Menu Editor 1.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Danielle14

Menu Editor 1.0

Post by Danielle14 »

Where can i find ME 1.0 version to download?...which worked fine with greasemonkey...thanks in advance.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

http://mozdev.sweetooth.org/menueditor/

But 1.2 should work fine too, if you "Reset all", and never select "Tools" in ME Options afterwards.
Danielle14

Thanks for 1.0 ME

Post by Danielle14 »

Thanks asqueella for the quick reply....went back to 1.0...Everything is fine now...think i will just stay 'there' for awhile.....
manc39

Post by manc39 »

I'm seeing a conflict with Add Bookmark Here and Bookmark All installed.

These extensions add entries to the Bookmarks menu, but don't show up in the editor. When I reset the Bookmarks menu it merely adds more of the same "Add Bookmark Here" entries.

Restarting the browser after resetting the menu removes the extra entries - but they still don't show up in the editor.

<del>Does it require a new menuedit.rdf?</del>
edit: tried the above, fiddled with Add Bookmark Here's settings - can't remove the Add Bookmark Here entry in the main bookmarks menu- going to try userChrome.
edit2: <code>menuitem[label="Add Bookmark Here"] { display: none !important; }</code>
Worked.
edit3: But also removes it from places where it's supposed to be.

Menu Editor 1.2
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050614 Firefox/1.0+
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1
Worldseye

Post by Worldseye »

Hi manc39,

I was experiencing the same problem when I was using ff1.0.4, then when I started using a nightly it was fine..

Perhaps it's to do with something from an old version of the extension?.. or maybe a profile issue..

Either way, there is now no longer a problem with Menu Editor and Add Bookmark Here for me using:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050616 Firefox/1.0+

Hope this helps
Dan
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Hello asqueella,

Is there a time frame for the "Go" feature to be activated?

Thanks
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
korsch

Bookmarks Context Menu

Post by korsch »

Is there a way to use Menu Editor or another method to hide Bookmarks Context Menu options like 'Sort By Name' (which I hit by accident every so often)??

Thanks for any help.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

manc39: iirc, this is/was a problem with ABH. You can't edit Bookmarks menu if you have ABH installed.

GrailKnight: not yet, this requires some work, which isn't done yet, and I don't know when I or velcrospud will get to working on it.

korsch: not yet. You can use a userContent.css trick like the one manc39 posted above; just tweak the label text.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Thanks asqueella I will keep an eye out for it later on.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
rafman

Post by rafman »

Is there any chance that Menu Editor might be modified to allow for nesting the main FF menus? What I mean is that I would like to create one menu heading, for example File, and then put all the rest of the menus, Edit, View, Go, etc under File. Of course it would be nice if that one menu heading could be customized in terms of name and icon, but not critical.

There is a reason for all this madness. I am using Compact Menu to do exactly this right now - it is it's only purpose. But Compact Menu is incompatible with some extensions, thus I would like to find another way to do this.

Thanks for any help or info.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

I think you should try to fix this in Compact Menu instead - contact its author or search the forums - as I think there is a reason it conflicts with certain extensions. For example, both Menu Editor and Compact Menu had problems with Greasemonkey due to some strange code in GM and a bug in Mozilla. There was no way we could fix the problems on ME side. Your problems may be just like that one.
rafman

Post by rafman »

Ok - thx. I will do some searching. And if need be, I will ask the Compact Menu folks for help.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

rafman,
you may want to re-install CM - i see a few posts where people seems to be having probs with it. This may help your problem (re: about:about thread).

asqueella,

what rafman was asking you is - is it possible to implement in ME for s/he would then drop CM since s/he uses it only for that one purpose (combining menu bar menus into one) and apparently uses ME as well.
Sorry to interfere but feel sorta responsible since i directed rafman here.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

makondo, I did understand the question, and I really would like to implement the feature, but I'm unsure I will do this soon, so I didn't promise anything and instead advised to try an get it fixed in CM.

By the way, if the source of CM conflicts becomes known, please let me know.
akahige

Post by akahige »

Quite awhile ago, it was mentioned that there were coming developments to Menu Editor which would give it Compact Menu-like functionality. Might we be seeing that any time soon or has that idea been dropped?