[Ext] Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

paulfox wrote:Same here with respect to page finishing, but no hanging."

I have Check DIV elements and Object Tabs OFF. Only got top bar of site. I'm assuming it's a possible false positive filter issue - I use my own set and not FiltersetG (although I use elements of it) - so I'm not quite sure.

It's doing the same thing for me in IE (top bar only and all) with NO ad blocking software for IE installed (and this is real IE, not IE Tab [though IE Tab does the same thing]), so I don't think Adblock is the culprit on this one.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Brausepaul

Post by Brausepaul »

I just installed 0.5.11.1 (international version) manually since the install link at the homepage said that it wasn't a valid install package. The installation was successfull, but now the extension manager show an entry for

a) Adblock Plus 0.5.11.1

and

b) abblock_plus_0.5.11.1.xpi

Any ideas how to get rid of the last entry?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Brausepaul wrote:I just installed 0.5.11.1 (international version) manually since the install link at the homepage said that it wasn't a valid install package. The installation was successfull, but now the extension manager show an entry for

a) Adblock Plus 0.5.11.1

and

b) abblock_plus_0.5.11.1.xpi

Any ideas how to get rid of the last entry?

Last time I had that happen, I got rid of it by reinstalling the extension that was doing it. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Other methods are much more complicated.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Ulobor

Post by Ulobor »

mcm_ham wrote:
Ulobor wrote:The "minor UI issue" turns out to be the cause of the problem. I've replaced those contents.rdf entries "classic" with "classic/1.0" in the adblock-plus-0.5.11.xpi package and it is working again with SeaMonkey.

If you try it on a new profile you will see that it works. My suggestion is uninstalling the old version and installing again, should remove old entries that could be causing problems. It's possible if you've installed another extension before Adblock Plus which used "classic/1.0" then that could cause problems

No, that doesn't help. I have installed Adblock Plus globally on top of a fresh clean SeaMonkey installation, and it was the only extension installed.

Besides, I never managed to install Adblock Plus into a Mozilla Suite or SeaMonkey profile. It always has to be installed into the application directory. I think that is due to bug 45701. Unlike Firefox, Mozilla/SeaMonkey is unable to use additional XPCOM components located in a profile directory.

And the "classic/1.0" thing... all the contents.rdf files included in the original Mozilla Suite or SeaMonkey .jar files are using this term "classic/1.0", and so did Adblock Plus up to version 0.5.9. It changed to "classic" somewhere between 0.5.9 and 0.5.11, but obviously "classic/1.0" is the right way for SeaMonkey.
Wolfey

Post by Wolfey »

Recently while using Adblock Plus, I have noticed something new showing up in the Error Console. I have "javascript.options.showInConsole" set to "true" for this to show up, and I have noticed that it had shown up since the upgrade to Adblock Plus 0.5.11 (it also appears to be present in 0.5.11.1):

Error: browsers[j] has no properties
Source file: chrome://adblock/content/component.js
Line: 938

if(browsers[j].contentWindow == wnd.top)

The number of times it appears varies - sometimes it will just be a few times, and sometimes it will be a lot (in some cases, 100+ occurrences). I should also note that it doesn't appear all at once, but in groups (the number here also varies, but seems to always be even).

It doesn't appear to be causing any problems, other than cluttering up the Error Console with that message.

Just letting you know of this.
Firefox (most recent stable version) - Windows 2K Pro SP4 / XP Pro SP2
Where is this red diamond/dot coming from? (Bug 272534)
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Yeap, i get that one too, 5.11.1.
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

My Adblock plus 0.5.11 was english version, and now i did use Extension Update feature and now 0.5.11.1 is International version.
Is this normal, btw my general.useragent.locale is now fi,
if that is reason.

So i did then uninstall it and installed 0.5.11.1 english version.
No big deal.
supergirl260

Post by supergirl260 »

http://environmentalchemistry.com/ anybody know how too block ads there withiout redirect
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

supergirl260 wrote:http://environmentalchemistry.com/ anybody know how too block ads there withiout redirect

I don't think that can be done by Adblock. The owner of that site gives some hints on how to do that in this discussion.

EDIT: Removed my comments about the ethics of doing this. That's discussed at length in the thread I linked and probably better suited to AfterDark if we ever want to discuss that aspect of it in a MozillaZine forum.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
Adblock Plus 0.5.11.1
KLB

Post by KLB »

supergirl260 wrote:http://environmentalchemistry.com/ anybody know how too block ads there withiout redirect

Its very simple, buy an ad-free subscription. Using any other method represents a theft of service. Like most things in life EnvironmentalChemistry.com is not free. The only thing is, users get to choose what method of compensation they are going to use (allow ads or pay a subscription fee).
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

Without Adblock or Adblock disabled...
Block any EnvironmentalChemistry -image with Firefox or turn "load images" off thru Firefox, or turn JavaScript off with Firefox or with NoScript -extension and you see that there is no way you can block ads there.
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

why are all the links dead. Install like says error can't download. The download links time out. The home page times out. The forum doesn't timeout but all the download links I seen do. grrrr
Ulobor

Re: Does not work with SeaMonkey

Post by Ulobor »

Ulobor wrote:Adblock-plus-0.5.11 does not work any more with SeaMonkey

0.5.11.1 fixed the SeaMonkey issue. Thanks, mcm_ham!
VinDSL
Location: Location: Arizona (USA) Site Admin: Disipal Site Site Admin: Nuke Cops Site Admin: Lenon.com

Post by VinDSL »

Sorry, but I don't have time to read 56 pages of messages... ;)

I just did a fresh install of:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915

...and:

Adblock Plus 0.5.11.1

When I setup Adblock Plus to 'whitelist' my site, the only way I could make it work was by putting it in (both) the 'preferences' and 'whitelisting' sections. I don't remember having to do this before...

Anybody know if this is 'normal'?
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

VinDSL wrote:Anybody know if this is 'normal'?

No, one or the other should do the trick, depending on exactly what you're trying to do. If you want to whitelist everything that appears on your site's web pages, then the Site Blocking/Whitelisting list is sufficient. Is that what you're trying to do?
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
Adblock Plus 0.5.11.1