[Ext] Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

Your first request might be possible modelling the overlay flash code that already exists for placing the blocked notification. And checking the Collapse Blocked Elements code to keep track of the collapsed elements to be able to undo it on the fly is possible. But that would involve a bit work so is only something I may look into in the future if I have time. If you wanted to know the layout then you could disable Collapse Blocked Elements in which case the layout is preserved.

As for you second request which was posted before I have given it some thought. Having seperate lists would be easy enough but complicates things with file IO. It would be really confusing having two sets of commands to import/export or synchronize for your blacklist filters and your whitelist filters. Ideally someway of doing an update would be better but I'm not too sure how to go about doing that.
Last edited by mcm_ham on June 4th, 2005, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

It's not so much about page layout, rather than simply not having to use the damn flash tags, and knowing when there is one that's been blocked so i can enable it and view it. There's currently no way of doing a flash whitelist with any other extension, all adblock needs is some sort of notifier where flash animations were which can be enabled again simply.

I was thinking an icon about 16x16 with elements colapsed around it. I think this would be good for all ads, not just flash. Perhaps the icon could have the filetype extension on it?
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

There is the overlay flash available from "Tools->Adblock" if you don't want to use flash tags. What you're asking for then is another way of knowing what ads or flash have been blocked instead of the blockable items panel. I know the official Adblock developers were planning a complete rewrite addressing usability issues like that. I think I will let them release Adblock 0.6 before I even consider introducing changes like that.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

awwww...

I think your missing the point, I want to block flash, know they were there AND where exactly they were so they can be unblocked. Same with all ads, I would like to see the page layout minus ads, and still know just how much better browsing is with little .swf .gif and .jpg images marking the improvements

Oh well, I guess I'll go wait for 0.6 then.

*TychoQuad enters a cryostasis chamber and sets the dial for Adblock 0.6
Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph »

AdBlock is collapsing elements even when i tell it NOT to do that.
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

Indeed you're right. It's now been fixed.
Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph »

mcm_ham wrote:Indeed you're right. It's now been fixed.

thanks!
n3w93n3

Post by n3w93n3 »

annoying bug:

adding iframe filter crashes deerpark and other 1.0+ builds.

sorry if it is already mentioned here but searching the word "iframe" didn't result anything on these 6 pages.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

There's been a Firefox bug filed for this issue for a while now. It's found on Peter's daily build posts.
#274425[Core]-Crash adding url found in iframe to adblock[Win]
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Well done mcm_ham and coders, http://environmentalchemistry.com/ when site whitelisted no longer coughs at adblock running :).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
El_Matzo

Post by El_Matzo »

mcm_ham wrote:As an experiment any DIV sections named intelliTxt are now skipped so the dev builds will no longer have problems on those sites with DIV checking enabled. Please report any other sites that have trouble with G's filterset.

I can give you some URLs that still don't work with the latest version of filterset G (2005-06-05a.txt) and with Adblock Plus 0.5.7 (latest version from extensionsmirror.nl).
For example there is a German page called computerbase.de. You can't read any news there with Adblock Plus enabled though it worked with normal Adblock. This page uses Intellitxt. Check out http://www.computerbase.de/news/softwar ... irefox_11/ for example.
The first time you load the page you can see the text for a splitsecond but then it disappears. It's a false positive but what's really wondering me is: I thought Adblock prevents even loading the ads. So this gets recognized as an ad but still gets downloaded. But it probably has something to do that it is text and no picture, I guess.
Anyway, it seems like the perfect solution for this hasn't been found yet and now I can't even disable to switch this DIV-stuff off in about:config. :/
But thanks for continuing the development of Adblock. It really is a great program. :)
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

That quoted workaround is only in the developer builds linked on the first post of this thread for the moment. Including the preference to disable DIV checking in about:config. These were changes after Adblock 0.5.7 was released. DIV blocking is currently happening after the content has downloaded unlike the rest of the ads which is checked before being downloaded. I am looking at porting the DIV checking code so that it will match.
Soothsayer

AdBlock v0.5.7 does not appear to work on intellitxt pages

Post by Soothsayer »

The Anandtech site is another one that does not work properly using the latest version of AdBlock - see this link as an example where the news information is not showing.

This page works fine with v 0.5.6, or if I remove the "/intelli(-direct\.com|srv\.(js|net)|txt)/" filter (the site uses intellitxt)
mcm_ham

Post by mcm_ham »

Adblock Plus and Filterset G does not work with intellitxt on pages (articles missing)!!

Solution - Install
Filterset.G-Whitelist-Beta

Or replace
/intelli(-direct\.com|srv\.(js|net)|txt)/
with
/intelli(-direct\.com|srv\.(js|net)|txt)[^)]/

The cause is from the new DIV blocking feature that's been added. I'm thinking of providing a GUI option to enable or disable this, but for the mean time you can access it by typing about:config into the location bar and looking for the preference called adblock.divcheck.
Last edited by mcm_ham on August 3rd, 2005, 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
El_Matzo

Post by El_Matzo »

Now it's clear and the issues I posted with the site (and other sites I haven't posted [all using IntelliTXT]) have disappeared.
Thank you for this great product! I'm on the hunt for other issues now just to freak you out. :D ;) (even though I guess I'll hardly find any.) :)