[Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JayhawksRock

Re: [Ext] Classic (Small) Toolbar Buttons

Post by JayhawksRock »

aris-t2
v1.0.7pre7 causes a change in the back/forward dropmarker when used with this extension > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss in either small or large button mode. It is usually a narrow (approx 14px in small button mode ) borderless button next to the back/forward buttons. In my case the buttons are moved from the default location and back, forward and dropmarker are always shown. Thanks for the great work.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

JayhawksRock wrote:aris-t2
v1.0.7pre7 causes a change in the back/forward dropmarker when used with this extension > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss in either small or large button mode. It is usually a narrow (approx 14px in small button mode ) borderless button next to the back/forward buttons. In my case the buttons are moved from the default location and back, forward and dropmarker are always shown. Thanks for the great work.

aris-t2,
With what I PM'ed you about and what Jayhawksrocks just mentioned it looks like you need to revert the changes back to 1.0.7pre6 since some toolbar-buttons with drop-markers that aren't specified to be type=["menu"] and type=["menu-button"] and class=["toolbarbutton-1"] are supposedly intended by their add-on developer to be border-less.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Hey guys,

like promised I reverted pre7s changes and added support for "Plugins Toggler extension". "Back-forward-dropmarker" isn't affected anymore (-> the dev wants it to be unstyled anyway). Independant of using CSTBB or not "Back-forward-dropmarker" breaks the unified back-forward button, when forward button should be hidden.

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/versions/

v1.0.7pre8 - changes since pre7:

- reverted pre7s changes -> some add-ons are affected in a negative way using global styling method
- "temporary extension fixes" contains now some extension fixes for both small and large icon view (if needed).
- "Plugins Toggler extension" is now supported within "temporary extension fixes" settings
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

JayhawksRock wrote:aris-t2

Thanks aris-t2, the back-forward dropmarker issue is fixed for me in both small and large button mode. =D>
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Aris

Post by Aris »

v1.0.7 (final) = pre8
- classic toolbar buttons settings
set classic style for...
... toolbar buttons on menu toolbar
... toolbar buttons on navigation toolbar [small icon view]
... toolbar buttons on bookmarks toolbar
... items and folder bookmarks toolbar
... toolbar buttons on add-ons toolbar
... toolbar buttons on navigation toolbar [large icon view] (for Firefox nightly 14.0a1)
- temporary extension fixes for toolbar buttons (for Firefox nightly 14.0a1)

- navigation toolbar icon settings:
* default (let Firefox or a third party add-on decide)
* always dark toolbar button icons
* always white toolbar button icons (=inverted icons)

- internal changes

Special thanks to contributor rob64rock for many fixes and suggestions and all beta testers and supporters (from mozillazine forums).

Note: Firefox nightly 14.0a1 settings are only visible on FF14+.

"About startup extension" has to be updated to v0.1.10 to work with latest nightlys and add-ons that use inline options.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

aris-t2,

Using CSTB v1.0.7 on latest Fx Nightly 14.0a1 build.

When using CSTB v1.07 to restore toolbar-button borders appearance on any Toolbar(including the Add-on Bar). When Fx 14.0a1 has a dark Persona theme enabled Toolbar-buttons drop-markers are inverted to white, with CSTB restoring toolbar-button borders appearance the over-sized & inverted(white) drop-markers aren't needed.

This CSS fix below restores toolbar-button drop-markers appearance back to Fx builds prior to Fx14.0a1 and prevents inverted(white) drop-markers when Fx has a Persona theme enabled, when using CSTB v1.07 or v1.0.8pre* settings: (Navigation Toolbar "buttons" Small Icon View & Large Icon View) or other toolbars(optional) on Fx14+.

http://userstyles.org/styles/62993/cstb-1-0-7-inverted-button-dropmarkers-fix-fx14

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons]:not([iconsize="large"]) #nav-bar toolbarbutton dropmarker {
    list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/arrow/arrow-dn.gif") !important;}

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons][iconsize="large"] #nav-bar toolbarbutton dropmarker {
    list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/toolbarbutton-dropdown-arrow.png")!important;}

/* To use a style section below move the symbol (star|forward-slash) at the bottom of a style section below and place it to the right of the style's section description */

/********************************************************************************************/

