[Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [Fx/Tb/Sm]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Toolbar Buttons [FF/TB/SM]

Post by Aris »

aifi wrote:close tab button of tab utilities 1.5.1 in large icon size is not normal with v1.1.7.

Could you post a screenshot and maybe your TU settings (-> export file)? I went through all CTB settings, while TU 1.5.1 was enabled (using default settings) and didn't find anything "strange" or "not normal".
aifi

Post by aifi »

Aris wrote:
aifi wrote:close tab button of tab utilities 1.5.1 in large icon size is not normal with v1.1.7.

Could you post a screenshot and maybe your TU settings (-> export file)? I went through all CTB settings, while TU 1.5.1 was enabled (using default settings) and didn't find anything "strange" or "not normal".

WinXP Fx17.0.1 using default settings of TU 1.5.1 and CTB v1.1.7, All buttons are bigger than normal ones in big icons mode(no small icons mode) when close tab button or options button of TU is dragged to navbar.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I found what causes this. Get new pre version from: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/versions/

v1.1.8pre1
- (fix FF) nav-bar buttons and left/right space option
- (fix FF) TabUtilities 1.5+ icons on nav-bar (large icon view)
aifi

Post by aifi »

Thanks to fix ! Have a question in addition, if you installed Zoom Page 5.3(using default settings) in Fx 12, you would find that three buttons of Zoom Page had Combined together rather than Separated as CTB. You watch the border of zoom buttons of Zoom Page . Its border is different from the border of single button, and is designed for Combining together. Hope to restore to Zoom Page's buttons of Fx 12.
Last edited by aifi on December 17th, 2012, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

You are right about Zoom Page add-on. I have only added basic support, so it won't corrupt other toolbar buttons. Now for the next CTB version ZoomPages button gui will be more like it was on FF12. Take a look at v1.1.8pre2.

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/versions/

v1.1.8pre2
- (change FF) 'Zoom Page add-on v5.3' nav-bar buttons tweaks
--> add-on buttons now look more like they did on FF12
--> needs more testing
--> some feedback would be appreciated (-> support forum)
adxalf1

Post by adxalf1 »

Hello Aris!
Can you please make a simple add-on that just only does: "restore hidden forward-button (if connected to urlbar)"
Because I won´t install this big add-on just for my needed function.
Or can you give me please an userChrome.css oder userChrome.js code please?
Have also tried to contact you direct, but your email doesn´t work, come back.
Thanks, Ansgar
Aris

Post by Aris »

adxalf1 wrote:Hello Aris!
Can you please make a simple add-on that just only does: "restore hidden forward-button (if connected to urlbar)"
Because I won´t install this big add-on just for my needed function.
Or can you give me please an userChrome.css oder userChrome.js code please?
Have also tried to contact you direct, but your email doesn´t work, come back.
Thanks, Ansgar

My email doesn't work? But I get mails all the time. :D Its written like "name" at "domain" dot "de" (at=@, dot=.), so it won't get detected by spam bots so easily.

Anyway, this code is not large enough to be released as an own add-on, but you can of course use it inside Stylish or userChrome.css.

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul) {
   window:not([chromehidden~=toolbar]) #navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > :-moz-any(#nav-bar[currentset*="unified-back-forward-button,urlbar-container"],#nav-bar:not([currentset])) > #unified-back-forward-button[forwarddisabled] + #urlbar-container > #urlbar {
     margin-left: 0px !important;
     padding-left: 0px !important;
     -moz-margin-start: 0px !important;
   }

window:not([chromehidden~=toolbar]) #navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > :-moz-any(#nav-bar[currentset*="unified-back-forward-button,urlbar-container"],#nav-bar:not([currentset])) > #unified-back-forward-button:not(:hover) > #forward-button[disabled] ,
   window:not([chromehidden~=toolbar]) #navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > :-moz-any(#nav-bar[currentset*="unified-back-forward-button,urlbar-container"],#nav-bar:not([currentset])) > #unified-back-forward-button:hover > #forward-button[disabled] {
     opacity: 1.0 !important;
   }

window:not([chromehidden~=toolbar]) #navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > :-moz-any(#nav-bar[currentset*="unified-back-forward-button,urlbar-container"],#nav-bar:not([currentset])) > #unified-back-forward-button > #forward-button[disabled] > .toolbarbutton-icon{
     border-top:1px solid #869aad !important;
     border-bottom:1px solid #869aad !important;
     border-right:1px solid #869aad !important;
   }

window:not([chromehidden~=toolbar]) #navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > :-moz-any(#nav-bar[currentset*="unified-back-forward-button,urlbar-container"],#nav-bar:not([currentset])) > #unified-back-forward-button[forwarddisabled] #back-forward-dropmarker{
      visibility:visible !important;   
   }

window:not([chromehidden~=toolbar]) #navigator-toolbox[iconsize=large][mode=icons] > :-moz-any(#nav-bar[currentset*="unified-back-forward-button,urlbar-container"],#nav-bar:not([currentset])) > #unified-back-forward-button[forwarddisabled] + #urlbar-container > #urlbar > #notification-popup-box[hidden] + #identity-box:-moz-locale-dir(ltr) {
      padding-left: 2px !important;
      transition: none !important;
    }
}
post2forum

