[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Lapine

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Lapine »

Is there a description of what the options do ?
They are quite obscure, even more for the persons learning english.

I want to make extended status bar appear again in the addon bar, but I cannot find it when I go on the customize panel....
LiSrt

Post by LiSrt »

Once the tab bar has been moved to the bottom, is there a way to reduce its height, to match what it was before?
giovannibgr

CTR tab scrolling with multi-row

Post by giovannibgr »

Tried using CTR with Tabmix Plus and Session Manager. I've set TMP to multi-row (2 rows).

1. My first issue is that if I restore a previous firefox session using Session Manager, using the scroll wheel on the tabbar gets broken - it will not scroll up by any means, it can only scroll down (if I select one of the top tabs with Ctrl+2 for example).

I thought it was due to restoring a session that I had saved prior to installing CTR, so I started Firefox with blank session, opened some 20 tabs, the scrolling worked just fine (up and down). Then, when I closed FF and tried to restore the newly created session, the same scrolling was broken again.

It may be a TMP issue actually, but I tried the same scenarios with CTR disabled (as is now) and the problem persists.

2. With the same 2-row setup of TMP, I noticed that the pinned tab where I have opened GMail is disappearing up when scrolling down the rows (regardless of the abovementioned issue - this happens even when the scrolling works correctly). Again, this is not the case when CTR is disabled.

Thank you in advance!
Gio
psxlover

Post by psxlover »

When using tabs on bottom, double clicking on the tab bar acts as if you are clicking on the title bar instead of the old behavior of opening a new tab.
Also is there a way to remove the small blank space on the left of the tabs?
Finally could you make it so that when using tabs on bottom the navigation bar is in the title bar? There was an addon did that on the previous versions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/?src=api

Tnx for the addon, firefox is getting worse with each update, copying chrome and removing features like keyworld.URL :(
Areed

Post by Areed »

If possible, please add options or ability to change the new tab button. I'm currently using the Australis theme (I installed this addon for its other features, I quite like the new tab look) however the new tab button is very obscure, and I find myself pressing ctrl+t in frustration after a couple of seconds of hunting for the new tab button.
Brusco

Post by Brusco »

Good extension, but how do I get rid of the flickering url widget at the bottom left of the window?
This text (url) should be displayed in the status bar, not in the window text area.

This has never been part of any classic theme for Firefox. I suppose it is a knock-off from Chrome, which doesn't have a status bar. I don't use Chrome because I find this on-off flickering widget extremely distracting. Piss-poor design if you ask me, in the same class as the present Firefox 29 design.
-- Stan.
scanex

Post by scanex »

Small icons does not work... with Linux 13.10, it is set in about:config to small and does not seam to be overridden by another value.
and
would like to make the tabs lower, that is lower the hight 5-7 pixels.
teodorgant

Post by teodorgant »

Thanks for this essential add-on.

I have two problems that are maybe the same problem.

This code in my userChrome.css doesn't work:

Code: Select all

#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper,
#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper {
 -moz-padding-start: 0px !important; }

In my case, the correct value is "0" not "8".

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"])[tabsontop="false"] .tab-close-button {
 -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 32px, 16px, 16px) !important;
  list-style-image: url("my-close-button.png") !important; }

Change close button works in all cases, but it does not work with the tab bar at the bottom with tabs not selected and not hover.

Thanks to those who will respond.

PS
Australis it's horrible and unusable. It's trash.
dohanin

Re: Cleartype problem

Post by dohanin »

LonelyPixel wrote:
dohanin wrote:I noticed an issue with cleartype rendering in tab's text.
(...)
However, with curved tabs, the rendering is not correct, using whole pixel.

Any idea if this is fixable?

This seems like a known bug in Firefox. It uses greyscale anti-aliasing whenever it thinks the layer might be transparent. There must be a series of bugs, here's one: Bug 629891 - Tooltip text rendered with grayscale anti-aliasing

Thanks, then it is a known bug in firefox. However, the fact that the "squared tab" style of this extension does not inherit this problem makes me want to correct this for the "curved tab" as well. I tried to dig into the css file and png images, but to no avail.
GermanKiwi

Post by GermanKiwi »

Brusco wrote:Good extension, but how do I get rid of the flickering url widget at the bottom left of the window?
This text (url) should be displayed in the status bar, not in the window text area.

This has never been part of any classic theme for Firefox. I suppose it is a knock-off from Chrome, which doesn't have a status bar. I don't use Chrome because I find this on-off flickering widget extremely distracting. Piss-poor design if you ask me, in the same class as the present Firefox 29 design.

Actually that "flickering url widget" (ie. status popup) was introduced with Firefox 4 - see the KB article here. So it's been a part of the classic Firefox design since then.

However extensions like Status-4-Evar allowed you to move the status text back into the Firefox add-on bar instead of using the status popup. What changed with FF 29 (Australis) is the removal of the standard Firefox add-on bar completely, meaning that the status text goes back to using the popup instead, even if you were using Status-4-Evar. So FF 29 by itself has no status bar nor add-on bar anymore.

