[Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Post by Aris »

MarkRH wrote:I think this extension controls this, but not sure. I've installed the latest beta 2 version and with the Old Small Buttons option, I have a big blue reload button:

http://i.imgur.com/9sPQBo8.png

The reload arrow looks like this with a clean profile:

http://i.imgur.com/wvXmvw7.png

Well, I guess I can just start disabling extensions to find out which one is doing it. The reload arrow wasn't this fat blue thing until the 55.0.2 update (I am aware of things completely breaking soon.)

Edit: Looks like it was the Main Icons Style of Firefox (Mozilla Mix) causing it. For some reason this selection just now started using that blue reload arrow. Changing this option does change the reload button. Before, it looked like the reload arrow on a clean profile. Just need to find some option I like.
Test latest CTB beta to get the button padding/margin fixes.

Mozilla changed reload/stop icon ids for urlbar buttons to their old ids, so CTB styles them too automatically. Not sure its a bad thing. ;-)
Acid Crash wrote:Hi Aris,
I've noticed a presence of small graphical glitches in FF 55.02 x64 (CTB 1.5.8b2) Win10.
When using "Nav toolbar buttons - Old large buttons" and "Main Icon Styles - Firefox 45+ (Aero)" there is a bug when adding a new bookmark via toolbar button.
https://i.paste.pics/d126617da8710f6470 ... 42d918.png
I tried to switch back to "Main Icon Styles - Default" an this bug had gone.
However with such setup there is an another bug. There is a difference of bookmark button width when comparing bookmarked and non-bookmarked icon
https://i.paste.pics/6883c7e6abfadb5c80 ... fda11c.png
Could you please take a look at this
This will be fixed on next update.
avada wrote:Hi!

I have 1.5.8beta2 installed on FF56 bet. It seems the "Dropmarker icons" option doesn't do anything anymore. It only ever shows the the default for the main icons style no matter what I do.
Not sure about his. That option switches between dark and bright small/large icons for me. Try the latest beta and disable all other add-ons while testing.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Not sure about his. That option switches between dark and bright small/large icons for me. Try the latest beta and disable all other add-ons while testing.
Oh, it only changes from the theme default when a new download is added and changes back after I click on it.
An odd mixture of buttons: FF3 download button by default, animated blue while downloading, modern green when finished.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Wait, you mentioned dropmarker icons before, but you actually meant download icons, right?

The attention/progress state in Fx55+ fills default dark icon with a color you selected. It was either like this or no download/progress animation at all, thanks to recent Fx code changes.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

I'm getting a little nit-picky here, but when FX finally kills off CTB, do you plan on continuing updates to it for SeaMonkey (until the devs ruin that browser too)?
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Aris

Post by Aris »

Sure, if CTB can still be uploaded to AMO by that time.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Aris wrote:...if CTB can still be uploaded to AMO by that time.
Well, I didn't think of that. They may drop all legacy add-ons after a while. Time will tell...

All the best,
Griz
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Wait, you mentioned dropmarker icons before, but you actually meant download icons, right?
Yeah... I meant "Downloads indicator". (copied the wrong thing)
Aris wrote: The attention/progress state in Fx55+ fills default dark icon with a color you selected. It was either like this or no download/progress animation at all, thanks to recent Fx code changes.
Where do I select the color? I know of no way to change it from blue.
At least a "firefox default" option would be nice so it wouldn't change between too or three differently styled buttons, which is a tad jarring. (Since "Main icons style" is set to FF3 I always get it's drastically different default state.) It'd be even nicer if I could actually change it's color.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Download icon is set by currently used icons (dark arrow by default or CTBs icon set).
Download progress color is the OSs attention color in foreground on a dark icon in background (arrow icon in both cases).
Download icon after finishing downloads is either OSs attention color or CTBs download icon color set in options (arrow icon in all cases).

It is like this in Firefox 55 and 56 with latest CTB (beta). If you like the previous colored progress bar below download icon, you have to use Firefox 52ESR.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Download icon is set by currently used icons (dark arrow by default or CTBs icon set).
Download progress color is the OSs attention color in foreground on a dark icon in background (arrow icon in both cases).
Download icon after finishing downloads is either OSs attention color or CTBs download icon color set in options (arrow icon in all cases).

It is like this in Firefox 55 and 56 with latest CTB (beta). If you like the previous colored progress bar below download icon, you have to use Firefox 52ESR.
I just mostly wanted a consistent modern icon (Not a hybrid like what's available now), either progress indicator is fine for me. (With changeable color it would be even nicer)
Is there any chance you might add features like this? (Maybe a "keep FF default" option for the button at least?)

PS:
Can I change the OS attention color. Or override it within Firefox?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yes, you can modify the color.

Code: Select all

#downloads-button #downloads-indicator-progress-inner {
  fill: red !important;
}
I will add support for CTBs download indicator options on next update.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Yes, you can modify the color.
Thanks. Though for the life of me I can't figure out how to also change the color for when it's finished... (It remains blue)
Aris wrote:I will add support for CTBs download indicator options on next update.
Thanks a lot!
Aris

Post by Aris »

Code: Select all

#downloads-button #downloads-indicator-progress-inner,
#downloads-button[attention="success"] > #downloads-indicator-anchor > #downloads-indicator-progress-outer  {
  fill: orange !important;
}
avada

Post by avada »

@Aris
Thanks again!
avada

Post by avada »

Nitpick: The RSS icon seems to be off center on the button, so a tad odd: https://abload.de/img/ctb-rssk2jto.png
Aris

Post by Aris »

Thanks for reporting, install 1.5.9beta1.