fixed forward button height (when urlbar is not right next to unified-back-forward-button)
- "temporary fixes" setting now shows add-on names of add-ons that are affected by temp fixes

Tested with Win7/WinXP FF14.0a1 nightly (2012-03-26)

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/versions/
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Working fine after update, I've disable rob64rocks stylish script and everything works as suppose ;)

BUT, can Your addon remember settings after update, now, once update is ready Your addon is set to default settings, so I need to make my changes again, nothing big... :)
em28

Post by em28 »

Work as charm on he default theme of FF12.
Not compatible with the Stratini family themes.

Patrick, can u do something ?
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

No, it's not compatible with themes. It's designed to work around a *cough* "feature" of the Windows Vista/7 Aero default theme which most themes lack. Due to another *cough* "feature" found in the OSX Lion theme, most themers have been forced to rename the "Toolbar.png" files which I'm assuming this extension is attempting to load. Since there is no set methodology for how theme files are named, organized, or even how many files are used for the main toolbar graphics, it's simply impossible for any extension to swap out these files with any predictable results for themes other than the Windows default theme. Also, the default theme abandoned true *small icons* while most themes continue to use real *small icons* so the files used by most themes in small icons mode have a totally different name. Ones that follow the older default theme call it "Toolbar-small.png". The button surrounds are also impossible for any extension to predict for themes as some themes actually use a background image and not a border to draw the surround.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

This updated to 1.07pre5 and my stuff is messed up again. I went back to yesterdays build of 1.07pre4. There is a 1.06 released version but I won't try it. Below is what the new version does:

Aris

Post by Aris »

Xetmes wrote:Working fine after update, I've disable rob64rocks stylish script and everything works as suppose ;)

BUT, can Your addon remember settings after update, now, once update is ready Your addon is set to default settings, so I need to make my changes again, nothing big... :)

You right, I actually wanted to force default settings once on "upgrade" from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 (final, when it gets released), but installing a newer pre over an older one is an "upgrade" too. I'm going to change that for the next pre(s).

em28 wrote:Work as charm on he default theme of FF12.
Not compatible with the Stratini family themes.

Patrick, can u do something ?

There is a way to tweak css a bit (for Stylish) to make Stratini Super more suitable with this add-on, if you want. But like patrickjdemsey said, there is no way to make some global changes for an extension to work with every theme.

GTK66 wrote:This updated to 1.07pre5 and my stuff is messed up again. I went back to yesterdays build of 1.07pre4. There is a 1.06 released version but I won't try it. Below is what the new version does:

Do you have any other scripts active? Robs fix for pre 4 isn't working with pre5 anymore, because all changes are already included, some of them, like for the forward-button, in a different way.
Or maybe some addon toolbarbuttons mess something up. Which toolbarbuttons do you have placed on your navbar?

v1.0.6 was only for small icons. You won't notice any difference, when your are on big icons view with v1.0.6.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

I have Toolbar Buttons installed plus 31 scripts and none of them are causing this. I just feel that some of the developers should take a look at this thread and others once in a while to see what they mess up on a daily basis. I went back to 1.07pre4 and all is well so I will stay with that. Unless I should go to 1.06?? I have to use Robs script in order for this to work.
Aris

Post by Aris »

GTK66 wrote:I have Toolbar Buttons installed plus 31 scripts and none of them are causing this. I just feel that some of the developers should take a look at this thread and others once in a while to see what they mess up on a daily basis. I went back to 1.07pre4 and all is well so I will stay with that. Unless I should go to 1.06?? I have to use Robs script in order for this to work.

To be clear, robs script for pre4 causes the forward button to look like in your screenshot when using pre5, because different changes are made forward-button to look correct in pre5. Just disable the script when using pre5. Works with latest nightly (2012-26-03).
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

aris-t2 wrote:
GTK66 wrote:I have Toolbar Buttons installed plus 31 scripts and none of them are causing this. I just feel that some of the developers should take a look at this thread and others once in a while to see what they mess up on a daily basis. I went back to 1.07pre4 and all is well so I will stay with that. Unless I should go to 1.06?? I have to use Robs script in order for this to work.

To be clear, robs script for pre4 causes the forward button to look like in your screenshot when using pre5, because different changes are made forward-button to look correct in pre5. Just disable the script when using pre5. Works with latest nightly (2012-26-03).

When I do that they all turn black.

Thanks you are right. I just had to change some option in your add on. Thanks I appreciate it =D> =D> =D>
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Aris, everything appears fine with CSTB v1.07pre5 on my end with default/Add-on Toolbar-buttons.

Note: When using CSTB v1.0.7pre5 on Fx versions prior to Fx 14.0a1(Ex: Fx 8-11, Fx 12.0beta/Fx 13.0a2) you want to have the options for: Navigation Toolbar buttons "Large Icon View" and Temporary Fixes for Add-on Toolbar-buttons deactivated, so it can't be enabled by accident.
Aris

Post by Aris »

v1.0.7pre6 - changes since pre5:
* internal changes
* more info text on addon managers CSTBB page
* Firefox nightly 14.0a1 settings are now hidden, if an appversion lower than "14.0a1" is used

This could be the last "pre" before final, if no major issues occur.

Note: Although nightly settings are not visible on Firefox versions lower than 14.0a1 anymore, it is still possible to mess around with them by changing values through about:config or going back to a lower version and let FF14 settings enabled. CSTBB doesn't prevent this and doesn't automatically disable/enable FF14+ settings.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

This latest update is working great. Thanks aris!
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

aris-t2 wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/versions/

v1.0.7pre6 - changes since pre5:
* internal changes
* more info text on addon managers CSTBB page
* Firefox nightly 14.0a1 settings are now hidden, if an appversion lower than "14.0a1" is used

This could be the last "pre" before final, if no major issues occur.

Note: Although nightly settings are not visible on Firefox versions lower than 14.0a1 anymore, it is still possible to mess around with them by changing values through about:config or going back to a lower version and let FF14 settings enabled. CSTBB doesn't prevent this and doesn't automatically disable/enable FF14+ settings.

Thanks Aris for putting up with me and allowing me to help you make this excellent extension even better.

The add-on incompatibility problem with CSTB v1.0.7pre builds and About:Startup on Fx Nightly 14.0a1 no longer occurs when using it's latest version 1.10 found here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/about-startup/versions/0.1.10
Aris

Post by Aris »

v1.0.7pre7 - changes since pre6:

- attempt to style almost all toolbar buttons placed on nav-bar [large and small icon view]

Please let me know whether pre7 breaks something, that worked fine with pre6, or not. If it does, I will revert pre7s changes.

I wanted to release 1.0.7 final this weekend, but this may be delayed since pre7s feedback is needed. In the mean time all of you can report (new) issues with large icon view settings.

@rob64rock:
Good to hear About Startup extension got fixed and it seems Test pilot doesn't break view anymore. Can you confirm?
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

No problems after update to pre7, working as charm on my end, awesome job ;)

BTW> Thanks for fix with update, addon remember my settings as suppose!