[Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Post by Aris »

Are you using the latest release or beta build of CTB?

Please post a screenshot.
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

Aris, I am using CTB 1.4.9.3 which I think is the latest release version.

The more I look at this, the more I think it is an intentional design element of the Firefox 3 back/forward buttons. Those buttons seem to be sitting in an indented shadow-border, correct?

I think I may have been mistaken in thinking that that shadow-border has an incorrect shape. If so, sorry to have mentioned it.
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc145q9qjlkmd ... 6.png?dl=0

Here is a screenshot on a lower resolution monitor.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I think the look of these buttons feels strange in your case, because of the transparent toolbar they are on.
Their light transparency for "disabled" state and the shadows/shape around them are part of their design.

Here is an old pic of Fx3 (not my upload): http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... d7qpng.png
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

OK, thanks Aris. You are always on top of things!

On my laptop, this FF3 back/forward button occasionally looks compressed - with the back and forward sections pushed together and somewhat overlapping. This happens sometimes only, and when both the back and forward are inactive.

If I see it again, I will try to post a screenshot.
LMLB

Post by LMLB »

Firefox 43 changed the back/forward buttons and made them look bad on win7 IMO, maybe you can add the way they used to look before this change?

I found these relevant patches: I put this user style together, mostly by copying the removed code from the patches listed above (probably not perfect, but good enough for me):
http://pastebin.com/BZiJkk9N
Aris

Post by Aris »

Have you installed the latest CTB beta? If yes, post screenshots of how buttons look bad. Don't forget to disable all size settings CTB offers (while testing).
LMLB

Post by LMLB »

I just personally don't like how it looks in Firefox 43.
I tried CTB 1.4.9.5beta3 and it doesn't have an option for that specific look.

Here is a comparison of Firefox 42 vs 43:
Almost all of the shading has been replaced by a flat background and a simple border.

Also, small fix to the user style:
http://pastebin.com/w0qe9nfu
It's very close to Firefox 42 as far as I can tell.
Feel free to use it if you want.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Are you using a navigation toolbar button style CTB provides? With simple style it looks like this for exmaple

Without any selected style button appearance does not get changed.
LMLB

Post by LMLB »

Maybe what I'm asking is more appropriate in CTR? I'm not sure.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I'm not sure, CTR does not deal with a specific b/f button ui and CTB only restores the very old one (Fx4-12). Atm using your css code seems to be the best solution.
LMLB

Post by LMLB »

Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

Um, can you make a "Firefox 3 (Green) v2" Back 'n Forward button in the options?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yes, that is possible.

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xwoukw8oa7nb4l/cstbb_v1496r4.xpi?dl=0
Make sure add-on signing is disabled to be able to install developer builds that are not on AMO.
xpinstall.signatures.required > false
SteveH_66

Post by SteveH_66 »

There is a box on my add-ons bar, I believe from my readings from a websearch that it is called the "statusbar container". It has a number of icons in it, and it will not let me drag them out of there. One or 2 I don't want in there, I want out with the other icons. 8 (!) of them I don't even want in there, I don't know how they got in there and pinned (and thus unremovable!), whether Firefox somehow decided on it's own or some arrogant extension developer decided I would want 8 icons from his extension cluttering up my addons bar, but I want to get them off my addons bar!

Can your extension give me control over this container, so that I can take things in and out of it?

I apologize if this is a double post, I didn't feel like wading through 38 pages to try to find the answer and this forum has no easy method I can find for searching within a post and it's replies.

Also, if this extension does not give me control over that 'statusbar container', do you know any way I can access it or get rid of it using some other method? Modifying a JavaScript Firefox uses, or something like that maybe?

I don't know if the 'Firefox team' put the addon bar back into Firefox natively or not, I haven't checked, I am using an addon bar extension. 'The Addon Bar (restored)' is the name it's showing. Don't know if this is relevant or not, just thought it might help to know I have an addon bar extension installed.

Thank you for any assistance/information you can give me.