[Ext] TotalQuickFilter 5.2 [2020-01-30]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
alta88

[Ext] TotalQuickFilter 5.2 [2020-01-30]

Post by alta88 »

TotalQuickFilter is now found on Bitbucket (Downloads).

Please see the link for features and usage.

Comments welcome.
Last edited by alta88 on February 16th, 2020, 5:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.
city_zen

Re: [Ext] QuickFilterToolbar 1.0 [2012-12-05]

Post by city_zen »

Great job! I've been waiting for something like this add-on ever since I migrated to Thunderbird (a year and a half ago, from Pocomail/Barca)

I've just tried you add-on and I found a couple of bugs (?) that I wanted to report:
- I saw that you talked about a "scrolling box" where the new quickfilter toolbar buttons now reside. I don't see it. All I see is the buttons (all of them) on the new toolbar
- When I try to move the quickfilter box to an existing toolbar, so I can hide the quickfilter toolbar and save space, the quickfilter box becomes much smaller, even though there is enough space for it to be somewhat wider

Screenshots (my TB is in Spanish, my native language, but the pics should be clear enough)

Before

After - unchanged

After - quickfilter box and sticky button moved to main toolbar, general search box moved to tabs toolbar

Please let me know it these are indeed bugs or the expected behavior of the add-on.

Thanks!
alta88

Post by alta88 »

thanks; if you like it you can give it a nice review ;)

the message content type sub buttons are shown only if the main button is checked.. just like the tags button (if you have any tags in messages), when checked.

the reason the space before the text search box is 'reserved' is for the message (x messages or No Result, post filter). if the space were not reserved, the text box would jump, shrink and expand, which is very no good. but you can change that with a css rule, in userChrome.css or (better) using the Stylish extension:

Code: Select all

#qfb-results-label-box {
  -moz-box-flex: 1 !important;
}
city_zen

Post by city_zen »

Thanks for you reply. You're right, a nice review is certainly due. I'll be writing one at AMO right away.

I get it now, those were certainly not bugs, then. I got rid of one of the buttons of my toolbar and now the Quickfilter box is about the right width. I'm finally able to hide the QuickFilter toolbar and reclaim some much needed vertical space! Thanks!
uku69

QuickFilterToolbar 1.0 - for seamonkey also?

Post by uku69 »

hello alta88,
the quick filter toolbar sounds good- but will it be also available for seamonkey? this time it can not be installed there... :?
I've changed from tb to seamonkey because of hevy delays at syncing - and all I missing is such a customizable quick filter to see ... [only unread] | [only marked] | [only tagged] | [all] ... mails within a folder.
Thanks a lot in advance!
uku69.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

the quick filter bar in Tb is designed for gloda and i don't believe SM ported that (which is why there aren't syncing delays, if i understand correctly). so i doubt the extension would be compatible on a basic level. perhaps there is another extension with those option as buttons, or the old built in Mail Views menulist toolbaritem would work.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

I've been using QuickFilterToolbar for quite a while. I'm looking forward to using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... ickfilter/
ronwoering

Re: [Ext] QuickFilterToolbar 1.0 and TotalQuickFilter 3.5

Post by ronwoering »

I recently switched from Outlook to Thunderbird and was looking for a add-on to enable distribution of incoming mail over various in-boxes
This does the job! Great stuff. One question: is there a way that I can backup the filters I made locally?
alta88

Post by alta88 »

The quickfilter state (checked buttons, text filter) are saved in session.json in your profile folder, along with open tabs etc.
OldMole

Post by OldMole »

Thanks for this add-on. It has lots of potential.

But right now I'm having two problems. I'm using TB 45.6.0 on an iMac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

1. The toolbar seems identical to the Quick Filter Toolbar and does not look like the ones shown in the screen shots on the TQF Add-ons page. Perhaps this is due to how I installed TQF: i.e. first I installed it, then I noticed the instruction to uninstall QFT; so I uninstalled both Add-ons, restarted TB, then reinstalled TQF. Maybe this wasn't sufficient to replace the QFT toolbar with TQF's. Whether this is the problem or not, how does one fix it?

2. TQF seems to work fine on various inboxes (I use 4 different accounts), as well as TB's combined inbox. But I tried using it on other folders, and it showed no messages meeting the criteria. For example, in a Gmail iMap account I have a subfolder called "Sent Email 2017" in which sent messages from all 4 of my accounts are stored. If I filter for a part of my own email address, the messages show up. But if I filter for a recipient, I get "no results." The Text filters for To, Recipients, and All Addresses are checked, so why is this happening? What fixes it?
alta88

Post by alta88 »

1. As noted, it's a total guess as to what the theming should be on a mac (mostly follows linux) since I don't have one. Aside from that, you could rename (with Tb closed) xulstore.json to reset any customizations. If you are very careful, you could edit it also and remove bits from the old QFT.

2. You have to make sure the buttons for the filters you want correspond to the comma delimited values in the text box. If you uncheck a button, processing of the items in the textbox is shifted to accommodate the new buttons, with each checked button getting the values between commas. If you want the value in the textbox to apply to All Addresses, you must uncheck all the other buttons, or else repeat the value for each checked button. This design allows AND or OR selection among buttons.
ntropy

Post by ntropy »

If I have a message selected, if there a keyboard combination that will throw the recipient name in the quick filter search? Using the mouse to select "Recipient" I see that the "R" is underlined as if that is the keyboard shortcut, but hitting the "r" or "R" key doesn't do anything.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

ntropy wrote:If I have a message selected, if there a keyboard combination that will throw the recipient name in the quick filter search? Using the mouse to select "Recipient" I see that the "R" is underlined as if that is the keyboard shortcut, but hitting the "r" or "R" key doesn't do anything.
No, and those accesskeys don't seem to work everywhere (firefox too). Using the quickfilter toolbarbutton menu will filter correctly, but there's a bug when doing so from the message headers From dropdown menu.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

TotalQuickFilter has moved to a new location (from mozdev.org). The latest version 4.0 for Thunderbird 60 can be found in Downloads, here:

https://bitbucket.org/alta8888/totalquickfilter/
alta88

Re: [Ext] TotalQuickFilter 4.1 [2018-08-29]

Post by alta88 »

Version 4.1 should be downloaded so future updates can be automatically checked.