[Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.10)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
bkonia

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.0.1)

Post by bkonia »

Peuj wrote: You want this feature to work in the automatic close mode?
Yes, I'd like it in automatic close mode. I understand you have other priorities though.
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Peuj wrote:
sabret00the wrote:Hello Peuj, any chance you could make this available for mobile too? Duplicate tabs is a huge problem for me on Android.
Yes I will work on it after the next release but it can take some times as the tab behavior is different and the UI will have to be different also.
Thank you, you're awesome.
Mr6686

Post by Mr6686 »

I got this error:
Error: regexp too big
Trace de la pile :
searchDuplicateTabs/openedTabMatch<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/duplicateTabManager.js:92:10
searchDuplicateTabs@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/duplicateTabManager.js:87:28
getDuplicateTabs@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/duplicateTabManager.js:63:36
PanelManager<._updatePanel@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:106:3
initialize/this.button<.onChange@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:27:6
emitOnObject@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:112:9
emit@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:89:38
@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/ui/button/toggle.js:122:3
emitOnObject@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:112:9
emit@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:89:38
receive@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:115:5
transform/next@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:36:24
filter/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:53:7
transform/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:43:29
receive@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:115:5
transform/next@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:36:24
filter/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:53:7
transform/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/utils.js:43:29
create/<.onBuild/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/ui/button/view.js:155:1
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Thanks for the report, can you send me the url (by PM if you prefer) so I can make some tests to fix the problem ?
Mr6686

Post by Mr6686 »

Seeing that the error appeared in a session of ~500 tabs, it takes me some time to find out that it was a google translate tab with a long text that triggers the error. The board doesn't allow me to write the complete url.
Mr6686

Post by Mr6686 »

I got this error with Firefox 45.0:
TypeError: domWindow(...).TabView is undefined
Trace de la pile :
extendWindow/<.openedTabs.get@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/windowsManager.js:28:52
searchDuplicateTabs@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/duplicateTabManager.js:75:8
getDuplicateTabs@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/duplicateTabManager.js:63:36
PanelManager<._updatePanel@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:106:3
PanelManager<._refresh@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:112:5
initialize/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:53:24
EventListener<.signal/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/eventListener.js:19:22
setImmediate/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:79:27
dispatcher@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:70:13
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Mr6686 wrote:I got this error with Firefox 45.0:
TypeError: domWindow(...).TabView is undefined
Trace de la pile :
extendWindow/<.openedTabs.get@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/windowsManager.js:28:52
searchDuplicateTabs@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/duplicateTabManager.js:75:8
PanelManager<._refresh@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:112:5
initialize/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:53:24
EventListener<.signal/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/eventListener.js:19:22
setImmediate/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:79:27
dispatcher@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:70:13
Yes I know it's because of electrolysis aka multi-process... I'm finishing the fix for your issue and I push a new version.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.1.0)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 2.1.1 released:

* Fix issue with too long URL
* Fix issue with Tab Group
* Add close button to close tab directly from panel
* Add new filter option: Ignore path part in url
* e10s (electrolysis aka multi-process) is fully supported
ker2k3

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.1.1)

Post by ker2k3 »

Tried version 2.1.2 released today (Mar 29), is still causing Firefox to freeze at start-up. I am on Firefox 38.7.1 ESR, have 170 tabs in my session, configured to only load tabs when I click on them so all the tabs (except the current one) are in an unloaded state at start-up.
Once again reverting to version 2.0.1, which I've had to do several times since the versions after 2.0.1 have resulted in freezes so far ...
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

ker2k3 wrote:Tried version 2.1.2 released today (Mar 29), is still causing Firefox to freeze at start-up. I am on Firefox 38.7.1 ESR, have 170 tabs in my session, configured to only load tabs when I click on them so all the tabs (except the current one) are in an unloaded state at start-up.
Once again reverting to version 2.0.1, which I've had to do several times since the versions after 2.0.1 have resulted in freezes so far ...
Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue on my different profiles and Firefox versions so it's really difficult to understand and fix the problem.

Can you give me:

* The Firefox version
* the addons used
* A detailed use case so I can try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
ker2k3

Post by ker2k3 »

Peuj wrote:
ker2k3 wrote:Tried version 2.1.2 released today (Mar 29), is still causing Firefox to freeze at start-up. I am on Firefox 38.7.1 ESR, have 170 tabs in my session, configured to only load tabs when I click on them so all the tabs (except the current one) are in an unloaded state at start-up.
Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue on my different profiles and Firefox versions so it's really difficult to understand and fix the problem.

Can you give me:

* The Firefox version
* the addons used
* A detailed use case so I can try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
Now on Firefox 45.0.1 32-bit. Issue still persists with v2.1.2, I have all option boxes unchecked/disabled (Ignore hash part, ignore search part, ignore tabs in other groups, ignore path part).
All plugins are set to 'Ask to activate', and my addons are:
Adblock Plus 2.7.2
Advanced Tab Navigation 1.1.2
All Tabs Helper 0.2.26
Auto Unload Tab 0.8.9.8
BetterPrivacy 1.69
BitTorrent WebUI+ 0.2.3.0.1
Classic Theme Restorer 1.4.9
Duplicate Tabs Closer 2.0.1 (due issue pending with 2.1.2)
FlashGot 1.5.6.13
Ghostery 5.4.10
NoScript 2.9.0.10
Places Maintenance 2.0.1
RAMBack 1.0.1
Saved Password Editor 2.9.6
ScrapBook 1.5.13.1
Session Manager 0.8.1.12
Tab Groups 1.0.2
Tab Groups Helper 1.0.23
Tab Mix Plus 0.4.2.2
Video DownloadHelper 5.5.0a19
YouTube Flash Video Player 45.1
ChrisAustinFSU

Post by ChrisAustinFSU »

I just installed the Duplicate Tabs Closer today and was excited to see in the description that it offers a filter to "Ignore path part in URL". However, I only see 3 filters, not 4, and sadly this is not one of them. I think it's because I'm on version 2.0.1. I can't see a way to install a later version. When attempting to update, it reports that no updates are available. Did you revert to a prior version? Is the newer version available and working properly?
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

ChrisAustinFSU wrote:I just installed the Duplicate Tabs Closer today and was excited to see in the description that it offers a filter to "Ignore path part in URL". However, I only see 3 filters, not 4, and sadly this is not one of them. I think it's because I'm on version 2.0.1. I can't see a way to install a later version. When attempting to update, it reports that no updates are available. Did you revert to a prior version? Is the newer version available and working properly?
Hi,

I've removed the version 2.1.1 (which has the "Ignore path part in URL" filter") because there is a problem with it. But the good news is that I've found the cause so I should push a new version very soon.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

ker2k3 wrote: Now on Firefox 45.0.1 32-bit. Issue still persists with v2.1.2, I have all option boxes unchecked/disabled (Ignore hash part, ignore search part, ignore tabs in other groups, ignore path part).
Thanks for the information, I'm working on fix now.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.1.3)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 2.1.3 released:

Contains all the fix and new features from 2.1.1 less the bug introduced with this version:

* Fix issue with too long URL
* Fix issue with Tab Group
* Add close button to close tab directly from panel
* Add new filter option: Ignore path part in url
* e10s (electrolysis aka multi-process) is fully supported