[Ext] Simple Mail

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
charlie6

Simple Mail 2.86.7 attachment not seen by recipient

Post by charlie6 »

Hi,
Simple Mail 2.86.7 attachment not seen by recipient
i regularly have some recipients asking me to again send a mail, sent using SM2.86.7 (*), because they answer not finding the attached document.
I then have no other solution than to use the webmail facilities of my internet provider to resend the mail and its attachment; or also mailing a printed copy + stick stamps + bringing it to a Post office ... :D . Till now,I have been hating using another mail client than SimpleMail :wink: .
I noticed that it has happened with recipients (2 different recipients) which/who are organisations that might have an automatic mail reception procedure (maybe a robot...?). For one of them, i had a chance to contact a person who told me they need to manualy pick up the attachment using their webmail.
(*)it also happened with earlier versions.

Cheers, Charlie
whatsitsgalore

Re: [Ext] Simple Mail

Post by whatsitsgalore »

Now my trash will not empty. I've always had trouble with this function; it worked sometimes, gave me trouble at other times. Now it has ceased to work at all.

I triple-checked that the box "empty trash on exit" is checked. WHy did this suddenly stop working, and how can I make it work again? Thanks.
whatsitsgalore

Post by whatsitsgalore »

As long as I'm here...does anybody answer this forum any more? Looks like there hasn't been an actual answer since July. I've been to bugzilla, but I do not understand how to use that site at all. There must be someplace on the web to get tech help for this Simple Mail program. Please help, somebody!
valleyautosales

Post by valleyautosales »

Using simplemail to send & receive gmail. One problem...every time I send an email from simplemail using the gmail account, I always get an extra copy of the sent email sent back to the simplemail when it checks for new mail. Is there some setting in either simplemail or gmail settings that I'm missing which would stop simplemail from retrieving every email I send using gmail acct? Thanks!

SOLVED: This problem was fixed by downloading the latest version of simplemail. I wish Firefox would approve it as the latest stable release. It works great. Here is the link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/simple-mail/versions/
Last edited by rsx11m on October 10th, 2014, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unrelated link to commercial website
valleyautosales

Having problems with simplemail firefox plugin?

Post by valleyautosales »

Try downloading the latest version of simplemail and see if this fixes your problems.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/simple-mail/versions/
whatsitsgalore

Post by whatsitsgalore »

Thank you, that's worth a try.

The question remains: how many times must we re-download this program to keep it running at what passes for normal? Even at its best, it is filled with glitches, and this will mark, I believe, the third re-download in 2 years.
charlie6

character code for blanc space in text mode

Post by charlie6 »

Hi Technalxs,

I use simple mail with setting "send messages in text mode" checked.

If 2 words are separated by more than 1 space, the extra blanc space(s) are received as " " (without quotes)

example: the following message sent as:
1espace 1espace
2espaces 2espaces
3espaces 3espaces

is received as
1espace 1espace
2espaces  2espaces
3espaces   3espaces

thanks for any follow-up
cheers; charlie
atlantius21

Post by atlantius21 »

Can't send mails!
I unable to choose any email address to send from in the drop-down...it shows nothing. So I can't send mails. Please fix this.
MichaelLNK

Post by MichaelLNK »

Version 2.86.6 has problems already mentioned: not able to send emails, autofill not working, icons are different than on ADDON pages, "From" box not working. New icons are not nice and are not intuitive. I very much preferred old ones.
This is the only latest version available for download. Version 2.86.7 listed on page https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... /versions/ has "Download Now" button not active.
MichaelLNK

Post by MichaelLNK »

Is this forum dead? Is Technalxs still working on Simple Mail? Is Simple Mail still valid Add On or is it a retired product?
charlie6

Re: [Ext] Simple Mail 2.86.7 won't run on Pale Moon for Linu

Post by charlie6 »

Hi,
tested SM 2.86.7 on Pale Moon 24 and 25.1.0 on a Puppy Linux Tahr-6.0 ( derivated from ubuntu trusty)
install process works OOTB
but
here cannot finish to add and create an account:
once all "General", "Pop-up" and "SMTP" fields are filled, pressing "OK" does not close the account dialog box; then no account created.
Moreover, the "color" entry does not display an envelope when clicking the black arrow; a little 1mm square is displayed instead.

I also tried SM 2.86.2: "color" entry displays the envelopes; but no possibility to close the dialog box nor create any account.

Cheers, Charlie
charlie6

Post by charlie6 »

Hi again !
Good News !!!
still using Pale Moon 25.1.0 ...on PuppyLinux Tahr-6.0 (ubuntu Trusty flavour derivated distro)
Simple Mail 2.86.6 got installed OK, and works as expected :-D !!
Could send some test emails !
HTH, Charlie
Tschain

Post by Tschain »

Hi, I'd love to use this, but it is not working and I can't find out why. I am using Firefox 16.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.5.8.

When I switch to the add-on surface and klick on the options to implement my email accounts, theres a small vertical bar appearing in the middle of the screen which supposes to be a message? I can hit Enter and the popup window for the email account configuration opens up and I am able to fill my stuff in, but at the end the OK-Button is klickable but not reacting nor taking the infos. The Cancel-Button leads to the vertical bar again which can't be closed, only back with Enter to the fill in window again.
I have to quit Firefox then, because its not reacting on anything else anymore.
OxeStone

Post by OxeStone »

Has anyone noticed since a few days ago the save icon doesn't work correctly anymore? Click on 'Save' and the subject line used as file name is not the same as the subject for the selected email. I checked the JavaScript code and the 'message' object has lost some of the methods present in previously. For example, I can no longer get the message date, because the 'date' method has vanished also. It looks like this might be a problem with Firefox and not Simple Mail. Any suggestions?
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

If you are Not using Version 2.86.7 ... Get it here > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln