[Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.10)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.2.2)

Post by Peuj »

justsayin wrote:Sorry for my bad info it is not "Do you want to restore this tab" it is "Gah, Your tab is crashed". You can achieve it by killing one of the multiple firefox processes. But when you crash it deliberately they wont close.

https://i.imgur.com/nOu2bDz.png
I cannot reproduce the problem... I can create tabs "Gah, Your tab is crashed" but there are not closed by the add-on.

Can you give me the options set? and the Firefox version?
justsayin wrote:Hello, I found another unwanted behaviour. When searching few things on multiple tabs at searx.me tabs auto close as search engine doesn't change link.

Further explaination;
Link: searx.me
Link after search: searx.me (keeps unchanged, only page content changes)
Thanks for the report, I need to provide the whitelist feature for this kind of issue.

ArcticBlue wrote:
justsayin wrote:Hello there, I have not read the whole thread as I don't have time and in a hurry. If this issue reported before you can just delete/ignore it.

I would like to report kinda bug (more like unwanted behaviour).

This will happen only if you have auto-close duplicate enabled.

Problem is when multiple/all tabs crashes auto-close will close all "Do you want to restore this tab" pages and leave you with no option to restore tabs (unless you CTRL+SHIFT+T). Your extension is awesome and saves me a lot of time thanks a lot!
yeah i found this too
when you use tab restore option (tab mix plus option) to auto restore when browser crash
with auto-close duplicate enabled when open browser after crashed
this will automatic close all tab and cant restore all tab
must disable this add-on and restore last crash tab then enable this add-on again
hope you fix this
thanks
I'm not sure it's the same kind of problem, anyway I'll make some test to understand the cause.

Thanks
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

I've found the problem about the crashed tabs (and probably with the restore session).
I'll push a new version as soon as possible.

Thanks
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 2.2.5 released:

* Fix issue with "crashed" tabs

Thanks
gavekado

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.2.5)

Post by gavekado »

del
Last edited by gavekado on March 4th, 2017, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gavekado

Post by gavekado »

Hello!

On your response to my review.

Remembering the state of "Options" seems to be a good idea. I guess that the "Options" themselves could be renamed to "Filters", but it is not really important.
What about moving the "Remove" button above the "Options"?

Thank you for this great extension anyway.
XMan77

Post by XMan77 »

It would be nice if I could define a custom string by regular expression that is ignored during comparison of tabs. This would give users much more power than your current "Filters" options.
Tactical

Post by Tactical »

Thank you for this extension.

Is there a way to prevent pinned tabs from being closed please? I find that sometimes I end up with duplicate tabs, one of which is a pinned tab, which I want to retain but because the pinned tab is older it gets closed.
hackie

Post by hackie »

I'm getting the following console message about 20 times per second in version 2.2.5:

Code: Select all

console.error: duplicate-tabs-closer: 
  Stack:
    getBrowserForTab@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/tabs/utils.js:199:1
getTabURL@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/tabs/utils.js:278:17
get url@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/tabs/tab-firefox.js:90:44
get@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/tabsManager.js:161:5
onTabOpened/id<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/tabsObserver.js:89:1
notify@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:40:9
strangeh

Post by strangeh »

Can we get a white-list, please?

Sometimes need to have few new (empty) tabs opened, to visually separate groups of tabs, but its impossible...
Or when i have really many tabs opened and want to open new tab it wont open cuz i have allready it opened somwhere at the beginning of the list,
and then i must to scroll through the list of all the tabs at the beginning, look for the old "new tab" and close it manually so then i can open a new one at the end of the list... A little uncomfortable...

"White-list" function or "Ignore empty tabs" option would be useful and convenient,.. or at least it would not prevent anyone =).
sabret00the

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.2.0)

Post by sabret00the »

Peuj wrote: About WebExtension version:
The WebExtension version is mostly done but I cannot release it yet because:
* I don't know yet how to support "Tag Group" extensions
* For the moment there is no way to show the popup panel programmatically (=> Show panel on duplicate tab detected)
Could I recommend perhaps rather than opening the panel by default, perhaps just showing a badge on the icon to indicate how many duplicate tabs have been found?
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Just for information, I will publish the webextension version this week.

Thanks
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Peuj wrote:Hi,

Just for information, I will publish the webextension version this week.

Thanks
I'm so excited.
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

The WebExtension version has now been released. I've literally been refreshing constantly for a couple of days. I'm overjoyed. Thank you so much Peuj.

EDIT: It's not working on Android though.
TitanNano

Post by TitanNano »

Two things:

1. can you add a scope for Tab containers? I don't want the addon to close tabs from a different container.

2. did you consider putting the source on something like GitHub? I would be happy to contribute and I think bug tracking would be more structured.
JOJ0

Post by JOJ0 »

At least the update worked as expected. As soon at it was updated in Fx 55.*, Nightly released the legacy for update and updated on top with the WE version.
Thank you.