The current "fix" for this is to update Status-4-Evar to the latest beta version from here, which adds support for FF 29. This new version of Status-4-Evar gives you a new Status Bar and lets you move the status text back onto the Status Bar (or alternatively move the status text onto the Add-On Bar that is created/provided by Classic Theme Restorer). You can do that via "Customize", then look for an item called "Status Text" (which is provided by the Status-4-Evar extension), which you can drag down to the Status Bar (provided by Status-4-Evar) or Add-On Bar (provided by CTR).
Sean M

Post by Sean M »

Hi,

First, a million thanks, Aris, for creating Classic Theme Restorer.

I'm currently using the bookmarks button, that CTR adds to the bookmarks toolbar, to manage my bookmarks.
Up to Version 1.1.8 of CTR, I've been successfully using the code below to hide certain items from the bookmarks button menu.

#BMB_viewBookmarksToolbar,
#BMB_viewBookmarksToolbar+menuseparator,
#BMB_bookmarksShowAll,
#BMB_bookmarksShowAll+menuseparator,
#BMB_bookmarksToolbar,
#BMB_bookmarksToolbar+menuseparator,
#BMB_subscribeToPageMenuitem,
#BMB_subscribeToPageMenupopup,
#BMB_bookmarksPopup menuseparator[builder="end"],
#BMB_unsortedBookmarks {
display:none!important;
}

Unfortunately this code no longer works with the current beta of CTR. Would someone please be kind enough to provide (or help) me
with updated code to hide the above menu items in the bookmarks button of the current CTR beta.

Thank you in advance for any help.
-Sean
Last edited by Sean M on May 2nd, 2014, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brusco

Post by Brusco »

Oh my, I never thought of enabling Status-4-Evar and Classic Theme Restorer at the same time. Get me an aspirin, ouch. FF29 is even more knackered now than it already was.

I had already installed the April '14 version of Status-4-Evar. Can't remember the loose status pop-up on FF4; I've always been using S4E, and it worked without having to configure anything. Good thing that Firefox is still configurable, and good that we have these excellent extensions.

I have now enabled both the new Status-4-Evar and Classic Theme Restorer, moved all the widgets and the status pop-up into the restored status bar and closed the add-on bar. Peace and sanity have returned.

But things are getting complicated. I now have at least 30 MB of extension code installed to do nothing but make Firefox usable.

Anyway, this setup works, thank you for the help.
_corsair

Post by _corsair »

Hi,

Thanks for the comment on the size of the Bookmarks Menu arrows. I had set the Windows Display to 125% of Normal to increase, somewhat, the size of things on my HD display(1920x1080). Setting the UI display size back to normal(100%) corrected the size of the Bookmark Menu arrows with CTR installed and enabled. Please note the I have CTB installed as well.

That being said, however, this issue was only a problem when separating the star button from the combined star/bookmarks button and then using the CTR supplied drop-down bookmarks button. The CTB History button with the drop-down menu was somewhat affected, but, not as much as the CTR Bookmarks button with the drop-down menu was.

Firefox 29 without CTR installed didn't have a scaling problem with the Windows UI set at 125% of normal. The add-on supplied buttons should scale with the Windows UI just as everything else does.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Install latest beta version
Please update to the latest beta before posting. It is possible your issue was already solved.

Combined STOP RELOAD button issue
Move stop and reload buttons from customizing area to a toolbar and place them like this:
[stop] followed by [reload]
Enable the combined option on CTRs preference window and you will get the combined stop/reload button.

Forecsatfox issue
Try to delete "forecastfox.sqlite" from profile folder. This fixes many issues, but you may lose some of its configuration.

Double click to open a new tab option
It respects browser.newtab.url in latest betas.

"appbutton on titlebar" feature
If OS titlebar is used, there is no way to use the "appbutton on titlebar".

star-button in urlbar issues
Make sure your bookmarks button (the new one with the star and the bookmarks menu) is on a toolbar, before enabling the star-button in urlbar option (just in case).

OK, here comes a big one.;-)
First I want to thank all of you trying to help me out here. This thread is growing way too fast and I'm not able to answer all comments as fast as before.
Here I tried to comment all that were not already answered. If I missed one, just repost it.

multy7 wrote:
They are transparent with every tab setting that I could find. This is on Linux btw.

Tabs are transparent when you are using Personas. That was the way they were before or is this not the case on Linux?

merlinwisdom wrote:...
I have disabled Tab Mix Plus colorizing mechanics (all of them: Current Tab, Unloaded Tabs, Unread Tabs, Other Tabs & Progress meter on tabs),
but I still can't set any tab colors in CTR. :(

Is something interfering or is it a bug??

I can't test all your addons, but you can try to disable them all one by one to see, if one of them is responsible.
Maybe you are using a Stylish style, which changes something.
Test with a clean profile and btw. not every tab tab settings supports colorizing for all tabs in CTR for obvious reasons.

Some only change active tabs, some do not change 'new tab'.

Daniel_Orner wrote:Awesome add-on - now I can have the best of the new with the best of the old. 8-)

I have only one suggestion - the "Back/Forward" drop down button (which is awesome) should not be given text when "Icons & Text" is selected. This makes it a huge button with the title "Back Forward". No matter what we select, that button should still just be a simple arrow.

Everything else works great!

You are right.

MichaelIsGreat wrote:..

I was able to put back my previous user interface except the following points:
1) I could not find the button called "Display the progress of ongoing downloads" that is represented by a dotted circle.
2) I wanted to have all my tabs at the most bottom row that is below the row containing the URL bar, the buttons, the search bar, and a few other buttons. But I could not do that and I would appreciate if anybody was able to do that with this addon if he could let me know. Thanks.....

1. There is no such button in CTR. Download buttons/features are untouched and it probably be that way in the future.
2. Have you missed the 'tabs not on top' mode?

pixelwiz wrote:Hi, I think this was already asked, but I didn't see an answer. If I use the tabs below option, is there a way not to lose the 1/4 inch at the top or so for the title bar. I tried using the Hide Caption Titlebar Plus, but while it worked great with Firefox 28 and below, it just doesn't look like with 29 and Classic Theme Restorer set to tabs below. I believe you said you were going to get in touch with that developer maybe?

The titlebar has to stay, but you can of course use some css code in Stylish to move things more to top.

You will lose the ability to use the window control buttons and the appmenu button on toolbars.
Also you need to adjust this codes values for your configuration.

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
   #main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
     margin-top: 0px !important;
   }

#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
     margin-top: 0px !important;
   }

oxtx wrote:
Aris wrote:
oxtx wrote:how can I change tab look on os x? I have images for tab left, tab center and tab right. anyway to overwrite ctr's tabs on os x via userstyle?

Set CTRs tabs to "Australis (default)" (first tab option) and they won't be touched by this add-on.

I tried to choose australis default but CTR's tabs were still visible. how can I replace them?

the images I wanna replace with;

left

http://i.imgur.com/nPCX3va.png

right

http://i.imgur.com/Zpzg6AM.png

center

http://i.imgur.com/ShwjioV.png

also combined if needed

http://i.imgur.com/XFpyodO.png

how can I achive? I tried tabbrowser-tabs:before and after also tinkered other css selectors but no success. maybe Im asking too much but what exact css selectors I should use for replacing tab left,right and center? thanks.

You have to write own style sheets using your images. It is not like you just can swap three images and the previous look will return.
It is much more to it and because of that I used Windows/Linux tab styles (with different colors) on OSX, but also for compatibility and maintaining reasons.

The curved tabs you see (with default settings) are Firefox 29+ tabs not CTRs tabs.

nametakenlolwtf wrote:How do I change the foggy white colour background on the url bar borders to aero looking one? Also, how do you get back that refresh button?

http://i.imgur.com/Bppjyz4.png

Is the star bookmark on the url working for you? It does not work for me

There are a couple of new options on 1.1.9beta20 to achieve that.

Star button on urlbar works fine for me on all tested systems. Try a clean profile with only CTR installed and report back.

kukla wrote:Thanks very much Aris for the help with the CSS for getting things inside boxes again.

BTW, have been trying to make a contribution through PayPal, but it's not working from the Add-on, either from the contribute button, or the PayPal button. I get sent to PayPal, where I've logged in, but nothing happens, or I get a PayPal iFrame at the Add-on, which I allow from NoScript and the page just goes dark and nothing happens. If it's not just me, you might want to contact AMO about this so it can be fixed.

Is this still broken? Probably there were some server issues. Would not be the first time. Otherwise PM me.

cnwinger wrote:quick question: I can easily change the active tab color/gradient, using the Australis default curved tabs, but then it doesn't match the menu bar color (which stays light blue). is there a way to change the menu bar color as well?

You can enter the menubars nav-bar background color as on the values.

In fact it is possible to enter more than one code into a field.

"#FF00FF, #00FF00" is possible for example.

coyote2 wrote:...

I've been using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tab-width/ "in order to let tabs shrink infinitely", and so I'd been free of the Scroll Buttons for many years...but now they're back thanks to FF29. But otherwise I don't see any issues...so please

is there a way to remove the Scroll Buttons? They appear even though none of my Tabs aren't visible, i.e. for no reason.

This might be a profile issue and you should start over with a new one.
Anyway this is the code you have requested:

.scrollbutton-up,
.scrollbutton-down{
  display: none !important;
}

cyrix007 wrote:...
Hi Aris, I'm sorry but I just couldn't find that script in this thread. Can you point me in the right direction? Appreciate it. I know you're busy.

Sorry, this thread growth so fast, I cant find it myself, sorry.
But it must be somewhere.

mayhemkrew wrote:So Firefox has been updated to 29.0 and I installed your Add-On (awesome work!) and I got everything laid out how it was in version 28.0 except the Aero effect is not working near the top around the address bar. I do have it enabled on the machine as other windows have the effect. Am I missing a setting or something else I should check? Here are a couple screen shots...

Install 1.1.9beta20, it offers option for this.

sensitive wrote:I don't see the forward button. I'm having problem with it.

Because of CTR or am I missing something? Check the customizing area, if the 'mov. back forward-item' is enabled, but not visible.

Alice0775 wrote:....

I know that.

For user who uses version 1.1.8.
I think CTR should provide migration code(cganhe ids and class name) .
Otherwise, when 1.1.9 released, the user confuse.

There is no migration code. Its like you install CTR for the first time. I can't prevent this from happening. Obviously most users should notice the "reset" looks like the first install.

Des_Nerger wrote:...
I found a workaround for myself. ...

Mozilla changed urlbar code in Fx31, so it differs between Fx29-30 and Fx31+.
I will add a fix on the next build.

us2inva wrote:As this extension renders my preferred themes useless, thx again mozilla for the knife in the back... can anyone suggest a good dark theme that is useful and capable to be used with CTR?

