Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Due to problem on the main support site (http://userlogos.org/forum/simplemail) you can post report bug here
Simple Mail is a mail client for Firefox. It allows you to get notified, read and write messages for multiple email accounts inside Firefox.
Download : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/simple-mail
Localization : http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3568
- If you would like to translate it to your language, please go to BabelZilla.org,
- find the Simple Mail project and register yourself as an Simple Mail's translator.
Report Bugs :
- If the problem still happen, please create a new profile with only Simple Mail installed to see if it is extension conflict.
- I have to reproduce your problem, and then I can begin to debug and find out how to solve it.
- Please describe the problem's reproduce steps and what you can see in Error Console. That will be helpful.
WARNING : This version is not compatible with Firefox versions below 16
- ADDED : DTD declaration on saved mail
- FIXED : Problem when choosing font for new mail
- FIXED : Various little bugs
- FIXED : Popup position under FX29
- FIXED : Settings window size
- ADDED : New skin
Last edited by TechnalXS on July 10th, 2014, 9:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
It seems like there is an email that Simple Mail is having trouble receiving. When I click check now, it tries to load new emails, and then hangs. Eventually a pop up error message comes up that says,
"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
It then ask if I would like to stop or continue. If I continue, the same thing happens over an over again. If I stop, I get a Simple email message/error that says, "Error(s) 00:3:10"
Any ideas on how I can get around this? I really like your program.
If I continue, it
I think it's due to a malformed mail header.
Try to open the mail by your webmail (if you can), and get the source of the faulting email. Then send me a copy of the header's mail (not the body , just the header). your can hide sensitive information of course.
Thanks TechnalXS. I don't know which email was causing the problem there were about 4 of 5 spam emails that weren't loaded by Simple Email. But for some reason, the problem went away yesterday evening! Appreciate your help.
There is a new avalaible version 2.83Beta1 of simple Mail
- ADDED : Possibility to abort sending/checking mail
- ADDED : change icon when RE or FWD
- ADDED : Add Catalan language
- ADDED : Add Ukrainian language (thanks to Daniel Guerin)
- FIXED : Mailto handler work now (thanks to Vaka)
- ADDED : Option to open new mail in a new window
- FIXED : SPAM Management don't work correctly - code rewrite
- FIXED : Problem with email name with coma
- FIXED : space on the left of Simple Mail's button
- ADDED : Option to avoid confirmation of deleting messages
Recently upgraded to Firefox 15. I believe I'm using simplemail 2.83. After I upgraded Firefox, whenever the manual mail refresh button is clicked, there is a pop-up window in the middle of the screen that shows the refresh status for email account(s). While this occurs, it is impossible to go to any other tab or view emails. If you try, you'll get a BEEP error.
Email address entry errors - when sending new email, manually typing in email address brings an error 5XX failure... Basically, in the to: field, if you type in joe <email@example.com> you won't get an error. If you just type in firstname.lastname@example.org you'll get the send error.
Also, email accounts are not refreshing when manually set to refresh every "X" minutes.
I also have the same problems like elmaxo...
Thanks in advance
sorry for the late answer,
for the first request the next version will not have this popup
for the second request, i have fix the problem for the next version which would be avalaible as soon as possible
There is a new avalaible version 2.83.1 of simple Mail :
- FIXED : problem sending email without "< >"
- FIXED : filters are movable again
- FIXED : auto sync won't work
Thank you so much! Works perfectly
Is it possible to get a conversation view so the replies to a original message have the same (one) group? I'm getting a lot of replies, re-replies and its' hard to navigate.
There is a new avalaible version 2.83.2 of simple Mail :
- FIXED : bug with acknowledgments
- FIXED : add a signature if you reopen a template
- ADDED : New filter to auto forward mails
- ADDED : some cosmetic changes
- ADDED : check and send progress bar in the toolbar
- ADDED (again) : you can select a mail with right-click for deleting (or something else) without opening it (code rewrite)
- ADDED : check mail in the background if SimpleMail tab is not focused
Just added Simple Mail today and like it. But the "Mark as spam" button seems inconsistent. Sometimes it does what I asked it to do and deletes the spam, and sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes if I try again after looking at other emails, or if I go to the dropdown menu next to the button and reconfirm my settings it works again for a while. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Yep i know this bug and i'm working on it
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests