[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Xetmes

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Xetmes »

Which Fx version was the last where home button was like this?

Until Australis i was able always to place home button on tab bar as tab, styling come from Stratirorm.
About difference, with home button i can open my home page in any active card if I need, now with home tab as app tab I'm forced to use only this one or fly on other end of tab bar to use home button :( Waste of time for me... ;)
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

Well, I wanted to test australis so as to be able to provide constructive input. However, really wanted Forecastfox to still work so needed to have an add-on bar. So really only wnated Austrlis defualts with the add-on bar. It was possible to do this with this add-on but would have ben easier with my suggestions. I am not at all sure there would not be others who are really trying to get used to Austrlis, but for some reason or other really can;t live with one or 2 of the changes. It would be better if there were a good way to use this add-on to easily use Australis defaults and revert a couple of changes. I think it it also useful for people who like one or more of the changes to run with the old defaults enabling parts of Australis that are actually useful.

It is kind of a this add-on seems to assume Austrlais is just change for change sake and has nothing useful to add.

My suggestion was to make an add-on assuming perhaps these things will take a bit of getting used to.

After all this add-on reverts things to the same things people complained about being garbage when Firefox4 changes were first introduced.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

The Forecastfox author is just going to have to finally update to support real toolbar buttons. I believe it is still relying on the statusbar shim that Mozilla left in Firefox 4.0 just to placate users of extensions that weren't updating properly. That was 2 1/2 years ago.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
oxtx

Post by oxtx »

on os x tabs look like windows/os x combined. not like non-australis firefox. hope this'll be fixed or can be easily edited via userchrome.css as well.

anyway thanks for your effort to saving firefox ui from stupid google chrome-ish ui.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

Thanks for the addon. I'm using the 11/22 build and have a few issues.

I'm using Custom Tab Width addon set to 1 to let tabs shrink indefinitely, so I don't have to scroll as much. However, combined with your addon the "X" close button is not actually on the current tab, but hovers over the tab next to it. This makes clicking on the next tab incredibly difficult without accidentally closing the tab that has focus. As you can see, the favicon is too far to the left of the tab as well.

Also, in fullscreen mode with "tabs not on top" selected, the min-max-close buttons are not on the top right where they should be, but rather on the bottom row with the tabs.

Hopefully this can be fixed, thanks again for your work!
Aris

Post by Aris »

Xetmes wrote:
Which Fx version was the last where home button was like this?

Until Australis i was able always to place home button on tab bar as tab, styling come from Stratirorm.
About difference, with home button i can open my home page in any active card if I need, now with home tab as app tab I'm forced to use only this one or fly on other end of tab bar to use home button :( Waste of time for me... ;)

Alright, you just need a way to style the home button like a tab. The button on tabs toolbar already works like it should without tab appearance.

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar #home-button{
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background: linear-gradient(to top, rgba(10%,10%,10%,.4) 1px, transparent 1px), linear-gradient(transparent, hsla(0,0%,45%,.1) 1px, hsla(0,0%,32%,.2) 80%, hsla(0,0%,0%,.2)),
           linear-gradient(-moz-dialog, -moz-dialog) !important;
  background-origin: border-box !important;
  background-position: 1px 2px !important;
  background-size: calc(100% - 2px) calc(100% - 3px) !important;
  background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
  border-width: 0px 3px 1px !important;
  border-style: solid !important;
  border-image: url(chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/tab.png) 0 3 0 fill repeat stretch !important;
  border-radius: 0 !important;
  background-image: linear-gradient(to top, #868d94 0px, transparent 1px),linear-gradient(to top,#b4c0cc,#c8d4e1,#d1deec) !important;
/*replace with this for non-aero theme*/
/*background-image: linear-gradient(to top, #676f76 0px, transparent 1px),linear-gradient(to top, #afaba5,#c0bdb6,#c9c6c0) !important;*/
}

#TabsToolbar #home-button:hover,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"]):hover:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
  background-image: linear-gradient(to top, #868d94 0px, transparent 1px),linear-gradient(to top,#d0dce8,#dce7f3,#e5effa) !important;
/*replace with this for non-aero theme*/
/*background-image: linear-gradient(to top, #676f76 0px, transparent 1px),linear-gradient(to top,#cbc7c1,#d5d2cc,#e1ded8) !important;*/
}

#home-button,
#home-button:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/Toolbar.png") !important;
}

oxtx wrote:on os x tabs look like windows/os x combined. not like non-australis firefox. hope this'll be fixed or can be easily edited via userchrome.css as well.

anyway thanks for your effort to saving firefox ui from stupid google chrome-ish ui.

