[Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.10)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.5)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 3.1.5 released:

* Fix: Some settings were not active
stevek123

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.2)

Post by stevek123 »

Peuj wrote:** Update for Chrome **

I didn't publish the Chrome version yet, I need to "digest" this first... ](*,)
Before you publish your first item, you must pay a one-time US$5.00 developer registration fee. We charge this fee in order to verify developer accounts and better protect users against fraudulent activity.

Once you have paid the registration fee you can publish up to 20 items.
We use Google Payments to process the US$5.00 payment. We'll ask you to provide your billing information if you haven't used Google Payments before.
If it's an issue for you, and if you send me a PayPal address in PM, I'm wiling to pay it for you.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.2)

Post by Peuj »

stevek123 wrote: If it's an issue for you, and if you send me a PayPal address in PM, I'm wiling to pay it for you.
Thanks for the proposal but it's ok, it was just to share my frustration as I didn't know this rule.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

The Chrome verison is available here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bnimcmcjle
stevek123

Post by stevek123 »

Peuj wrote:The Chrome verison is available here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bnimcmcjle
Thank you!
J J L

Post by J J L »

PTSD & Custom Counter Color!
PTSD can trigger with the color Red: triggers memories of a traumatic bloody(Red) event —Please make an option to customize counter color. I'm not the only one for whom the color red can trigger. I have to keep your extension's icon hidden in FF Quantum's "More Tools" dropdown, which isn't very convenient. Reliving traumatic events is even much less 'convenient' —Thank You in advance for your Help=)
tastyratz

Post by tastyratz »

I wanted to make a Suggestion for this well needed fantastic addon: site/keyword whitelist that ignores duplicates.
I use this addon in combination with auto tab discard.

I have a site which when you are inactive for a period of time, it redirects you back to the login page. It does it internal to the page however so you lose what you had open and are unable to click back to get to the content you had. I might have 10 or 15 tabs open to this site and the titlebar is always the same, the url.
If I turn on automatic close then go to the main page to login firefox will open each and every tab I have, redirect to the main page (making it a duplicate) and systematically close all tabs I had open - even though none were duplicates.

Also,
Sometimes I am purposefully opening 2 tabs on certain local content with servers on my own subdomain.

I would like to be able to ignore specific sites/keywords to prevent this. As it is now, I do not have it set to close duplicates for this reason.

Thanks for your hard work, it's appreciated!
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

J J L wrote:PTSD & Custom Counter Color!
PTSD can trigger with the color Red: triggers memories of a traumatic bloody(Red) event —Please make an option to customize counter color. I'm not the only one for whom the color red can trigger. I have to keep your extension's icon hidden in FF Quantum's "More Tools" dropdown, which isn't very convenient. Reliving traumatic events is even much less 'convenient' —Thank You in advance for your Help=)
Hi,

There is a new option to be able to change the color of the badge button.
Thanks for the report.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

tastyratz wrote:I wanted to make a Suggestion for this well needed fantastic addon: site/keyword whitelist that ignores duplicates.
I use this addon in combination with auto tab discard.

I have a site which when you are inactive for a period of time, it redirects you back to the login page. It does it internal to the page however so you lose what you had open and are unable to click back to get to the content you had. I might have 10 or 15 tabs open to this site and the titlebar is always the same, the url.
If I turn on automatic close then go to the main page to login firefox will open each and every tab I have, redirect to the main page (making it a duplicate) and systematically close all tabs I had open - even though none were duplicates.

Also,
Sometimes I am purposefully opening 2 tabs on certain local content with servers on my own subdomain.

I would like to be able to ignore specific sites/keywords to prevent this. As it is now, I do not have it set to close duplicates for this reason.

Thanks for your hard work, it's appreciated!
I'm working on the whitelist feature, I'll take into account your use case.
Thanks for suggestions.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.6)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 3.1.6 released:

* Fix: Options were not saved in some situations
* Fix: Filter "ignore hash part" didn't work with "ignore search part" enabled
* Fix: The new tab and the existing tab were both closed in some situations

* New: Add an option to change the badge background color

* Some code optimizations
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.7)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 3.1.7 released:

* Fix: Badge not updated in some situations
* Fix: Container tabs ignored
* New: Add zh_CN locale (thanks yfdyh000)
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.8)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 3.1.8 released:

* Fix: Badge not set on some loads
* Fix: Typo and not localized string
* New: Add fr locale
kltpzyxmrm

Post by kltpzyxmrm »

Firefox 63.010b, Windows 10 pro

There is no scroll ability in the drop down menu to display the "close all duplicate tabs" button. After I open the toolbar button drop down menu, I must then click on the "options" button, which shrinks the menu and brings the "close all duplicate tabs" button into view.

Furthermore, If there are more than 9 duplicates, clicking on the options button does not help. I have to go to the Duplicate Tabs closer options in the addon manager to delete duplicates.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

kltpzyxmrm wrote:Firefox 63.010b, Windows 10 pro

There is no scroll ability in the drop down menu to display the "close all duplicate tabs" button. After I open the toolbar button drop down menu, I must then click on the "options" button, which shrinks the menu and brings the "close all duplicate tabs" button into view.

Furthermore, If there are more than 9 duplicates, clicking on the options button does not help. I have to go to the Duplicate Tabs closer options in the addon manager to delete duplicates.
Hi,

Thanks for the report. Sadly I cannot reproduce the problem on the 63.013b.
Can you give me a usecase that I can use to reproduce the problem? (with your settings).

Thanks
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.9)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 3.1.9 released:

* New: 'Keep and reload older tab' option
* Fix: runtime.sendMessage issue
* Fix: settings synchro between popup and tab option
* Use setBadgeText and setBadgeBackgroundColor windowId (starting Firefox 62)
* Force setBadgeTextColor to white (starting Firefox 63)
* Optimize search duplicate tabs