Menu Editor 1.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

rinscewind:
1- Does that happen without Menu Editor installed? I'll take a look.
2- It's there. Use drag and drop. I know we should still have up/down buttons, but I didn't have to put them in for 1.2
rinscewind

Re-install fixed it

Post by rinscewind »

I will prolly have to delete my profile and try a new one. The entry for dict-define-selection is there in 1.2, but just shows up as a small space in the browser's menu. I'll have to post back if it worked.

Guess I just missed the reference to the drag and drop for the entry order. Heh, happens to me.

Thanks.

*Edit* - I ended up having to do a fresh install of 1.0.4, and the problem did not come back up. I had trouble calling up the Profiles window, so just uninstalled.

The problem originally started when I logged on to find the browser toolbar's 'Updates available' icon showing, and using the browser's manual auto-update to upgrade to Menu Editor 1.2. When I restarted, the problem was as you can see in the screen shot I posted, for Dict 0.6.6.

Works fine now, tho.
Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then go ahead -- you will be a mile away, and will also have his shoes.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

That extension doesn't work for me neither with, nor without Menu Editor :/
Kitefighter

Re: Menu Editor 1.2

Post by Kitefighter »

asqueella wrote:Currently known extension conflicts:
- Greasemonkey's menu items don't work, although installed scripts are fully functional. Greasemonkey 0.2.3 version that works with ME is available at http://mozilla.doslash.org/stuff/

Is this something that will be / can be fixed on your side or would it be up to the Greasemonkey developers to fix that?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

The greasemonkey people have a fix in their CVS, we just need to wait for them to come out with a release with it.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Yeah, the only fix we could do on ME side is to write some Greasemonkey-specific code, which changes GM's code to work fine with ME.
facted

Post by facted »

Can't wait for the newer versions of GM to be compatible with MenuEditor. I can't really live without one or the other, but the newer scripts these days are only working for the newer versions of GM putting the .23 users in a real bind. Let's hope they come out with the fix relatively soon.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

You can download more recent compatible version from here: http://bugzilla.mozdev.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9047
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

That version of greasemonkey (the so called patched version) breaks the context menu in webpages, by dispalying all context entries relevant or not. Not good.
facted

Post by facted »

So that version is no good then?
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

facted wrote:
TychoQuad wrote:Not good.

Guess!
facted

Post by facted »

Kitefighter wrote:
facted wrote:
TychoQuad wrote:Not good.

Guess!

Well, it is possible that the bug that was described only happens on their system and not on everyone's. perhaps it's related to other exensions, settings, etc...
chaos986

Post by chaos986 »

I have that version of Greasemonkey disabled because of it breaking the context menu. Once that bug is fixed we should finally have a proper ME and GM marrage.
Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they? - George Carlin
n3w93n3

Post by n3w93n3 »

do you plan to implement editing of tabbar contextmenu?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Yes, it's already in CVS, will be in next testing release.