EDIT: I have found "some' but still the new tab and bookmarks backgrounds have been unaffetced things are just too bright. I was using lava v2. It was great, it was perfect... gotta tone down the instant daylight on this browser, thx for any help people can be. If I use the browser theme I was using with ctr, it make a huge space for the tab area, which I have chosen to be on bottom where I feel they belong.

Also, trying to figure out how to make these tabs Not so dern huge. http://oi59.tinypic.com/2rdavpz.jpg

Theme devs have to support CTR, if they want to. I can't add support for specific themes.

You are using ColorfulTabs add-on, so maybe the dev adds an option to reduce tab size. There were also some code snippets on this thread, that can reduce tabsize, but I don't have tested them with ColorfulTabs addon.

FortMax wrote:I have two computers, both have Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 29, and Classic Theme Restorer 1.1.9 beta 19.

One of them isn't showing the "Menubar: add background color (OS titlebar + tabs not on top) (win 7/8)" option on the Special page, but the other is.

Both are using the same Windows theme, and the Firefox plugins and settings are otherwise identical. And on the computer that isn't showing the option, setting extensions.classicthemerestorer.altmenubar to true in about:config does nothing.

The only reason this option gets hidden and not usable through about:config is using a non-default Firefox theme.

Bundaburra wrote:There is a problem with the IsAdmin add-on. With Classic Theme Restorer disabled, it works correctly. When enabled, the IsAdmin icon disappears. If I go into Customize, I see a red icon labelled "Err 1". If I drag this to a toolbar, it changes to the IsAdmin icon, and behaves correctly for the remainder of the Firefox 29 session. But when Firefox is restarted, the IsAdmin icon has disappeared, and I have to go through the same process to get it back.

This add-on needs an update to support other toolbars than the removed add-on bar and status-bar.

CTR restores both, but this items are loaded after the ones from "isAdmin" add-on.
However I can add a temporal fix, until the dev updates his add-on.
isAdmin button will not be movable and only accessible though CTRs add-on bar.

Yves W wrote:I'm not sure if this has already been posted by me, but I can't find my last post (it might still need to be approved by a mod). Is there an option to disable the fog when you hover over buttons in the navigation bar or change it to how hovering works on non-navigation bars? Example:

CTR uses a different button appearance for "icons+text" mode compared to pre-Australis on all platforms for now. This may be changed sometimes in the future.

kukla wrote:Aris, I hate to mention this when there are so many other issues you are dealing with, but the star button in URL bar, either from CTR or from your Star Button Add-on--I've tried both-- does not change color (blue in pre-29) to indicate a URL that has already been bookmarked. Having this particular feature in the star button is really pretty essential.

The star button from the Star Button Add-on appears dark or black, while the CTR star button is clear, but hovering over it becomes light blue. But, either way, nothing to indicate anything has been bookmarked.

Both the extra add-on and CTR offer the same way to add star button to urlbar and work fine for me and other users testing this for a while now. Maybe another add-on interferes on your side.
Try to setup a clean profile.

The star colors in CTR are more like on pre-Australis instead of using the blue star icon.

isidroco wrote:Is there a way to put the toolbar UNDER the windows bar as all the rest of the regular programs? Otherwise it is difficult, or even imposible to move the window if it is too narrow. Thanks.

Which toolbar? Tabs toolbar? CTR won't support something like that.
Why you window it narrow? Post a screen shot?

jmgau wrote:Hi

I do have the same problem as above and I found what happens.

First I use Windows 8. All my tabs are at the bottom of my browser. I use a plugin to do it.
I can see the firefox button (I checked the "Button on titlebar" and also turned on "menu bar".
If I turn off the "menu bar" the firefox button and also the minimize and restore and x button, they all go behind the address bar.
So if I want to see the firefox button (and the minimize and close button) I have to turn on the menu bar.
I don't like the menu bar and for now it is the only solution

Thanks for your time

At the bottom of your browser below web content where the addon bar is?
Probably the way to achieve that interferes with top toolbars and creates this problem for you.
Post a screenshot of your configuration.

naix wrote:Is it possible to make the location bar resizable?

http://i.imgur.com/qHHFRu8.png

What I'm doing right now to resize it is place the search bar next to it, which makes it resizable, then remove the search bar again.
However when shrinking the window to a specific size, the bookmarks will suddenly disappear and the location bar takes up all the space.

Thats one of Australis features.
You can force urlbar size using css and set a min/max-width, but this won't become an option, because it is too unstable.

#urlbar-container {
min-width:200px !important;
max-width:400px !important;
}

secretagentmoof wrote:Is it possible to get "Show all tabs"/alltabs-button to not disappear when you fall below some minimum total tab width? It looks like that might be controlled in tabmokcolor.css where it's listed as !important, but I know neither diddly nor jack about xul/css customization.

Any specific tab width you have set?
Or are you asking how to get this button always visible?

#alltabs-button{
    visibility: visible !important;
}

The option you are referring to only changes colors, but not sizes/margins/paddings and does also not hide buttons.

icefoxer wrote:@Aris
There is no "Character Encoding" entry in the app button menu.
Could you rebuild the charsetMenu.label in CTR?
Character Encoding entry in firefox 28
http://i.imgur.com/Uugjf2D.jpg

I know, this one can not be duplicated there for no reason.

usernameistoolong wrote:Is there a way to remove the fading or fog effects from the tabs and corners of the screen?