I know, atm tabs are the same on every OS, but with different colors. Mac tabs were completely different from Windows/Linux tabs, so I haven't created them yet. Maybe this will happen later.

StinDaWg wrote:Thanks for the addon. I'm using the 11/22 build and have a few issues.

I'm using Custom Tab Width addon set to 1 to let tabs shrink indefinitely, so I don't have to scroll as much. However, combined with your addon the "X" close button is not actually on the current tab, but hovers over the tab next to it. This makes clicking on the next tab incredibly difficult without accidentally closing the tab that has focus. As you can see, the favicon is too far to the left of the tab as well.

Also, in fullscreen mode with "tabs not on top" selected, the min-max-close buttons are not on the top right where they should be, but rather on the bottom row with the tabs.

Hopefully this can be fixed, thanks again for your work!

This add-on is not fully compatible to Australis tabs either. Setting the value of "1" is a bit too low even 10 is too low.

You can wait until 'custom tab width' add-on gets updated or use this code Instead (disable 'cutom tab width' or any other scripts to shrink tabs):

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]){
  min-width: 32px !important;
  max-width: 32px !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab[selected]{
  min-width: 40px !important;
  max-width: 40px !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button{
  margin-left:-6px !important;
  margin-right:-6px !important;
}

The min, max, close buttons are hardcoded on tabs toolbar in fullscreen mode. I cannot change that.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

Thanks, that works pretty well for now. It's too bad they hardcoded the min-max-close buttons to the tabs toolbar. Visually it doesn't look right, and functionally it's wrong. I prefer to have the back/forward buttons on the top left so when I quickly move my mouse to the corner I can click back easily. Seems I can't have both in the correct spot now. Oh well. Tis Australis. ](*,)
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Aris wrote:
Drumbrake wrote:Just an observation:in my case,right-clicking on a toolbar icon to trigger the Customize popup (for icons that don't have their own menu) only works in the navigation bar,not on elements placed on the addon bar-is that how is supposed to be?

It definitely is just a (very) minor annoyance,I must say.

Next release will contain rightclick menu for custom addon-bar/additional toolbar and their buttons/items.

And that is fixed too,thanks a lot:it really was minor stuff,but I'm glad you managed to put this back too...
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Hey Aris, thank You for code working like charm.
From my observation, CTR was blocking placing home button as tab for some reason, I need to disable addon, place home button at tab bar and then enable CTR again, if I try to do that wiyh CTR enabled there was no option to do that, home button get "not allowed" sign and always return on previous place. Since I've workaround to solve problem not a big deal :)

Other thing, I think I've found small bug with stop/reload button (default one for australis), look at screen, I've catch this while load page, there is no "stop" button, I don't know if problem is on my or CTR side :)

And finally, thank You very much for styling code, awesome :D :D

EDIT
Never mind, latest dev version fix this for me, cheers.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Xetmes
CTR does and did nothing to home button. I was wondering why you didn't move it to tabs toolbar, but not being able to was probably caused by some "localstore.rdf" corruption or by another add-on.

@StinDaWg
Caption buttons have a id on tabs toolbar for fullscreen mode, but you can't do anything to them for no reason. Not even hiding (visibility:collapse) works for me.

If anyone wants to try: "#TabsToolbar .titlebar-placeholder", "#titlebar-placeholder-on-TabsToolbar-for-captions-buttons" are their ids/classes.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

@Aris
Yeah, I was also very surprised, when CTR was disabled home button move on tabbar without single problem. But now, things looks like suppose so for me problem is solved. Thanks.
thenitpicker

Post by thenitpicker »

@Aris , can you add this tab style : http://people.mozilla.org/~shorlander/b ... verlay.png ?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks for the update, Aris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

BTW-If you still have the Fx Menu Button, is anyone else seeing this? Under the Fx menu button, the highlight on mouse hover of items like Print, Web Developer, Bookmarks, History, Options and Help no longer reaches the highlighting on the arrows to their left.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

WildcatRay wrote:BTW-If you still have the Fx Menu Button, is anyone else seeing this? Under the Fx menu button, the highlight on mouse hover of items like Print, Web Developer, Bookmarks, History, Options and Help no longer reaches the highlighting on the arrows to their left.

confirmed, only seems to go a few pixels past the end of the 'text' does not extend to the 'arrow-button'.