[Ext] Simple Mail

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TechnalXS

Re: [Ext] Simple Mail

Post by TechnalXS »

Hello,

which version of Firefox do you use ?

Regards
Regards,
TechnalXS
luminar

Post by luminar »

Sorry. I thought my browser info was in my footnote. It shows this:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20130926 Firefox/24.0 PaleMoon/24.0.2

It's the latest version of PaleMoon, 24.0.2, based on Firefox 24.0.

Thanks, TechnalXS.
Regards.
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

hmmm strange.

I did a test under PaleMoon 24.0.2 and it's ok...
I'll look but i don't see where the problem comes
Regards,
TechnalXS
luminar

Post by luminar »

I'll keep on checking my browser and addon configuration. If it's ok there, probably I'm missing something here.

Thank you!
Regards.
kbs1

Post by kbs1 »

There is a bug when opening links with target="_self", it opens the content in the message display window. Links should be always opened in a new tab.
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

May be i don't understand what you mean but target="_self" mean : "open in the same frame/window" ....
Regards,
TechnalXS
kbs1

Post by kbs1 »

I talk about links in a HTML email. If such link is with target _self, for example <a href="http://google.com" target="_self">click</a> SimpleMail will not open the link correctly (not in a new tab).
Last edited by kbs1 on October 5th, 2013, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlie6

Simple Mail 2.86 - attached piece not seen by recipient

Post by charlie6 »

Bonjour Technalxs !
Thanks for version 2.86 ! that i have installed on the existing 2.86b6 ... without removing it.
Icons theme keeps being screwed on Oxygen: settings changes seem not to be memorized in some config file. Maybe i should have better to re-install SimpleMail.

Another issue:
Some recipient using Evolution 3.6.2-0ubuntu0.1 Mail-Client do not even see attached pieces.

Hope this information could help.
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

Hello,
i think there is a problem with your Firefox's profile, coz i have done hundred and hundred installations of Simplemail and i never lose my settings. I suggest you to delete the folder "simplemail@telega.phpnet.us" which is in your firefox's profile/extensions but NOT the folder "simplemail" where stand the file simplemail.sqlite.
Then you can reinstall Simplemail without loosing your mails and your accounts settings (you just have to re-enter your password).

For the problem with Evolution, can you send me by e-mail the source of this mail?
Regards,
TechnalXS
charlie6

Post by charlie6 »

Hi Technalxs,
how can i find the «source» of a mail ?
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

Hello,
select the mail, click on "save as" (the icon between the trash and the print icon) and save as "eml".
Regards,
TechnalXS
charlie6

Post by charlie6 »

Hi Technalxs,
...→problem with evolution:
after having reinstalled SimpleMail2.86, i got a try sending mails with attached file to relatives. They all have received the attached file.
As also to the person having the Evolution Mail Client: he also got the attached piece.
So i believe that the previous installation was somewhat corrupted.
Thanks for all your advices !
Cheers, Charlie
lprobi

Post by lprobi »

Hi there,
finally trying to switch from Opera to Simplemail. Yet I did not get very far: I could not even save a new account. After filling in e-mail-adress etc. I click in OK, but nothing happens... ?
Running Simplemail 2.85 in FF24 (the special version for Canonical), on Lubuntu 13.10 RC. Maybe this is not a problem of Simplemail?

Thanks!

Edit: Also with FF-Standardversion for Linux on final Lubuntu 13.10, I have the same problem...
luminar

Post by luminar »

The problem I had reported before (Sep.27th) is definitely happening, I mean, it's not my computer or configuration:
"The icon for replied messages is not working. There used to be a kind of green arrow over the envelope icon. Now there's no green arrow, only the white envelope."

I've tested the addon on Firefox 24.0 and on PaleMoon 24.0.2, on two different computers -- always making clean installations. No green arrow so far. :(

Any tip?

Thanks in advance.
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

Hello,

I did a test under Firefox 24, beta25, alpha27 with a fresh install of Firefox+Simplemail v2.85 and Firefox+Simplemail V2.86.2 and it's works : the green arrow is here when replying ... I'll do a test with Palemoon soon
Regards,
TechnalXS