You can remove the tab toolbars fog and the tab fading animation. There are options for that.

Naishee wrote:I have a couple of problems with Classic Theme Restorer. First, for some reason I don't quite grasp, the grey behind whatever the toolbar I use for forward/backward/stop/reload/bookmarkitems" has a grey background lighter than all the other backgrounds. I have looked and have no idea how to fix this. I don't know whether this is a problem with Classic Theme Restorer ornot, but it is definitely something it should fix.

Second, the "show icons and text" settings seriously break things. First, the star I use in the URL-bar (for bookmarking) gets some text under it, making it very VERY ugly and unusuable. More importantly, it doesn't play nice with AdBlock+, the most used of all FF addons. I have it on a bar at the bottom, and for some reason using icons and text increases the size of it hugely, making the bar almost twice as high as it needs to be.

Third, although this addon says it adds a status bar, it doesn't work if you have your tab bar at the bottom, below the "main" window. I've done this since the beginning of time, courtesy of TabMix +, but Classic Theme Restorer doesn't let me put anything on the status bar with TabMix+, which absurdly forced me to DL a separate add-on to get the status bar back [New Add-On Bar 0.22].

I don't know which gray behind the button you are talking to, post a screen shot.

Star-button & icons+text mode should work fine on recent betas. It will fix the Adblock and other menu button issues on next build.
Tab bar below main window is not supported by this add-on and also does not work correctly in TMP even without this add-on. In case you haven't noticed, this glitch is not CTRs fault.

Daniel4131 wrote:Can you please...

1. Remove the 2 black vertical lines on the left and right side of the screen that appears when you choose 'tabs on bottom'?
2. Add a moveable Reload/Refresh button or at least one placed on the left side of the screen next to my Home and Back/Forward buttons.

1. Install latest beta of CTR.
2. These buttons are all there. You have to move them to toolbars and/or enable the corresponding options on CTRs prefwindow.

pikabot wrote:This extension ha sbeen a godsend to return my browser to a functional state. I have one question, though: I've made use of the tabs-at-bottom option, as all sane and rational people will. But I find now that the tab bar no longer has any kind of border insulating it from the page content, so the tabs and the page bleed together in a way I find most irritating. is there any way to fix this?

The bottom border gets disablel, if you are using Personas, otherwise it should be visible.

pikabot wrote:This extension ha sbeen a godsend to return my browser to a functional state. I have one question, though: I've made use of the tabs-at-bottom option, as all sane and rational people will. But I find now that the tab bar no longer has any kind of border insulating it from the page content, so the tabs and the page bleed together in a way I find most irritating. is there any way to fix this?

The bottom border gets disabled, if you are using Personas, otherwise it should be visible.

level20peon wrote:Is it possible to get inverted toolbar icons? I tried to css the #ctraddon_bookmarks-button, #ctraddon_history-button, #ctraddon_back-forward-button / #ctraddon_back-button, #ctraddon_forward-button for an hour with all possible permutations now... without success. I then read about a hack which requires to update the .png images inside the xpi archive directly. Only the inverted icon for the bookmark sidebar can be edited this way, no chance for the other three buttons mentioned above.
I am using the small toolbar icons on a transparent toolbar by the way.

Another thing that I think needs to be addressed is the option "Special -> Special tweaks -> Tabs toolbar: double click opens a 'new' tab (using browser.newtab.url)". After activating this option and setting up "browser.newtab.url" it indeed behaves as expected to some degree: It opens a new tab using the set up URL on double-clicking the tab-bar. However, after loading this new tab, the focus moves to the awesomebar (unexpected) instead of the website that gets loaded (expected). Is that working as intended? If so, could you add an option to have the browser focus the website instead of the awesomebar?

Install "Classic Toolbar Buttons" add-on where you can select inverted icons (other features can be dsiabled/ignored).
Inverted icons may also be added as an option to CTR later.

The focus was requested like this and opening a new tab using new-tab button also focuses urlbar.

blackwind wrote:Don't forget to test event.button on click events. Just one example of why this is important: Currently, double-clicking the tabs toolbar with ANY button opens a new tab (when the associated option is enabled, of course), which means a tab could erroneously be opened when quickly closing multiple tabs via middle-click.

OK, done ;-)

laprupio wrote:Great extension!

1. One thing which looks a little off is the on-tab-load-indicator (dunno whats the correct name :wink: ):
    The loading bar on top of the tab, i think it should be 2-3 px to the top and 3-5 px to the left, can i move it through userChrome.css?

2. Would be nice to have an extra option to restore the pre-australis "empty favicon placeholder" (see: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... y-favicon/)
    Only 2 css changes needed:

.tab-icon-image:not([src]):not([pinned]){
    display:block !important;
    }

.tab-throbber:not([busy]),
    .tab-throbber[busy] + .tab-icon-image:not([src]):not([pinned]){
        display:none !important;
    }

3. The RequestPolicy addon has 2 icons which can be added to the addon-bar. One shows the "red flag" correctly, but has no hover/mouse over effect. (on the left side of the picture) The other one has the hover effect, but doesnt change its color. Dunno which one i had before in the addon-bar, but it had the mouseover effect and the right color :wink: Maybe its a problem of RequestPolicy?

