[Ext] Simple Mail

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TechnalXS

Re: [Ext] Simple Mail

Post by TechnalXS »

Which version of simple mail do you use, because this bug has been fixed since 2.83.
Regards,
TechnalXS
kbs1

Post by kbs1 »

SimpleMail v 2.85. Newest on firefox extensions page. I am running it on Firefox 25, Arch Linux x86_64, newest kernel.
TechnalXS

Post by TechnalXS »

Try with the 2.86.3 version.
You can find it here :
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... ons/2.86.3
Regards,
TechnalXS
Engelium

Post by Engelium »

Hi

thanks for having created this great addon... as an Opera user this is how I think the mail client of Seamonkey should be or how TB should integrate in FF.

However I've a request: can you add an option to hide the address bar in the tab of Simple Mail? ... I don't like to have it here since it has no use and waste precious vertical space of my notebook.

Thanks in advance and good work ;)
sprinkle

Post by sprinkle »

Hi, I wrote you previously about some bugs but now I see the proper forum.

I wanted you to be reminded this is one of the greatest programs ever. I also switched from Opera after being a loyal Opera user for 8 years. So unfortunately while Simple Mail seems to the best alternative, I still am expecting my workflow to be not changed much. I know, first world problems, right? I am so spoiled.

It is so amazing that it nearly does, though! You and your team should be so proud!

Anyway, here are the latest 'bugs' I noticed, if you can call them that:

-Attachments: I sent about 15 megs of video MP4s to a gmail and AOL account. The user found no attachments while looking through their iPhone 4s Safari at their web mail in both cases. The message preview indicates attachments. The content is not displayed. Could be an Apple bug. But I sent an individual one through Opera and through Simple Mail and only the Opera one worked fine. The Simple Mail one appeared blank again upon opening it. So that's kind of a big issue if it's a repeatable problem.

-No multiple writing emails: I cannot open another window to compose another email while one is being composed. Likewise, if one is in transit, I cannot start a new email until that one sends. There seems to be no way of having two windows of any type open - whether it's composing, sending, editing or whatever. It would be nice to be able to work on multiple emails at once.

-Strange date order: Haven't figured out if this is a setting yet or what. What happens is that when the e-mails load, they appear out of the order that they were received, but as I read them they put themselves in place in the correct order my friends sent emails. So perhaps this is a refresh bug, whereby emails just stack in the order they load rather than by the actual dates? Not too disruptive, just confusing.

That's all I noticed since my last email. Be well! Thanks for single-handedly kicking Opera's pattooty.
charlie6

Simple Mail 2.86.3 allowed characters

Post by charlie6 »

Hi Technalxs
Attachments to a mail having a "&" chracter in their name are not accepted as attached document (...without warning message; they are not picked up nor displayed at the bottom of the mail).
Are there other not allowed characters? which one then ?
cheers, charlie
lprobi

Post by lprobi »

Technalxs,
one feature, I would love to see: autosave in Drafts after a few seconds, when I start to write a new message. Opera had that function, and it was quite helpful...
Last edited by lprobi on December 12th, 2013, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
sprinkle

Post by sprinkle »

Not a bug but a feature request; Opera had a "g" hotkey which brings you to the next unread e-mail in a folder. Can we have something like that in Simple Mail? Or if you right-click something that lets you choose the option?
DramanIN

Post by DramanIN »

HI! First of all: I find Simple Mail extra useful. It's a great and useful extension.

However there's one problem:
Since 2 or 3 updates it seems to be unable to send files longer than a few hundred kilobytes.
2-3 Mb make it freeze, it shows connection bar perpetually refreshing and there's nothing going on.

I'm using latest version on Windows 7/Firefox AURORA 27.0a2 (2013-11-21) with multiple gmail, and yandex accounts connected via IMAPI protocol. There's always that "freezing" problem when it comes to sending files.

Help?
david42fr

Post by david42fr »

Hi,

I give a try to simple mail for a gmail account in IMAP and it really does what I want, but I've got a problem : when simple mail downloads new mails, it marks them as read in the gmail interface? is there a way that it works as IMAP should i.e. only mark as read when I select them in simple mail interface? or did I forget something to do?

Second question: can we have only unread mail showed?

Thanks for answers!
mantou

Post by mantou »

david42fr wrote:Hi,

I give a try to simple mail for a gmail account in IMAP and it really does what I want, but I've got a problem : when simple mail downloads new mails, it marks them as read in the gmail interface? is there a way that it works as IMAP should i.e. only mark as read when I select them in simple mail interface? or did I forget something to do?

Second question: can we have only unread mail showed?

Thanks for answers!
Hi,

Contains "%" the link can not click.

Hope to add a color label and sort can use shortcut keys.

Hoping to sync Google contacts.

Thanks
jerson

Post by jerson »

Hello TechnalXS

I've been using this extension for some time now and had a bad crash of FF recently due to which FF would not start(profile not found). As part of the restoration procedure, I asked FF to reset itself(not sure if that is the correct term). As a result, I lost my profile folder along with all the mail stored in simple mail data files. I had to re-install the extension and re-create the accounts in simple mail.

I found some files in the old profile folder which 'appear' to be the old simple mail data files by their sizes and dates.

Question:
Is there some way I can re-link these files to the current installation of SimpleMail or can I through some magic bring back those old emails I lost?

Regards
Jerson
wtstsgalor

Post by wtstsgalor »

I'm trying to set up my simple mail email account on a new laptop. I copied all the details exactly from my old laptop: smtp, password, all that stuff. But it still won't work. It won't get any incoming mail, and when I try to send something, I get an error: Authentication Failed, [Pop/verizon.net,995,ssl] Invalid response Err: Authentication failed.

How can I fix this and get my mail?
wtstsgalor

Post by wtstsgalor »

Never mind, I figured it out.
Kuroonehalf

Post by Kuroonehalf »

Hi. I'm sorry if someone's said the fix to this already but I couldn't find it. Essentially I'm having troubles sending emails with my hotmail account. I can send with my gmail account just fine, but the hotmail one just does not seem to want to work. When I hit send the progress bar fills like 15 times and then errors on me. The error message says "[smtp.live.com:465.SSL]: Connection failed".

My settings for the hotmail account are:
POP3/IMAP
Type: POP3
Host: pop3.live.com
SSL/TLS checked
Port: 995
SMTP
Host: smtp.live.com
SSL/TLS checked
Port: 465
SMTP Authentication checked
Authentication: Default