/* Restores 'Menu Bar' default non-inverted toolbar-button drop-markers

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons]:not([iconsize="large"]) #toolbar-menubar toolbarbutton dropmarker {

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons][iconsize="large"] #toolbar-menubar toolbarbutton dropmarker {
    list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/toolbarbutton-dropdown-arrow.png")!important;}

*/

/* Restores 'Bookmarks Toolbar' default non-inverted toolbar-button drop-markers

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons]:not([iconsize="large"]) #PersonalToolbar toolbarbutton dropmarker {

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons][iconsize="large"] #PersonalToolbar toolbarbutton dropmarker {

*/

/* Restores 'Add-on Bar' default non inverted toolbar-button drop-markers

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons]:not([iconsize="large"]) ~ #browser-bottombox #addon-bar toolbarbutton dropmarker {

#main-window[lwtheme="true"] #navigator-toolbox[mode=icons][iconsize="large"] ~ #browser-bottombox #addon-bar toolbarbutton dropmarker {

*/

Note: This style only prevents inverted drop-markers by default on the Nav-bar, when using CSTB v1.0.7 or v1.0.8pre* with settings mentioned above and when Fx has a Persona Theme enabled or with any of L.A.R Grizzly Themes.

Style Updated 04-11-2012
Provided style options(disabled by default) for using non-inverted(not white) toolbar-button drop-markers on 'Menu Bar', Bookmarks Toolbar, & Add-on Bar when Fx has a Persona Theme enabled or with any of L.A.R Grizzly Themes.
Last edited by rob64rock on April 11th, 2012, 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

v1.0.8pre1
- fixed toolbar button dropmarker icon for dark and white icon settings (thanks to rob64rock)
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

aris-t2 wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/versions/

v1.0.8pre1
- fixed toolbar button dropmarker icon for dark and white icon settings (thanks to rob64rock)

Pm'ed you... :idea:

Also edited my post above... :roll:
em28

Post by em28 »

Any way to make the extension work on AIOS toolbar ?
Can it work with LiveClick ?
Enabling it made LiveClick bookmarks new items coloring to disappear.
Aris

Post by Aris »

em28 wrote:Any way to make the extension work on AIOS toolbar ?
Can it work with LiveClick ?
Enabling it made LiveClick bookmarks new items coloring to disappear.

I'll check LiveClick issue later, but what problem do you have with AIOS toolbar?

For me the buttons look quite similar to to CSTBBs ones:

em28

Post by em28 »

OK, I need to give some more details.

I use FF12Beta Hebrew version with Strtini Super theme.
I have AIOS toolbar where I placed some buttons from "Toolbar Buttons" ext.
As I test it with AIOS buttons it seem fine, but AIOS buttons are gray style,
and I want my browser to be more colorful.
Aris

Post by Aris »

em28 wrote:OK, I need to give some more details.

I use FF12Beta Hebrew version with Strtini Super theme.
I have AIOS toolbar where I placed some buttons from "Toolbar Buttons" ext.
As I test it with AIOS buttons it seem fine, but AIOS buttons are gray style,
and I want my browser to be more colorful.

OK, now I see what you mean. Button appearance was removed by "Stratini Super" theme (and other themes too) from AIOS toolbar, while default FF theme displays buttons "correct".

You may want to check pre3s new setting for AIOS extension.
The LiveClick color issue should be fixed now too, can you confirm?

v1.0.8pre3
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/versions

changes since pre2
- (new) settings for dropmarker icon appearance (small & big dark or big white dropmarker)
- (new) setting for AIOS extension (needed when CSTBB and AIOS are used together with L.A.R Grizzlys themes, Statini Super theme or Strata M4 theme and maybe others)
- minor other tweaks and fixes
em28

Post by em28 »

I can confirm that LiveClick issue has been solved.
As I see in default and Classic Compact theme AIOS have a nice look.
Edit: now I can see that u manage to overcome Strtaini refusal.. =D>

May I suggest another idea ?
I've moved tab bar to the top, where I placed in addition some buttons & the url bar.
can u get access to that line ?

Some buttons in the Addon bar does not get the CTB look while other do.

Last edited by em28 on April 13th, 2012, 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Hey em28, glad to see Stratini Super is still holding up to your modifications!
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
em28

Post by em28 »

Yeap, It's my favorite theme.
I must say CTB has taken it to a new high level.