1. The correct ID/class for this one is: ".tabbrowser-tab progressmeter.tab-progress". You may want to try adjusting in Stylish.
2. Already restored on recent betas.
3. This add-on works fine for me. Update to latest beta.

multy7 wrote:In classic Firefox you could add as many additional bars as you wanted. Can you add this option again?

This option won't return, sorry.

Str0ngwun wrote:Bug Report: if there are too many tabs on the tab-bar - Firefox adds scroll buttons to the tab-bar.
If the option '[Special] > [Special tweaks] > [Tabs toolbar: double click opens a 'new' tab (using browser.newtab.url)' in CTR is enabled - double clicking on the above mentioned buttons results into opening a new tab.
The very same bug happens when double-clicking '#alltabs-button'.

I can fix this for all tabs button and other toolbar buttons, but this seems not to work for scrollbuttons atm.

Lazy Jones wrote:Life saving addon. Thank you very much for taking the time to create it and maintain it.

With that being said, i do have a question about one display bug. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove a line located just above an address bar? I'm using CTR 1.1.9 beta20 with CTB 1.4.0 beta9.

Line is best visible when navigation bar is hidden.

Edit: I removed the pictures as instructed because they put a heavy load on the forum layout

Try

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#nav-bar {
  border-top:0px !important;
  box-shadow: none !important;
}

or

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#nav-bar {
  max-height:0px !important;
}

or

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#nav-bar {
  vidibility:collapse !important;
}

Srap wrote:Hi Aris. Is it possible to apply the same opaque effect on the tab bar when it is on top (img)? If not, do you plan to implement it in the future, or should I look for an userstyle?
Firefox 29, CTR version 1.1.9beta20

edits: fighting with images

Tabs toolbar looks the same for me on your screenshot for tabs on top and not on top and has no opaque effects.

MisterCerberus wrote:Thank you so much for this. I opened Firefox this morning and just thought 'Oh come on, what's this now?'

If I could offer some suggestions for additions:
1. In Australis, the tabs are fixed above the URL bar and are designed with no border underneath to appear to merge into the URL bar. When you use this addon to move the tabs below the URL bar (where they belong), there is still no border below the tabs, so there is nothing seperating the tabs bar from the page itself

See comparison:

Top: Firefox 29, with Classic Theme Restorer - No bottom border
Bottom: Firefox 28 - Bottom border

2. Also, an issue I've encountered is that when activating the option Tabs Toolbar: Double click opens new tab, it happens even when you double click on the tab navigation arrows. This essentially makes the option unusable.

3. And a minor nitpick that would nevertheless improve things: There is now a small gap between the edge of the browser and the first tab (Noticable in the image above). While this wouldn't usually be an issue, when the tab navigation arrows appear, they are now not touching the edge of the browser. Usually I would simply move my cursor to the edge of the broswer and click, now I have to be more precise. There is also for some reason quite a sizable empty gap between the last tab and the right tab navigation arrow. Minor I know, but still something I've encountered.

Again, thanks for this addon.

1. If you are using a Persona, the line below tabs toolbar in tab not on top mode gets removed.

2. At the moment I have no solution for the double click glitch you mentioned.

3. This should be fine on latest betas.

Yaron10 wrote:Hi Aris,

Thanks for your work. What would we do without you? :)

I use Windows Classic look.
- When tabs are in title bar, Roboform toolbar has a strange blueish background color. How can I fix it? (background: -moz-dialog; doesn't help).

I'd like to add a top border to about:config search bar. What's the element ID?

I'd be grateful for your help.

Since Roboform toolbar is not on AMO and only available through setups I won't install it on my system. Any way to share the xpi file?

If you have toolbars id you could try to force a different background color with Stylish and your code, but you maybe need /*AGENT_SHEET*/ inserted into your style for it to work.

The id of the about:config search bar is: #filterRow
Use dom inspector + element inspecotr to easy find out ids by using shift+rightclick on their ui items.

anirrr wrote:I have been advised to reask my question on this thread.

firefox 29
I use addon classic theme restorer 1.1.8

I have the zoom in and out buttons on the menu bar. In firefox 29 the zoom percentage is also displayed.
Can I keep the zoom buttons, but remove the percentage number?

Thanks.

Install latest beta.

Sun-flower wrote:I believe this is the support site for this add-on. I have just installed it after installing FF29. I have tried to make my toolbar buttons go large by choosing "Set nav-bar[icon size='large'] and the icons do go large but on restart they go small again. This happens every time. How do I get them to stay large?

Install latest beta.

ThiefMaster wrote:This extension messes up the responsive design view UI (moves the controls below the browser pane), see this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Digd4TI.png

Apparently you are setting -moz-box-ordinal-group: 10; for all toolbar elements instead of just the relevant ones... And unfortunately I can't override this via userChrome.css for some strange reason.

Edit: I managed to get it working using this userChrome.css rule:

.devtools-responsiveui-toolbar ~ * {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 11;
}

PS: Have you considered using a GitHub repo? Either to actually put the sourcecode there or at least to get a decent issue tracker. I guess this forums thread is a huge pain for you to keep track of...

Thanks for reporting this one. I found a permanent way to fix this without requiring the above code.
It will be fixed on next build and I hope somebody can test toolbars added by other add-ons to verify this change won't break them.

Detection wrote:Thanks for adding the "Double click tab bar open new tab" but there is a problem, it does open a new tab, but I have SpeedDial set as my new tab page, and it doesn't open my speeddial, it opens a different version of it, I think maybe Firefox's own speeddial with only a few recent sites added to it

Any chance of allowing the new tab to open as the SpeedDial addon instead?

