[Ext] TotalQuickFilter 5.2 [2020-01-30]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sph

Re: [Ext] TotalQuickFilter 4.1 [2018-08-29]

Post by sph »

Could you please help: I am still on Thunderbird 52.9.1 (because that's what included in my distribution). Hence I am stuck at TotalQuickFilter version 3.5. (I cannot install version 4.1 from the downloaded file, because my Thunderbird tells me, it's incompatible.)

Yesterday I configured the TotalQuickFilter toolbar. Then I closed Thunderbird. The next time I started it, it did not show any of the panes. I could not even open the add-ons page. So I had to restart Thunderbird with all add-ons permanently disabled and re-enable all of them, but TotalQuickFilter. Everything worked. But as soon as I enable TotalQuickFilter, Thunderbird comes up with no panes. I also tried to de-install TotalQuickFilter and re-install again. It did not loose the settings and hence I cannot start Thunderbird.

How do I remove the settings for TotalQuickFilter to get its standard toolbar back?

Thanks for your help!
alta88

Post by alta88 »

The error console (if you can open it) will likely show the problem. But if enabling the extension crashes the pane setup without console, it's hard to know what's up. It's possible an entity id changed (used for strings) as this is known to cause a hard UI fail. But for me, on Tb52.9.1 and TQF 3.5, everything works fine. Where did you download the 3.5 version, AMO or mozdev? Perhaps it might help if you re-download from AMO and install a new xpi.
sph

Post by sph »

I installed TQF from inside TB: I searched for "TotalQuickFilter", did not get any result and selected "Show all nnn results". From there I installed the add-on. The link is https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... src=search

TQF worked well until I rearranged the items in the TQF toolbar. TB still worked after this customization, but not after a restart of TB. Hence I removed TQF with the help of the add-on manager, restarted TB and reinstalled TQF. The customized TQF toolbar remained customized and TB did not restart. That's why I wanted to get rid of all TQF settings (including the toolbar), because that was the state when it still worked.

I reinstalled TQF and restarted TB. None of the pane shows, all my tabs went missing (I can send you a screenshot if required), but I could open the error console. I filtered after "TotalQuickFolder" and got these two entries:
TypeError: aDocument.getElementById(...) is null[Learn More] messengerOverlay.js:377:3
QuickFilterManager.filterDefsByName.tags.domBindExtra chrome://totalquickfilter/content/messengerOverlay.js:377:3
QuickFilterBarMuxer._bindUI chrome://totalquickfilter/content/messengerOverlay.js:122:7
QFBM__init chrome://messenger/content/quickFilterBar.js:40:5
OnLoadMessenger chrome://messenger/content/msgMail3PaneWindow.js:473:5
onload chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul:1:1
subprocess.call/<.wait resource://enigmail/subprocess.jsm:359:11
EnigmailGpgAgent.setAgentPath resource://enigmail/gpgAgent.jsm:487:18
Enigmail.prototype.initialize resource://enigmail/core.jsm:359:5
_gotGpgEnv resource://enigmail/pEpAdapter.jsm:497:13
TypeError: folderDisplay is null[Learn More] tqf.js:562:5
TotalQuickFilter.getTabFilterValues chrome://totalquickfilter/content/tqf.js:562:5
TotalQuickFilter.initTextButtons chrome://totalquickfilter/content/tqf.js:93:24
TotalQuickFilter.init chrome://totalquickfilter/content/tqf.js:63:5
TotalQuickFilter.onLoad/< chrome://totalquickfilter/content/tqf.js:52:7
subprocess.call/<.wait resource://enigmail/subprocess.jsm:359:11
EnigmailGpgAgent.setAgentPath resource://enigmail/gpgAgent.jsm:487:18
Enigmail.prototype.initialize resource://enigmail/core.jsm:359:5
_gotGpgEnv resource://enigmail/pEpAdapter.jsm:497:13

I also downloaded the .xpi file from the link mentioned above. Same result.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

If you start Tb with TQF disabled, you can try to Customize and reset the toolbars with Restore Default Set button (all others will be reset too).

Or you can try editing xulstore.json in your profile folder to reset the quickfilter toolbar. Close Tb, backup the file, edit the original file, find the section quick-filter-bar2, and delete the line "currentSet". Unless your editor formats JSON, it will be one big seeming mess that's hard to read. Of course, you can also just delete the file; it will be restored to factory defaults on restart, meaning all window positions/sizes, panel sizing, columns widths, toolbar customizations, etc will be lost.

It's also possible another extension is interfering somehow. You could start with just TQF enabled and see what happens.
sph

Post by sph »

I disabled all but the TQF add-on. Same result - that is no panes.

Thanks for hinting me to "xulstore.json". I deleted the "currentSet" entry and everything works fine again. Thanks!

FYI, I had the following value:
"quick-filter-bar2": {"currentset":"qfb-sticky,spacer,qfb-unread,qfb-starred,qfb-attachment,separator,quick-filter-bar-terms-buttons,spacer,spring,qfb-filter-bar-textbox,quick-filter-bar-textfilter-buttons"}
sph

Post by sph »

Now that TQF is working I use it more and more and – to be honest – I don't want to miss it!!

And now comes the notorious question: Do you think it's possible to update it to TB 68? That would be great!!!
sph

Post by sph »

Sorry alta88! I completely forgot this: https://bitbucket.org/alta8888/totalqui ... /wiki/Home !!!
alta88

Re: [Ext] TotalQuickFilter 5.0 [2019-12-11]

Post by alta88 »

TotalQuickFilter 5.0 for Tb68 has been released. It will not autoupdate and should be downloaded and installed:

https://bitbucket.org/alta8888/totalquickfilter/
sisimbiva

Post by sisimbiva »

Hello,
Your addon look great, but why isn't the last version available on the official Mozilla addon website? In my organisation, it's not possible to install addons which are not officials on the Mozilla website :(
I looked for the answer but did not find it, sorry if you already explained it.
Thanks!
Sisim
jaise

Post by jaise »

I tested this add-on. But it is not working Thunderbird 68.3.

I also test in 72.0b2. It is not working.
TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null
alta88

Post by alta88 »

jaise wrote:I tested this add-on. But it is not working Thunderbird 68.3.
This is a rather useless and unhelpful comment.
I also test in 72.0b2. It is not working.
TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null
Only release versions are supported, ie 68 and, perhaps, 78 when it comes. There are too many large continuing changes currently being made between releases.
jaise

Post by jaise »

pls see the error on Thunderbird 68.3. [below file PATH changed to dots]

TypeError: domNode.removeAttribute is not a functiontqfOverlay.js:198:21
reflectFiltererState jar:file://..................................................../extensions/totalquickfilter@mozdev.org.xpi!/content/tqfOverlay.js:198
onTabSwitched chrome://messenger/content/quickFilterBar.js:495
updateCurrentTab chrome://messenger/content/tabmail.xml:1307
onxblselect chrome://messenger/content/tabmail.xml:2410
set_selectedIndex chrome://messenger/content/tabmail.xml:2193
set_selectedItem chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml:202
_selectNewTab chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml:296
onxblmousedown chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml:446
jaise

Post by jaise »

This is a rather useless and unhelpful comment.
pls see the error received.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

Thanks. I'm not sure how you could get that error, ie a non null dom node without removeAttribute(), but the next version will have a check.
jaise

Post by jaise »

Thank for developing a great add-on & support.