[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
dennis123123

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by dennis123123 »

Thank-you so much for this addon. Firefox 29 is the ugliest thing I've seen since Windows 8! :D :D :D :D :D
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

WildcatRay wrote:
Alice0775 wrote:
**snip **

Is there the plan providing a migration code to 1.1.9 to reduce the confusion of the user?

@Alice0775,

The IDs of the various elements of CTR such as added toolbars, movable status bar, etc., I believe were changed between the 2 versions you are using. The changes were at the prompting of the addon reviewer(s). You will have to redo your button placement and other CTR customizations that you did previously. All should be go after that.

I know that.

For user who uses version 1.1.8.
I think CTR should provide migration code(cganhe ids and class name) .
Otherwise, when 1.1.9 released, the user confuse.
cnwinger

Post by cnwinger »

cnwinger wrote:quick question: I can easily change the active tab color/gradient, using the Australis default curved tabs, but then it doesn't match the menu bar color (which stays light blue). is there a way to change the menu bar color as well?

to clarify, this is what I end up with when I use a custom gray/silver tab color:

how can I change the light blue menu to match?
Des_Nerger

Post by Des_Nerger »

Des_Nerger wrote:Image
Is it a bug? Can I fix it?
UPD: When "Movable back-forward button" is disabled, everything's fine (except it is not movable of course)

I found a workaround for myself. Here it is:

Code: Select all

--- content/css/linux/back-forwardextra.css   2014-05-01 04:33:57.556449955 +1100
+++ content/css/linux/back-forwardextra.css.new   2014-05-01 04:44:56.344452705 +1100
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@

#urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper:-moz-locale-dir(ltr),
    #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper:-moz-locale-dir(ltr){
-      padding-left: 44px !important;
+      padding-left: 31px !important;
    }

#urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper:-moz-locale-dir(rtl),
us2inva

Post by us2inva »

As this extension renders my preferred themes useless, thx again mozilla for the knife in the back... can anyone suggest a good dark theme that is useful and capable to be used with CTR?

EDIT: I have found "some' but still the new tab and bookmarks backgrounds have been unaffetced things are just too bright. I was using lava v2. It was great, it was perfect... gotta tone down the instant daylight on this browser, thx for any help people can be. If I use the browser theme I was using with ctr, it make a huge space for the tab area, which I have chosen to be on bottom where I feel they belong.

Also, trying to figure out how to make these tabs Not so dern huge. http://oi59.tinypic.com/2rdavpz.jpg
Last edited by us2inva on April 30th, 2014, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Well, there's a warning on the addon-page: "On other Systems or non OS-default themes tab colors may look wrong."
gone
us2inva

Post by us2inva »

Elbart wrote:Well, there's a warning on the addon-page: "On other Systems or non OS-default themes tab colors may look wrong."

I have gathered that, thank you for the reply.
But still my question persists... and has been edited to include more info.
FortMax

Post by FortMax »

I have two computers, both have Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 29, and Classic Theme Restorer 1.1.9 beta 19.

One of them isn't showing the "Menubar: add background color (OS titlebar + tabs not on top) (win 7/8)" option on the Special page, but the other is.

Both are using the same Windows theme, and the Firefox plugins and settings are otherwise identical. And on the computer that isn't showing the option, setting extensions.classicthemerestorer.altmenubar to true in about:config does nothing.
Bundaburra

Post by Bundaburra »

There is a problem with the IsAdmin add-on. With Classic Theme Restorer disabled, it works correctly. When enabled, the IsAdmin icon disappears. If I go into Customize, I see a red icon labelled "Err 1". If I drag this to a toolbar, it changes to the IsAdmin icon, and behaves correctly for the remainder of the Firefox 29 session. But when Firefox is restarted, the IsAdmin icon has disappeared, and I have to go through the same process to get it back.
Yves W

Post by Yves W »

I'm not sure if this has already been posted by me, but I can't find my last post (it might still need to be approved by a mod). Is there an option to disable the fog when you hover over buttons in the navigation bar or change it to how hovering works on non-navigation bars? Example:
kukla

Post by kukla »

Aris, I hate to mention this when there are so many other issues you are dealing with, but the star button in URL bar, either from CTR or from your Star Button Add-on--I've tried both-- does not change color (blue in pre-29) to indicate a URL that has already been bookmarked. Having this particular feature in the star button is really pretty essential.

The star button from the Star Button Add-on appears dark or black, while the CTR star button is clear, but hovering over it becomes light blue. But, either way, nothing to indicate anything has been bookmarked.

UPDATE: Also wanted to mention that the code you gave me to outline/put-in-boxes the icons and buttons is working from userChrome.css. and makes things look much better and more usable. I wish I knew how to tweak it to get the outlining to look a bit stronger, as it's a bit on the faint side, but this is a vast improvement over what it looked like before. Can't begin to understand the idiocy of the designers who removed all this stuff.

Will try again to donate tomorrow, if that's working by then. You certainly deserve it. Thanks again.
Last edited by kukla on April 30th, 2014, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anon-E-Mouse

Post by Anon-E-Mouse »

Many thanks for this much needed addon. This is pretty much essential after the abomination that is Australis. However I do have an issue.

I run Win 7, using the Windows Classic Theme. (if it makes any difference).

FF28 had the large orange application button in top left of the titlebar.
FF29 moved that to a small white button on a toolbar, next to the 'hamburger' menu button.

Regardless of any settings in CTR, I can't get the application button back onto the titlebar. Even when selecting titlebar, it stays in the toolbar.

Am I missing something obvious?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Alice0775 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
Alice0775 wrote:
**snip **

Is there the plan providing a migration code to 1.1.9 to reduce the confusion of the user?

@Alice0775,

The IDs of the various elements of CTR such as added toolbars, movable status bar, etc., I believe were changed between the 2 versions you are using. The changes were at the prompting of the addon reviewer(s). You will have to redo your button placement and other CTR customizations that you did previously. All should be go after that.

I know that.

For user who uses version 1.1.8.
I think CTR should provide migration code(cganhe ids and class name) .
Otherwise, when 1.1.9 released, the user confuse.

Sorry, I missed that.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

us2inva wrote:As this extension renders my preferred themes useless, thx again mozilla for the knife in the back... can anyone suggest a good dark theme that is useful and capable to be used with CTR?

Well, you can try this - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -tiger-sp/

Many of the features/functionality you would want are already built-in and I'm sure CTR can provide the rest. I've linked you to the 'Tabs on Bottom' version, as I see from your pic that is what you prefer.

Bear in mind, that this is early days and I'm sure, in time, Themes and CTR and other extensions will blend together more seamlessly.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
us2inva

Post by us2inva »

Frank Lion wrote:
us2inva wrote:As this extension renders my preferred themes useless, thx again mozilla for the knife in the back... can anyone suggest a good dark theme that is useful and capable to be used with CTR?

Well, you can try this - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -tiger-sp/

Many of the features/functionality you would want are already built-in and I'm sure CTR can provide the rest. I've linked you to the 'Tabs on Bottom' version, as I see from your pic that is what you prefer.

Bear in mind, that this is early days and I'm sure, in time, Themes and CTR and other extensions will blend together more seamlessly.

Thanks so much, man.