This is the addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... peed-dial/

If you set "chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul" for browser.newtab.url in about:config and restart browser, CTRs double click option will open speed dial tab.

Is anyone aware of why SpeedDial does not set its url in browser.newtab.url when using the option "load in blank new tabs"? Would make sense to me.

userneem wrote:Bug report:

As I resize the firefox window to its minimal size and then resize it back to its original size, all controls in the toolbar aside from the address bar are gone.
This only happens with Classic Theme Restorer enabled. (Otherwise, they are restoreed as I resize the window back to its original size)

Thanks.

I'm currently investigation this. So far I have not found whats causing this.

MT89 wrote:...

Update. I installed FF 29 on a windows 8 machine and installed CTR and I do not have this issue. The problem seems to be on linux only ( I am using ubuntu 14.04 ) Is there any kind of CSS fix for this?

This one was a temporal fix for Linux, because it did not have a "checked" state, by the time I added these menubuttons.
It will be fixed on next build.

Aestuo wrote:...
(1) I did however notice that when I add the bookmark star in the url and bookmark a page
(I bookmarked this thread)
the star doesn't turn blue allowing me to, at a glance, tell if I have indeed bookmarked the page or not.
(2) I can't seem to recall what is still missing from the left side of my tab, home, history, back and forth buttons, on the left side of the url bar. I notice i keep bringing my mouse over there but I can't figure out what I'm headed for...

1. Works for me, but you maybe need to setup a new profile. Also make sure the default bookmarks button is on a toolbar, before enabling star-button in urlbar, just in case.

2. Probably the empry favicon? Its restored on recent betas.

pheeew wrote:Hello Aris,
first of all I want to THANK YOU to make Firefox usable again.
I was wondering if it will be possible to display the page title in the same line (very top) as the orange Firefox button and the Menue entries (File, Edit, View...).
As soon as I select "Tabs on Titlebar" in CTR options the (important) page title is completly gone and if I deselect it I will get a new row (consuming more valuable space) but not more Buttons/Information and the square Firefox button is also gone .
I would really appreciate it if you or somebody else could give me a hint on how to put the page title information back in the top bar.
I also use Tree Style Tab extension, so there are no horizontal tabs in my layout - just in case this information is usefull.

Thx and keep up the great work.

There is a way using this http://userstyles.org/styles/41025/fire ... title-back

foxhandle wrote:OK, this is a petty problem and there may be an obvious solution I'm simply overlooking, but the address bar is now a lighter gray that clashes akwardly with the darker gray title bar above it and darker gray tabs below it. Is there any way to re-darken the address bar to match my newly re-squared and re-lowered tabs?

I can find options to change the colour of the tabs, but then they won't match the title bar.

Note: I have a Mac, so if you're using Windows it probably looks different for you; I can post a screenshot of how mine looks if need be.

A screen shot could be helpful. Keep in mind the default Firefox theme on OSX slightly changed and CTR tries to fit itsoption into the new ui instead of restoring previous OSX colors. The current ui with CTR is more like a Windows theme with OSX colors on top of it.

Also I can only test on OSX 10.8 and 10.9.

Lapine wrote:Is there a description of what the options do ?
They are quite obscure, even more for the persons learning english.

I want to make extended status bar appear again in the addon bar, but I cannot find it when I go on the customize panel....

No or at least not yet, sorry, but you can post your question here.

LiSrt wrote:Once the tab bar has been moved to the bottom, is there a way to reduce its height, to match what it was before?

Not officialy in CTR, but you can try code like this:

#tabbrowser-tabs{
  min-height: 0 !important;
  max-height: 23px !important;
}

giovannibgr wrote:Tried using CTR with Tabmix Plus and Session Manager. I've set TMP to multi-row (2 rows).

1. My first issue is that if I restore a previous firefox session using Session Manager, using the scroll wheel on the tabbar gets broken - it will not scroll up by any means, it can only scroll down (if I select one of the top tabs with Ctrl+2 for example).

I thought it was due to restoring a session that I had saved prior to installing CTR, so I started Firefox with blank session, opened some 20 tabs, the scrolling worked just fine (up and down). Then, when I closed FF and tried to restore the newly created session, the same scrolling was broken again.

It may be a TMP issue actually, but I tried the same scenarios with CTR disabled (as is now) and the problem persists.

2. With the same 2-row setup of TMP, I noticed that the pinned tab where I have opened GMail is disappearing up when scrolling down the rows (regardless of the abovementioned issue - this happens even when the scrolling works correctly). Again, this is not the case when CTR is disabled.

Thank you in advance!
Gio

1. It may be a TMP issue. Multirowed tabs cause always problems for add-ons that also change tabs. ;-)

2. Are you sure this does not happen without CTR, because thats exactly what happened in my tests too without CTR installed?

psxlover wrote:1. When using tabs on bottom, double clicking on the tab bar acts as if you are clicking on the title bar instead of the old behavior of opening a new tab.
2. Also is there a way to remove the small blank space on the left of the tabs?
3. Finally could you make it so that when using tabs on bottom the navigation bar is in the title bar? There was an addon did that on the previous versions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/?src=api

Tnx for the addon, firefox is getting worse with each update, copying chrome and removing features like keyworld.URL :(

1. Latest Beta has an option for this

2. see 1. ;-)

3. You could move it there using css code in Stylish, but this would break window controls and appbutton on titlebar. Here is in this post. Look fo my answer to MichaelIsGreat.

