[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
greatlord

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by greatlord »

I can't seem to access about:customize after installing this add-on. This is what my browser looks like: http://i.imgur.com/e9clpEX.png

When I try to access about:customize it just shows a white page, no error screen or anything. It works fine when I disable CTR, however.
mackeev

Post by mackeev »

Aris wrote:
The 'status-bar' item is not for status panel text popups only for items from Forecastfox, Locale Switcher etc. Compare with pre-Australis. ;-)

You can add IE Tab2 to the list. It works great w/ it.

@L.A.R. Grizzly

You sound a bit confused about what the status-bar should or should not do.
Aris

Post by Aris »

tim712 wrote:I can't seem to access about:customize after installing this add-on. This is what my browser looks like: http://i.imgur.com/e9clpEX.png

When I try to access about:customize it just shows a white page, no error screen or anything. It works fine when I disable CTR, however.

There is no 'about:customize'. You are probably looking for 'about:customizing'.

But if you say you cannot enter customizing mode at all try to setup a clean profile.
greatlord

Post by greatlord »

Aris wrote:
tim712 wrote:I can't seem to access about:customize after installing this add-on. This is what my browser looks like: http://i.imgur.com/e9clpEX.png

There is no 'about:customize'. You are probably looking for 'about:customizing'.

But if you say you cannot enter customizing mode at all try to setup a clean profile.

Yes that's what I meant. I did use a clean profile.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

I see that CTR is reviewed on AMO, awesome, so now we can get dev builds auto-update :D
Awesome work Aris, cheers.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Aris wrote:@L.A.R. Grizzly
CTB needed a compatibility update.
Try this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/ ... /1.3.8pre1

The 'status-bar' item is not for status panel text popups only for items from Forecastfox, Locale Switcher etc. Compare with pre-Australis. ;-)

Thanks for the quick fix! Version 1.3.8pre1 fixes the Star Button in URL Bar. =D> I didn't understand the details of the Status Bar in Add-on Bar. I was thinking it was similar to Sparky's Status4Evar. I don't use Status4Evar for anything else but the page status. I was thinking I could just use your item. No problem, Sparky's add-on is just what I need.

What's the difference between:

Use #nav-bar[iconsize='small'] (default) and Small buttons on navigation toolbar? The latter won't stay checked when Firefox is restarted.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Aris

Post by Aris »

tim712 wrote:...

Yes that's what I meant. I did use a clean profile.

Is it working now? Have you have any other add-ons installed on your clean profile?

Xetmes wrote:I see that CTR is reviewed on AMO, awesome, so now we can get dev builds auto-update :D
Awesome work Aris, cheers.

Add-on reviewers suggested it could be time for a full review. ;-)

Now I can share pres and betas over AMO servers.

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:...

Use #nav-bar[iconsize='small'] (default) and Small buttons on navigation toolbar? The latter won't stay checked when Firefox is restarted.

#nav-bar[iconsize='small'] and #nav-bar[iconsize='large'] is for full themes so themers can have large and small icon modes again. It has no effect on CTRs small button option. If you are on a theme, many non-compatible CTR options are hidden incl. small button option.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Aris wrote:
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:...

#nav-bar[iconsize='small'] and #nav-bar[iconsize='large'] is for full themes so themers can have large and small icon modes again. It has no effect on CTRs small button option. If you are on a theme, many non-compatible CTR options are hidden incl. small button option.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not using any theme(s). I just use the icons in CTB. Maybe I'm a little dense, why won't Small buttons on navigation toolbar stay checked? It did in previous versions. I'm not experiencing any difficulty with my icons, just the check box.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
mpopp75

Post by mpopp75 »

The update from CTR 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 reduced the gap between the icons in the navigation bar, rendering them rather ugly.

This is what it looked like with version 1.1.2 (which is perfect):

http://img.mpopp.net/ctr_112.png

And here is what they look like now with version 1.1.4:

http://img.mpopp.net/ctr_114.png

This is with Firefox Aurora 29.0a2 as of Feb. 22nd on Linux64.
Aris

Post by Aris »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:....

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not using any theme(s). I just use the icons in CTB. Maybe I'm a little dense, why won't Small buttons on navigation toolbar stay checked? It did in previous versions. I'm not experiencing any difficulty with my icons, just the check box.

Its a feature. ;-) The CTR option gets disabled automatically, because you are using CTB.
CTBs nav-bar styling is not compatible with CTRs small button view, but it doesn't have to be, because CTB has its own small button view, right?

Previously CTRs small button option stayed enabled but was ignored internally, when CTBs nav-bar button option was used, now its gets also unchecked. I probably should disable the checkbox as well for this case.

mpopp75 wrote:The update from CTR 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 reduced the gap between the icons in the navigation bar, rendering them rather ugly.

This is what it looked like with version 1.1.2 (which is perfect):

http://img.mpopp.net/ctr_112.png

And here is what they look like now with version 1.1.4:

http://img.mpopp.net/ctr_114.png

This is with Firefox Aurora 29.0a2 as of Feb. 22nd on Linux64.

Indeed your icons look a bit weird, but default ones look fine and you also have some extra spaces between.
In 1.1.3 margings and padding got reduced to the lowest possible value.

Here is how it should look:
1.1.3+

Maybe I could increase left and right margins by 1px to match previous spaces again.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Aris wrote:Its a feature. ;-) The CTR option gets disabled automatically, because you are using CTB. CTBs nav-bar styling is not compatible with CTRs small button view, but it doesn't have to be, because CTB has its own small button view, right?

Previously CTRs small button option stayed enabled but was ignored internally, when CTBs nav-bar button option was used, now its gets also unchecked. I probably should disable the checkbox as well for this case.

OK, it makes sense now. Not that it makes a difference, but in a future version, maybe you could hide the Small buttons on navigation toolbar pref if the user has CTB installed. Thanks for clearing this up for me. Sorry to be a nuisance. :roll:
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
greatlord

Post by greatlord »

Aris wrote:Is it working now? Have you have any other add-ons installed on your clean profile?

It seems that imTranslator completely breaks CTR. Even to the point that if you disable imTranslator, CTR will still be broken. I'm sorry if this is a known bug.
mpopp75

Post by mpopp75 »

Aris wrote:Maybe I could increase left and right margins by 1px to match previous spaces again.

That would be nice (if at least optional).
Aris

Post by Aris »

@tim712

"ImTranslator" should no be used on Fx29+. Even on a clean profile without any other add-on installed "ImTranslator" completely breaks Australis UI. Tested with clean empty profiles on latest Aurora and Nightly builds.

How to reproduce:
- setup clean profile
- run Aurora/Nightly
- install ImTranslator 7.6
- restart
--> toolbars are already corrupted.
- go to about:customizing and restore defaults
- restart
--> toolbars are corrupted again.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

Aris wrote:
StinDaWg wrote:Is there any chance you can adjust the sensitively of the clickable zones on the buttons? For instance, I have the back button placed on the top left edge of the browser window. When I want to go back I move the mouse to the very top left corner of the browser and quickly click it. This doesn't work like it did on regular Firefox. I have to move the mouse down a bit to get it to register. It seems like if the mouse cursor is placed directly on the edge of the icon it doesn't register. Same thing with the reload button. Have to move the mouse cursor down a fraction to get it to register. This isn't consistent with regular FF behavior.

I hope that made sense.

I assume your (back-forward) buttons are on tab toolbars left before the actual tabs and you are using Fx fullscreen mode, right? If not, please post a screenshot of your configuration.

If I move back-forward buttons to tab toolbars left in fullscreen mode, there is a small space between screen edge and them. Using the following code makes them accessible from top left corner for me.

Code: Select all

#ctr_back-forward-button {
 margin-left: -2px !important;
}

That didn't work, but this did.

Code: Select all

#ctr_back-forward-button {
margin-top: -1px !important;
}

Now the back/forward buttons look a bit too high compared to the rest of the icons, but it's the only way the top left corner works the same way as pre-australis. Also, this problem only occurs when you have "use small icons" checked. In regular mode I don't need any code to get proper behavior.

What's the code for stop/reload button, so I can get the same behavior?