[Ext] Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

DunbarKC wrote:Thanks a lot for the info mcm_ham, your Adblock Plus (0.5.11.3) is my favorite one.

It's time to upgrade.

DunbarKC
Canada

Cato62 wrote:Make that two of us! \:D/

theaulddubliner wrote:easily three of us !

roytam1 wrote:actually four of us ;)

phloo wrote:5 :banana:

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

On Bon Echo (Fx 2.0 Beta 1), Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4 triggers the following error to the error console every time a tab is closed:

Error: this.docShell has no properties
Source file: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml
loadbang

Post by loadbang »

Worth a note, Addblock Plus does not work at all with Cocoa enabled builds for OS X.
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

Do any other versions of Adblock work? It sounds like the content policy object Adblock hooks into got changed in same way.
arturs7

Post by arturs7 »

When trying to install AdBlock Plus 0.7.1.1 version it turns back message that it could not be installed because of possible invalid file hash or download corruption. I was downloading from addons.mozilla.org, with other extensions it's ok, but AdBlock plus won't download. What causes that? Thanks!
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

Usually it's caused just after a release because the extension hasn't propagated to all the download mirrors. But since it's been out for a while I'm not sure, you could try clearing the cache. Otherwise try these download locations:
http://adblockplus.org/en/installation
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=5405
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

The plan is to get Adblock Plus 0.5 to automatically upgrade to Wladimir's Adblock Plus 0.8 version. Are there any comments or thoughts on this? I can make a version available on extensionsmirror that won't autoupdate to his version if people request it.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

mcm_ham wrote:The plan is to get Adblock Plus 0.5 to automatically upgrade to Wladimir's Adblock Plus 0.8 version. Are there any comments or thoughts on this? I can make a version available on extensionsmirror that won't autoupdate to his version if people request it.

Thanks for the offer, but no need to do that for my benefit. I can always disable update notifications with the MR Tech Local Install extension.

BTW, is their any compelling reason for me to upgrade to Wladimir's version yet. I'm still using Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4 with Filterset.G and the ad blocking still seems to work just fine.

Thanks again for the work you've done and the help you've given me with Adblock Plus.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Alan Baxter wrote:BTW, is their any compelling reason for me to upgrade to Wladimir's version yet. I'm still using Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4 with Filterset.G and the ad blocking still seems to work just fine.

I was wondering the same thing.....
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

That is a good point and at this stage they both offer similar functionality. I guess the request was put to me by some people because there are still a number of people arriving at the adblock plus forums unaware of his version that since I've only committed myself to ensure AP0.5 works with future builds while Wladimir has plans for new distinguishing features that I might as well make those users upgrade automatically unless there is something AP0.5 has that is still missing from AP0.8. But if I do follow their suggestion I probably wait until AP0.8 is released which apparently will be soon and it will offer things like automatic filter generation although I'm not sure how well that will work or what benefit it will have over premade filtersets like filterset.g.
phloo

Post by phloo »

I didnt upgrade to the other version because I dont like the way they handle possible filters (in the sidebar)
And this version just works fine, auto-updates filters and seems to be very simple and stable.
therube

Post by therube »

Just to point out, that Blockable items on current page, does not need to open in the sidebar. It can be "detached" to open in a window.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

phloo wrote:I didnt upgrade to the other version because I dont like the way they handle possible filters (in the sidebar).

I didn't like it in the sidebar either, but fortunately that's optional. Just click on "Detach" in the upper-right corner of the Blockable Items pane. It's then displayed as a separate window. I decided to finally try out Wladimir's version, Adblock Plus 0.7.2.4. It works fine, has a great UI, is actively maintained by its developer, has well-maintained filter sets, and very active user forums.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3
Adblock Plus 0.7.2.4+.2007032103 with EasyList and EasyElement filter set subscriptions
phloo

Post by phloo »

Hey therube & Alan, thanks for the heads up. Thats good news :)
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

The next version it's default to detached (or more accurately it's placed at the bottom instead).

Dev builds changes
Changes

* List of blockable items now appears at the bottom of the window instead of being placed in the sidebar, the behavior has been made consistent throughout host applications — with exception of K-Meleon that still supports only the detached state (forum thread)