Areed wrote:If possible, please add options or ability to change the new tab button. I'm currently using the Australis theme (I installed this addon for its other features, I quite like the new tab look) however the new tab button is very obscure, and I find myself pressing ctrl+t in frustration after a couple of seconds of hunting for the new tab button.

You could use one of the tab options provided by this add-on. The new tab is not always very obscure.

Brusco wrote:Good extension, but how do I get rid of the flickering url widget at the bottom left of the window?

Depends on the definition of "classic". CTR does restore more or less the pre-Australis look and the info text your are referring to was there a long time before Australis. However Status4Ever moves it back on toolbars.

scanex wrote:Small icons does not work... with Linux 13.10, it is set in about:config to small and does not seam to be overridden by another value.
and
would like to make the tabs lower, that is lower the hight 5-7 pixels.

Use the checkbox on CTRs prefwindow or the button inside customizing mode instead of about:config. Small button view works fine here, also make sure you are running the latest beta. It already contains fixes for the most recent Firefox changes on Linux which corrupted small button view in some cases.

teodorgant wrote:Thanks for this essential add-on.

I have two problems that are maybe the same problem.

#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper,
#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper {
 -moz-padding-start: 0px !important; }

In my case, the correct value is "0" not "8".

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"])[tabsontop="false"] .tab-close-button {
 -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 32px, 16px, 16px) !important;
  list-style-image: url("my-close-button.png") !important; }

Change close button works in all cases, but it does not work with the tab bar at the bottom with tabs not selected and not hover.

Thanks to those who will respond.

PS
Australis it's horrible and unusable. It's trash.

Use Stylish instead of userChrome.css and always insert
/*AGENT_SHEET*/
into all your styles trying to override CTR settings or it won't work. Even then it may not always work.

Sean M wrote:Hi,

First, a million thanks, Aris, for creating Classic Theme Restorer.

I'm currently using the bookmarks button, that CTR adds to the bookmarks toolbar, to manage my bookmarks.
Up to Version 1.1.8 of CTR, I've been successfully using the code below to hide certain items from the bookmarks button menu.

#BMB_viewBookmarksToolbar,
#BMB_viewBookmarksToolbar+menuseparator,
#BMB_bookmarksShowAll,
#BMB_bookmarksShowAll+menuseparator,
#BMB_bookmarksToolbar,
#BMB_bookmarksToolbar+menuseparator,
#BMB_subscribeToPageMenuitem,
#BMB_subscribeToPageMenupopup,
#BMB_bookmarksPopup menuseparator[builder="end"],
#BMB_unsortedBookmarks {
display:none!important;
}

Unfortunately this code no longer works with the current beta of CTR. Would someone please be kind enough to provide (or help) me
with updated code to hide the above menu items in the bookmarks button of the current CTR beta.

Thank you in advance for any help.
-Sean

Ids changed and you need to add 'ctraddon_' to your ids. Items should look like this: #ctraddon_BMB_bookmarkThisPage".

_corsair wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the comment on the size of the Bookmarks Menu arrows. I had set the Windows Display to 125% of Normal to increase, somewhat, the size of things on my HD display(1920x1080). Setting the UI display size back to normal(100%) corrected the size of the Bookmark Menu arrows with CTR installed and enabled. Please note the I have CTB installed as well.

That being said, however, this issue was only a problem when separating the star button from the combined star/bookmarks button and then using the CTR supplied drop-down bookmarks button. The CTB History button with the drop-down menu was somewhat affected, but, not as much as the CTR Bookmarks button with the drop-down menu was.

Firefox 29 without CTR installed didn't have a scaling problem with the Windows UI set at 125% of normal. The add-on supplied buttons should scale with the Windows UI just as everything else does.

You are right, it should scale, but I don't know why it doesn't for menus of these two buttons. Are arrow icons fine in CTRs appmenu? Also arrows are added to menus automatically by Firefox without CTR doing anything.
kukla

Post by kukla »

A FYI: in case you can't get the star button in url option to appear or work properly, like me, after countless hours of fruitlessly trying other things--the fix is quite simple. You must be certain that the new 29 combined bookmarking and bookmarks button is present just to the right of the url bar before trying to use the CTR option for the old star in url button. If it's there, once you select the CTR option and restart, it disappears and the star button is happy.

I realize Aris must be completely overwhelmed right now, but maybe in a future release he can include some kind of alert about this. Could go right where the "must restart for this to take effect" notice is.

Only found this after stumbling on it from a google search. It's buried on p.43 inside this thread.
Aris wrote:Make sure you have placed the bookmarks button after urlbar like shown on the info popup inside CTRs prefwindow while hovering the corresponding option.
...[urlbar][bookmarks button]... ---> starbutton in urlbar

EDIT: Oh, I'm seeing that Aris has now included a more prominent note about this just above.
star-button in urlbar issues
Make sure your bookmarks button (the new one with the star and the bookmarks menu) is on a toolbar, before enabling the star-button in urlbar option (just in case).

UPDATE: Was finally able to make a contribution. Ironically, had to use Safari.
Last edited by kukla on May 2nd, 2014, 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.