[Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (3.1.10)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TitanNano

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.2.0)

Post by TitanNano »

Would it be possible for you to add the possibility to set certain settings only for a specific URL?

Something like:

https://example.org/xyz/*
  • - ignore search part: on
Orangutan100

Post by Orangutan100 »

Hello,

I had made this report over at AMO. I am replying to you here so it is easier to follow.

I have 2 links that say `Object` in the original Browser Console screenshot that I had provided here . Clicking either of them shows the same stack. Here is what the right panel looks like.

The `stack` part says:

Code: Select all

"toJSON@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/keyboard/utils.js:147:13Hotkey@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/hotkeys.js:22:16Hotkey@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/hotkeys.js:19:12setHotKey@resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:159:29@resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/lib/panelManager.js:172:1exports.main@resource://jid0-rvyt2rgwfm8q5ywxixahyaeo5qg-at-jetpack/index.js:5:2run@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js:153:7startup/</<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js:87:9Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:937:23this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:816:7Promise*this.PromiseWalker.scheduleWalkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:747:11this.PromiseWalker.schedulePromise@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:779:7this.PromiseWalker.completePromise@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:714:7handler@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/window.js:56:3EventListener.handleEvent*@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/window.js:54:1startup/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js:72:21Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:937:23this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:816:7Promise*this.PromiseWalker.scheduleWalkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:747:11this.PromiseWalker.schedulePromise@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:779:7this.PromiseWalker.completePromise@resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:714:7readURI/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/net/url.js:50:9NetUtil_asyncFetch/<.onStopRequest@resource://gre/modules/NetUtil.jsm:128:17"
Thank you for looking into this.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

TitanNano wrote:Would it be possible for you to add the possibility to set certain settings only for a specific URL?

Something like:

https://example.org/xyz/*
  • - ignore search part: on
Yes, I've planned to provide something like that, but it takes time especially for UI because I don't know yet how to present it. :)
Last edited by Peuj on December 28th, 2016, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Orangutan100 wrote:Hello,

I had made this report over at AMO. I am replying to you here so it is easier to follow.
Thank you for looking into this.
Thanks for the report!

The problem happens during the HotKey initialization.
The only reason I see for this error, is that the configurable key (default "w") is not set or wrongly set.
Can you check its value in the Duplicate Tabs closer options and let me know what is set?
On which OS are you?

Note: In the meantime, I'll push a new version which will not break if there is an issue with the HotKey.

Thanks
Orangutan100

Post by Orangutan100 »

Peuj wrote:The problem happens during the HotKey initialization.
The only reason I see for this error, is that the configurable key (default "w") is not set or wrongly set.
Can you check its value in the Duplicate Tabs closer options and let me know what is set?
This seems to be the reason, as I had deleted the 'w' on the options page (so that now, the box next to 'Hotkey to close duplicate tabs: Ctrl + Alt +' is empty) thinking that this would effectively remove any hotkeys because I didn't need them.

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit.

Edit: I just set the hotkey to something, restarted the browser and the add-on is working as expecting. Thank you!
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Orangutan100 wrote:
Peuj wrote:The problem happens during the HotKey initialization.
This seems to be the reason, as I had deleted the 'w' on the options page (so that now, the box next to 'Hotkey to close duplicate tabs: Ctrl + Alt +' is empty) thinking that this would effectively remove any hotkeys because I didn't need them.

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit.

Edit: I just set the hotkey to something, restarted the browser and the add-on is working as expecting. Thank you!
OK thanks! In the next version I will ensure that the hotkey is always set.
Orangutan100

Post by Orangutan100 »

Peuj wrote:In the next version I will ensure that the hotkey is always set.
Please consider cleanly disabling the hotkey if it is set to nothing - that seems more intuitive and this is how you unset hotkeys in other extensions like Tab Mix Plus etc. Maybe replace the hotkey field on the options page by 'None' if it is blank, or maybe, have a dropdown to pick a key from to set the hotkey, and one of the items on this dropdown's list could be 'None' - this is how the Tab Groups extension does it.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Orangutan100 wrote: Please consider cleanly disabling the hotkey if it is set to nothing...
Yes you're right, this is what I will do.
Peuj

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tabs Closer (2.2.2)

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Version 2.2.2 released:

* Fix issue when the hotkey is not set
* New: added a new priority option "Keep tab with https"

Next:
* Add filter option to compare tabs in all windows
* Whitelist
justsayin

Post by justsayin »

Hello there, I have not read the whole thread as I don't have time and in a hurry. If this issue reported before you can just delete/ignore it.

I would like to report kinda bug (more like unwanted behaviour).

This will happen only if you have auto-close duplicate enabled.

Problem is when multiple/all tabs crashes auto-close will close all "Do you want to restore this tab" pages and leave you with no option to restore tabs (unless you CTRL+SHIFT+T). Your extension is awesome and saves me a lot of time thanks a lot!
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

justsayin wrote:Hello there, I have not read the whole thread as I don't have time and in a hurry. If this issue reported before you can just delete/ignore it.

Problem is when multiple/all tabs crashes auto-close will close all "Do you want to restore this tab" pages and leave you with no option to restore tabs (unless you CTRL+SHIFT+T). Your extension is awesome and saves me a lot of time thanks a lot!
Hi,

Thanks for the report.

I'm not sure to understand the problem, how do you get the "Do you want to restore this tab"? Can you show me a screenshot?

Thanks
justsayin

Post by justsayin »

Sorry for my bad info it is not "Do you want to restore this tab" it is "Gah, Your tab is crashed". You can achieve it by killing one of the multiple firefox processes. But when you crash it deliberately they wont close.

https://i.imgur.com/nOu2bDz.png
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

justsayin wrote:Sorry for my bad info it is not "Do you want to restore this tab" it is "Gah, Your tab is crashed". You can achieve it by killing one of the multiple firefox processes. But when you crash it deliberately they wont close.

https://i.imgur.com/nOu2bDz.png
OK thanks. I can reproduce/understand the problem, I'll work on it.
justsayin

Post by justsayin »

Hello, I found another unwanted behaviour. When searching few things on multiple tabs at searx.me tabs auto close as search engine doesn't change link.

Further explaination;
Link: searx.me
Link after search: searx.me (keeps unchanged, only page content changes)
ArcticBlue

Post by ArcticBlue »

justsayin wrote:Hello there, I have not read the whole thread as I don't have time and in a hurry. If this issue reported before you can just delete/ignore it.

yeah i found this too
when you use tab restore option (tab mix plus option) to auto restore when browser crash
with auto-close duplicate enabled when open browser after crashed
this will automatic close all tab and cant restore all tab
must disable this add-on and restore last crash tab then enable this add-on again
hope you fix this
thanks