Post by post2forum »

Hi Aris thanks for making such a cool extension. I'm currently in the process of transitioning from Firefox 10 ESR to Firefox 17 ESR. Here's what Firefox 10 ESR and 17 ESR look like without your extension:

After installing your extension I enabled Mac OSX style for navigation icons and "Classic green & blue colors for verified identities and domains". Here's what it looks like now in Firefox 17 ESR:

I was wondering if you would consider handling the verified identities and domains in a style more similar to 10 ESR. In that version (as seen in the first screenshot) the website's icon shows and the text is bold and also the domain name or company name shows in the blue or green tag, respectively.

Thanks again
Aris

Post by Aris »

I can make the font bold for verified-identit (green), but not for the verified-domain (blue), because the text label was removed from FF. You may want to check the extension "site favicon in urlbar" ( https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/site-f ... in-urlbar/ ) to restore old favicon and also set own colors for different identity appearances. If you want the green font color from FF10, use '#2f6600' for text color (inside the mentioned extension).

verifiedIdentity
linear-gradient(hsl(91,70%,90%), hsl(93,60%,81%))

verifiedDomain
linear-gradient(hsl(215,60%,92%), hsl(215,58%,88%))

text color
#2f6600
post2forum

Post by post2forum »

Thanks for the reply Aris. Do you know the CSS I can add to make that text in the verified box bold and change its color? Also one other thing I noticed about yours with the blue verified domain, it seems like it's missing a space between the blue and the website. Look at the PayPal one there is a gap between the green box and https://www.paypal.com, but there is no gap between the lock icon in the blue box and https://encrypted.google.com.
Aris

Post by Aris »

post2forum wrote:Thanks for the reply Aris. Do you know the CSS I can add to make that text in the verified box bold and change its color? Also one other thing I noticed about yours with the blue verified domain, it seems like it's missing a space between the blue and the website. Look at the PayPal one there is a gap between the green box and https://www.paypal.com, but there is no gap between the lock icon in the blue box and https://encrypted.google.com.

"Do you know the CSS I can add to make that text in the verified box bold and change its color?"

Code: Select all

.verifiedIdentity {
     color: #2f6600 !important;
     font-size:9pt !important;
     font-weight: bold !important;
     font-family:'Arial' !important;
   }

"...it seems like it's missing a space between the blue and the website."

I know, but my code only changes the background color(s). Firefox sets the dimensions. Maybe more space for verifiedIdentity box underlines its importance. Not sure, why Mozilla did this. Changing it breaks some urlbar add-ons that rely on default dimensions. You are using an urlbar add-on too, right?

em28

Post by em28 »

Opps.
Latest version (1.2.1) broke my All-in-One-Sidebar buttons on FF 20 beta as shown:

and here is the 1.2 version:

Aris

Post by Aris »

Thats strange, there were no changes on buttons code between 1.2 and 1.2.1. I've only added another icon set, but you don't use it anyway.
What theme are you using and what other icon/button styling add-ons place buttons like in the image on your sidebar? I can't reproduce this on default theme with default buttons.
em28

Post by em28 »

Well, I use Stratini Super theme that is not compatible for FF, but works fine.
I use Stylish for background color.
Some icons comes from Toolbar Buttons, other from Stratini Super theme.

Everything looked like charm on 1.2.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I cannot reproduce this using Stratini Super 3.06 + Toolbar Buttons v1.0 add-on + AIOS 0.7.18 on WinXP or Win7. Are you using same versions?

Could you remove CTB, restart Firefox and reinstall CTB?

Could you export your AIOS settings and paste them here?

Could you disable your Stylish script?

Could you disable Toolbar Buttons v1.0 add-on?

Are you pointing on any toolbar images inside CTB add-on?

Is your downloads button/indicator on the sidebar? This is the only button I changed 1px in size on this update.

Is the bug gone, if you update to Fx 20 beta 2 or install Fx 19.0.1?

Edit: removed testbuild link. Not needed anymore. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Aris on March 1st, 2013, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.