[Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Post by Aris »

CTB only modifies toolbar button appearance, it does not modify any functionality of Firefox and it also does not move buttons from one area to another.

The status container you are talking about is not present in Fx29+ anymore, but does get restored by add-ons that restore the old add-ons bar, like Classic Theme Restorer for example, you can't move any items out of that area. It was never possible to do that.
Most add-ons switched to movable toolbar buttons, that an be placed on any toolbar.

There is/was one add-on on AMO (sorry, I forgot its name), that allowed to reorder items within that status container.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

There is no extension known as "statusbar container" or "status container", pls give website., anyway if it is fixed you need to modify extension as Aris wrote. further - if you use extensions which are such old and why they cant be dragged out of the box you should consider a clean new profile and begin from scratch with extension. neither its firefox or developer, its up on you to change!
Ach3r0n

Post by Ach3r0n »

To automatically configure Classic Toolbar Buttons settings on theme change I have created the following userChrome JS script, that gets called on every start of the browser by userChromeJS:

Code: Select all

//Change Firefox main icon style automatically on theme change

(function() {
'use strict';
	var gPrefService = Components.classes['@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1']
						.getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPrefService);

var selectedSkin = gPrefService.getCharPref('general.skins.selectedSkin');
	var lwtheme = gPrefService.getCharPref('lightweightThemes.selectedThemeID');

/** check if no lightweight theme (persona) is active **/
	if (lwtheme === '') {
		var navbicons = (selectedSkin === 'ftdeepdark') ? 'ico_ff29w' : 'ico_ff29d';
		gPrefService.setCharPref('extensions.cstbb-extension.navbicons', navbicons);

var navbarbuttons = (selectedSkin === 'ftdeepdark') ? 'nabbuttons_off' : 'nabbuttons_light';
		gPrefService.setCharPref('extensions.cstbb-extension.navbarbuttons', navbarbuttons);
	} else {
		gPrefService.setCharPref('extensions.cstbb-extension.navbarbuttons', 'nabbuttons_off');

/** check lightweight theme text color and adjust navigation toolbar button colors accordingly **/ 
		if (document.getElementById("main-window").hasAttribute("lwthemetextcolor")) {
			var lwthemestyle = document.getElementById("main-window").getAttribute("lwthemetextcolor");
			var navbicons = (lwthemestyle === 'dark') ? 'ico_ff29w' : 'ico_ff29d';
			gPrefService.setCharPref('extensions.cstbb-extension.navbicons', navbicons);
		}
	}
}());
The last lines containing code to change the navigation toolbar button colors for lightweight themes works, but the dark button colors don't look good on most lightweight themes. I personally have it configured to set the navigation button colors to bright instead.
NurretinVanDort

Post by NurretinVanDort »

I am loving the new chrome styled buttons in CTB! Looks really nice with a material designed theme and beyond Australis!
I'm Reviewing Firefox/Thunderbird Addons Now :3 http://mozillakff.blogspot.com/
Spriteclad

Post by Spriteclad »

Hey, I dunno if you take feature requests, but can you have it so that you can have your toolbar icons be the big versions of the Firefox 1.x/2.x icons instead of just the small ones? Thanks!
Aris

Post by Aris »

Firefox currently offers more than 40 different toolbar buttons and CTB offers about 24 icon variations. Even if large icons would exist for all toolbar buttons, CTBs file size would easily extend to a few megabytes. I don't think users would want this.
Spriteclad

Post by Spriteclad »

Is there a problem with making the extension a few megabytes?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Not really, but the icons are not the main feature of this add-on and more importantly there are no large icons for all available buttons.
Spriteclad

Post by Spriteclad »

I didn't want to have large icons for ALL buttons, just the Firefox 1.x/2.x buttons, is all.
Aris

Post by Aris »

This won't happen in CTB, but I might post a new add-on in the near future containing big Fx 1-3 toolbar icons.
MozUsr999

Post by MozUsr999 »

Hi,

I just started using this about a week or two ago. Recently I noticed that there were icons on the ??? bar, in the middle of the window on the right side of the attached picture. If they were there before I got your great little program, I didnt even bother with them.

However, after dinging around with them (adding new ones, spacing, etc), I found that when I had any buttons on the middle bar, they caused all my tool bars and icons at the top of the window to disappear. I kept having to recreate the top tool bars & layout. Gave up on the middle bar icons.

After 2 days of not having any icons on the middle bar, but the top bars holding OK, I restored the middle icons today, shut TB down, restarted, and my top tool bars were all gone again. While writing this post, a few minutes ago, I checked, and then updated TB. (I keep it up, and usually allow it to update at will, have to find out why that didnt happen)

Anyway, the top tool bars seem to be holding OK now, with icons in the middle. Any thoughts? Seems like usually you have to update the add-ons to keep stuff working, not the main program.

EDIT: UPDATE, After TB is off for 1/2 hour, the top toolbars are lost again. Help!
EDIT: UPDATE, After removing the middle buttons, now the top toolbars still disappear every time I file/exit TBIRD. Help!

Thanks for any help

Now using TB 38.7.1
Aris

Post by Aris »

I don't think CTBs button code affects toolbars in Thunderbird. It only can modify buttons and button icons placed on toolbars. Maybe your TB profile is damaged or another add-on causes issues. I never experienced such issues. To be sure CTB is not causing your problems uninstall it and use Thunderbird without CTB for a while.

There is no screenshot attached, but mentioned in your post.
No idea what the ??? bar should be.
Try to disable all other add-ons.
MozUsr999

Post by MozUsr999 »

Hi,

"There is no screenshot attached, but mentioned in your post."
I have already created screenshots, but dont see an easy way to upload them. (forgot to remove that in the post) I do have a site I can do that, but it takes me a while to figure it out again. Is there an upload button I have missed, otherwise I'll try to get that done.

"No idea what the ??? bar should be."
TB is set on Classic View, and on the right portion of the screen,
►At the top is a list of emails.
In the middle is a "Bar" that shows a repeat of "From, Subject, etc". I dont know what it is called. A right click can place or remove icons on this "bar".
►At the bottom are the contents of the email.

"Try to disable all other add-ons."
Done that, but it didnt make any difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This may help some. I had 3 top tool bars, T1, T2, T3. I realized that I had moved all of the default icons onto my middle tool bar T2. T1, & T3 are blank, with only some separators, and spaces. (I like a lot of "white space" around my menus).

I have now moved the icons back to the default location, and added a single toolbar below that, with some separators, and spaces. (you cant have a toolbar above the default location, so I lost some space above the icons). We'll see if that somehow affects it differently, I could live with it if necessary.

For now, I'm gonna try to work with this, before going through all the corrupted profile stuff. If that fails I'll have to go through what you have suggested. I'm not good at that stuff, but a corrupt profile worries me...........

Thanks, Love the program. If I can get this running, I'll contribute.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I understand there is a problem with your Tb, but I'm still not convinced of its relation to this add-on.

Screenshots can be hosted on image file hosts like http://imgur.com/ or http://postimage.org/ or http://tinypic.com/
After the upload images can be added directly to your post via given bbcode or just by posting a link.

e.g.

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/name_of_your_file.jpg[/img]
http://i.imgur.com/name_of_your_file.jpg
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Spriteclad

Noia Buttons add-on now also provides large icons from Fx 1-3. However, most of them are just upscaled versions of what was available, so some might not look good.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... 2.0.6beta1