Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
hm simplemail seems to stop refreshing emails after a while
i have to restart firefox to refresh it...
and it still downloads same emails several times which is really annoying
I cannot get the email icon to stop flashing. Is it suppose to do this? I don't have any new emails, the ones I have were read and I even deleted them. My mail box is totally empty! It didn't flash for the first hour I had the program but then started and will not stop. I searched forums and found others had this problem but could not find a solution.
This plugin is excellent. I have 2 small bugs and one feature request:
1) There was a small bug that initially it marked all of my ~18000 mails as unread. I sorted it out by manually selecting them marking them as read. This took about 6 hours, the process was very slow. I am using GMAIL POP. I noticed the plugin uses a SQLITE3 database, I had urges to just connect to it and do UPDATE messages SET read = 1 but never got around to it Nevermind it's fine now.
2) It would be very nice to create a filter that only shows UNREAD messages in inbox. Currently this is not possible. Starring the messages would be an alternative.
3) With the second point there comes a little bug. Sorting the view is possible based only on ONE criteria. I currently have the messages sorted by read flag, therefore more messages satisfy this condition. The order in which they show is undefined. It's like the SQL order clause is ORDER BY read ASC, and it should be something like ORDER BY read ASC, message_id DESC (newest first). I haven't looked into code yet but that's how the behavior looks like.
Small glitches but excellent plugin, I am fully using it now and got rid of thunderbird. Thanks!
- sometimes outlook screws up message forwarding and forwards an inline image that is not actually present in the email. This image does not turn up in attachments as expected, and a clickable "broken image" icon is displayed in the email. When clicked on, firefox tries to open an address like "cid:image001.jpg@01CE7FCE.464635C0" and complains that The address wasn't understood.
This is all fine an dandy except that it is impossible to reply to such an mail with fully quoting it (default behavior). Upon send, SimpleMail crashes in /content/encoder.js, line 228, function readUrl. I have put an alert in front of the call, and the URL being queried is exactly the image address, "cid:image001.jpg@01CE7FCE.464635C0". This fails, and the whole send process fails.
Exact error message is:
Timestamp: 07/15/2013 01:37:04 AM
Error: NS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL: Component returned failure code: 0x804b0012 (NS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL) [nsIIOService.newChannel]
Source File: chrome://simplemail/content/encoder.js
I have tried to put a try / catch block around the line and return an empty string, but then it crashes in file.js.
OFF TOPIC: it is absolutely excellent that the plugin ignores IMAP message's read state and maintains it's own "what was read" database (and treats ALL newly downloaded messages [even if previously read on another device] as unread). Keep it that way!
Do it is possible to do a slim version from 500KB to 50KB?
I see core is "mail.js" 33,7KB.
Do it is possible to use it to build a simple interface also only imap?
Hi all, first off, great add-on!
I just found a tiny bug(or inconsistency...), here the thing: I use Simple Mail exclusively in plain text mode, whenever I use Simple Mail's "Send by Simple Mail" option from the right click drop down menu, a link is added to my email ready for sending. That's great but the link is in HTML code so if I send this email, it will just show up empty at the recipient's side... The automatically added link ends up being an annoyance since I always have to replace it with a plain text URL.
I believe it would be more consistent behaviour if the add-on added plain text URLs to the email if sending is in plain text mode by default.
Another solution would be to replace all links with plain text URLs upon sending.
Hope this information is useful for someone.
I also noticed that plain text replies include the "blockquote" markup quoting the message being replied to, these end up appearing in plain text at the recipient's side, not very nice to look at and they make reading more difficult...
i'm actually working on some bugs :
- problem with color on mail
- problem with attachments when view on plain text
- drag n' drop problem on attachments on new mail
- bug with import/export (freeze UI during the process)
- the "kbs1 's bug"
and now the "bn_foo's bug"
as i'm on holidays please be patient.
I hope a new version by the end of August, early September
PS : i'm also working on the version 3 of Simplemail but I must include bug fixes from version 2.xx
Why is yahoo being a pain in the ass setting up?
I can't delete the emails in my trash.
I tried enabling the "empty trash on exit" box, but it has no effect.
I tried right-clicking on the trash folder and clicking "empty," but I get an error message: Invalid response: no such message.
I am now storing 250 read messages in the trash and climbing. I need some real help, please.
I consider switching from Opera to FF+Simplemail, because Opera does not include an e-mail-module in future versions. Is it possible to import mbox-files from Opera into Simplemail's Inbox- and Sent-folder?
Thanks anyways for your effort!
Although my emails are being brought in when I press the refresh button I am getting a red box appear on the bottom left of the screen that tells me that the pop connection has failed it mentions the number 110.
I have uninstalled simplemail and reinstalled and I have also deleted my email accounts and then added them again.
All of the sudden, I can't see all the contents of my inbox, only one email at a time. Can't seem to find out what I did. (but I'm sure it was user induced) Any ideas how I can see all of the emails in my inbox again?
Yes u can : right click on the folder where u want to import mails and choose "Import" then pick your *.mbs file.
I'm working on a new version which will better manage import
you should have an error in your mail setting (name, password, POP/IMAP server). Which provider do u use ?
??? strange, could u post (or send me by email) a screenshot ?
Is there or will there be an import-function, where you can also import complete folders at once? Opera stores the .mbs-files in probably hundreds of folders (at least, if one uses it for many years). And as you can imagine: selecting the files themselves would be quite some work...
However, all the best!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest