[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Paul Allen

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Paul Allen »

Luana86 wrote:
EvilBMP wrote:Hi Aris, thanks for this great addon. I've activated the special setting "Tab bar: Double-click opens a new tab", which works fine but the address bar doesn't get focused after that. So you have to click in the address bar or press Ctrl + L to focus it. Could you please add the focus? Thanks in advance. I am using the current beta 1.1.19b18

Any news on this?

Version notes say it is changed in Beta 19. Beta 21 is current as of this writing.
BRebey

Post by BRebey »

First, thanks a million for the effort!

FF just updated itself to v29, and it's a train wreck on my Windows 7 x86 (Aero off) machine. Installed CTR to help, and it did help a good bit, but I've still got problems:

I use the "Vertical Tabs" add-in, and the tab heights don't work out very well; they overlap (see attached img). Can CTR fix this for me? I poked around the settings, but didn't find anything that seemed like it would help.

Also, Tab colors don't seem to have any effect. Any thoughts there?
http://rebey.com/BadFFTabs.png
level20peon

Post by level20peon »

Paul Allen wrote:
level20peon wrote:The standard function for opening new tabs (CTRL+T) focuses on the website instead of the awesomebar. I think that focusing the awesomebar - even though requested - makes the usability of firefox as a whole in combination with CTR inconsistent. So isn't it at least possible to add an option to focus the website instead of the awesomebar?

As a work-around, Tab Mix Plus it has an option that changes the focus back to the website. TMP seems to play well with CTR.

Which option are you referring to? If you are talking about the "Focus content when loading non blank page" option: it doesn't focus the website after opening a new tab via double-click.
mailboxman

Post by mailboxman »

Hello Aris. Good work on the add-on. Ever since I updated to Fx29 it's been hell trying to get the browser to look as it once was. I'm having trouble getting rid of a 2px bar underneath the tabs bar. It's there if the URL container is in the tabs bar. I tried disabling my userscript but it's still there. I know it's part of the #nav-bar attribute, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it. Are there any solutions?

The bar

The bar with userscript disabled
bigbunny

Post by bigbunny »

*** UPDATED: This is only happening on Vimeo. YouTube is fine. ***

==

I don't know if this has already been reported but I did try to search & find an answer. No luck.

I *love* this Add-On! So thank you. Here's my one issue.

When I go full-screen, the toolbar never disappears/hides. Is there a setting for that?

Thanks.

FULLSCREEN / FULL SCREEN / FULL-SCREEN:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bigbunny/14074102016/

***UPDATE ***

This is only happening on Vimeo. YouTube is fine. Unsure what that's about!
Paul Allen

Post by Paul Allen »

level20peon wrote:Which option are you referring to? If you are talking about the "Focus content when loading non blank page" option: it doesn't focus the website after opening a new tab via double-click.

That is the option I was referring to. For me, at least, it removes CTR's focus on the URL and allows the focus code in the webpages to process. It works on IHome.com, Yahoo, merriam-webster.com and others I have tried. Google ignores CTR without any help. All of the non-search type web pages I looked at don't seem to have a focus coded, no matter how they are opened, even with other browsers.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Aris,

I'd recommend you have this thread locked and start a new one in it's place. Threads over 100 pages become unwieldy and difficult to manage. Plus, now that Australis is "official" and the extension has had several version changes, the old info in this thread doesn't really help any more. Your call.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Aris

Post by Aris »

teodorgant wrote:
Aris wrote:Use Stylish instead of userChrome.css and always insert
/*AGENT_SHEET*/
into all your styles trying to override CTR settings or it won't work. Even then it may not always work.

Thank you for your response.
I added /* AGENT_SHEET */ and I used Stylish.
The codes now work, but unfortunately when I close and reopen Firefox codes not work. To run the codes again click disable style and click active style.

My codes...

Try this:

Code: Select all

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#main-window[fx31="true"] #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar #urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper,
#main-window[fx31="true"] #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar  #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper {
 -moz-padding-start: 0px !important; }

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsontop="false"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"]):not([pinned]) .tab-close-button:not(:hover) {
 -moz-image-region:rect(0px, 32px, 16px, 16px) !important;
  list-style-image: url("file:///path_to_image") !important; }

coyote2 wrote:
JethroB wrote:
coyote2 wrote:With 1.1.8 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/ was working perfectly well. Not so with 1.1.9beta21

Did you try the new Session Manager Version 0.8.1.2pre20140331b located at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ which was released for "Compatibility changes to work with Classic Theme Restorer add-on".

Thank you very much for your reply, JethroB. I didn't try the SM beta because so very many other things didn't work for me (by which I mean that everything disappeared from every toolbar [other than Bookmarks], and couldn't be added back because when I clicked Customize nothing at all happened) in 1.1.9beta21 so I went back to 1.1.8

Once again: ALL ids of ALL CTR items changed. This means after installing CTR, CTR does a full reset of your toolbar configuration (options are still fine).
You HAVE to move ALL items again to their previous location using customizing mode.
This is not because I want to fool with CTR users, but because I HAD TO change all ids. There is no way back. Of course you can still use 1.1.8 as long as it works.

roy192 wrote:When clicking on 'Web Developer' in the application menu (the one that opens when clicking the Firefox button in the left upper corner), it used to toggle the tools (just like ctrl+shift+I does). But now it opens some silly developer toolbar (which is completely useless to me).

Is there a way to change this back to 'toggle tools'? I don't like having to press ctrl+shift+I.

You are right. This will be changed.

Luana86 wrote:
EvilBMP wrote:Hi Aris, thanks for this great addon. I've activated the special setting "Tab bar: Double-click opens a new tab", which works fine but the address bar doesn't get focused after that. So you have to click in the address bar or press Ctrl + L to focus it. Could you please add the focus? Thanks in advance. I am using the current beta 1.1.19b18

Any news on this?

Its focused on recent betas.

gaberad2 wrote:Any chance of getting slight right tab border of default Australis tabs for the "Squared Tabs (australized)" option? Or is there some CSS tat can enable them?

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs[movingtab] > .tabbrowser-tab[beforeselected]:not([last-visible-tab])::after,
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not([afterselected-visible]):not([afterhovered]):not([first-visible-tab]):not(:hover)::before,
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs:not([overflow]) > .tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab]:not([selected]):not([beforehovered]):not(:hover)::after {
  background-image: url(chrome://browser/skin/tabbrowser/tab-separator.png) !important;
}

kukla wrote:Hi Aris, I've been doing some experimenting with the CSS you gave me to get more contrast and definition in the outlining of icons and buttons. When I tried your suggestion, which was
look for e.g. border-color: "hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) !important;"
Increase ".2" to ".7" for example.

I'm finding that any value other than ".2" causes the thin black outlining to disappear completely, or sometimes to just turn white.

What did provide a bit more contrast by making the items whiter to stand out more against the grey background was to change the value from .1 to .5 in the following
from

background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.1)padding-box !important;

to

background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.5) padding-box !important;

But I'm still wondering if it's possible to get the black outlining at the borders, which right now is extremely fine and light, to become somewhat heavier or thicker. Thanks for any further ideas.

Also, do you have any plans to get Classic Toolbar Buttons working for Mac? I think that might ultimately be the ideal solution.

hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) means white color with 10% opacity.
hsla(0,0%,0%,.3) means black color with 30% opacity.

Look here how you can adjust your colors, you started experimenting anyway. :mrgreen:
http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorhsla.html

Although I prefer rgba colors.

Ton3 wrote:Amazing work on this add on. More then likely the only reason I'm still using Firefox after update 29.

Any reason double clicking to open a new tab doesn't automatically enable you to type in the address bar?

Recent betas allow you that.

Lazy Jones wrote:Thank you, Aris. I've tried all three userChrome codes you have posted and one of them partially solved my problem. Quick reminder: the problem is/was about the line that goes from left to right, across whole Firefox window and is located just above an address bar. The line also "cuts off", actually goes through the top of some buttons i've put on navigation bar.

This line of code removes the bar, however, line is still visible when navigation bar is hidden.

#nav-bar { border-top:0px !important; box-shadow: none !important; }

Next line of code also removes the line, but it also completely hides the navigation bar and i can't get it back unless i remove the code from userChrome file.

#nav-bar { visibility:collapse !important; }

I'm using first line of code, but i would also like to have that line removed/hidden when navigation bar is hidden.

Thank you and all others who might come up with a solution.

Are you using some kind of autohiding code for nav-bar?
What about this one, it hides nav-bar top borders for me.

#nav-bar {
     border-top:0px !important;
     box-shadow: none !important;
   }

level20peon wrote:The standard function for opening new tabs (CTRL+T) focuses on the website instead of the awesomebar. I think that focusing the awesomebar - even though requested - makes the usability of firefox as a whole in combination with CTR inconsistent. So isn't it at least possible to add an option to focus the website instead of the awesomebar?

Not for me and like you see otherss also have asked about the urlbar focus.
CTRL+T and new tab button always open a new empty tab for me where the urlbar is focused, so it obviously makes sense to do the same for CTR.
But like Paul said TMP offers far more settings for clicking.

teodorgant wrote:
Aris wrote:Use Stylish instead of userChrome.css and always insert
/*AGENT_SHEET*/
into all your styles trying to override CTR settings or it won't work. Even then it may not always work.

Thank you for your response.
I added /* AGENT_SHEET */ and I used Stylish.
The codes now work, but unfortunately when I close and reopen Firefox codes not work. To run the codes again click disable style and click active style.

My codes:

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper,
#main-window[fx31="true"] #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper {

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsontop="false"] .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"]):not([pinned]) .tab-close-button:not(:hover) {

Try this:

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#main-window[fx31="true"] #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar #urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper,
#main-window[fx31="true"] #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar  #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper {

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsontop="false"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"]):not([pinned]) .tab-close-button:not(:hover) {

coyote2 wrote:
JethroB wrote:
coyote2 wrote:With 1.1.8 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/ was working perfectly well. Not so with 1.1.9beta21

Did you try the new Session Manager Version 0.8.1.2pre20140331b located at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ which was released for "Compatibility changes to work with Classic Theme Restorer add-on".

Thank you very much for your reply, JethroB. I didn't try the SM beta because so very many other things didn't work for me (by which I mean that everything disappeared from every toolbar [other than Bookmarks], and couldn't be added back because when I clicked Customize nothing at all happened) in 1.1.9beta21 so I went back to 1.1.8

Once again: ALL ids of ALL CTR items changed. This means after installing CTR, CTR does a full reset of your toolbar configuration (options are still fine).
You HAVE to move ALL items again to their previous location using customizing mode.
This is not because I want to fool with CTR users, but because I HAD TO change all ids. There is no way back. Of course you can still use 1.1.8 as long as it works.

roy192 wrote:When clicking on 'Web Developer' in the application menu (the one that opens when clicking the Firefox button in the left upper corner), it used to toggle the tools (just like ctrl+shift+I does). But now it opens some silly developer toolbar (which is completely useless to me).

Is there a way to change this back to 'toggle tools'? I don't like having to press ctrl+shift+I.

You are right. This will be changed.

Luana86 wrote:

Any news on this?

Its focused on recent betas.

gaberad2 wrote:Any chance of getting slight right tab border of default Australis tabs for the "Squared Tabs (australized)" option? Or is there some CSS tat can enable them?

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs[movingtab] > .tabbrowser-tab[beforeselected]:not([last-visible-tab])::after,
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not([afterselected-visible]):not([afterhovered]):not([first-visible-tab]):not(:hover)::before,
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs:not([overflow]) > .tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab]:not([selected]):not([beforehovered]):not(:hover)::after {
  background-image: url(chrome://browser/skin/tabbrowser/tab-separator.png) !important;
}

kukla wrote:Hi Aris, I've been doing some experimenting with the CSS you gave me to get more contrast and definition in the outlining of icons and buttons. When I tried your suggestion, which was
look for e.g. border-color: "hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) !important;"
Increase ".2" to ".7" for example.

I'm finding that any value other than ".2" causes the thin black outlining to disappear completely, or sometimes to just turn white.

What did provide a bit more contrast by making the items whiter to stand out more against the grey background was to change the value from .1 to .5 in the following
from

background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.1)padding-box !important;

to

background: hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,100%,.3), hsla(0,0%,100%,.5) padding-box !important;

But I'm still wondering if it's possible to get the black outlining at the borders, which right now is extremely fine and light, to become somewhat heavier or thicker. Thanks for any further ideas.

Also, do you have any plans to get Classic Toolbar Buttons working for Mac? I think that might ultimately be the ideal solution.

hsla(0,0%,100%,.1) means white color with 10% opacity.
hsla(0,0%,0%,.3) means black color with 30% opacity.

Look here how you can adjust your colors, you started experimenting anyway. :mrgreen:
http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorhsla.html

Although I prefer rgba colors.

Ton3 wrote:Amazing work on this add on. More then likely the only reason I'm still using Firefox after update 29.

Any reason double clicking to open a new tab doesn't automatically enable you to type in the address bar?

Recent betas allow you that.

Lazy Jones wrote:Thank you, Aris. I've tried all three userChrome codes you have posted and one of them partially solved my problem. Quick reminder: the problem is/was about the line that goes from left to right, across whole Firefox window and is located just above an address bar. The line also "cuts off", actually goes through the top of some buttons i've put on navigation bar.

This line of code removes the bar, however, line is still visible when navigation bar is hidden.

#nav-bar { border-top:0px !important; box-shadow: none !important; }

Next line of code also removes the line, but it also completely hides the navigation bar and i can't get it back unless i remove the code from userChrome file.

#nav-bar { visibility:collapse !important; }

I'm using first line of code, but i would also like to have that line removed/hidden when navigation bar is hidden.

Thank you and all others who might come up with a solution.

Are you using some kind of autohiding code for nav-bar?
What about this one, it hides nav-bar top borders for me.

#nav-bar {
   }

Not for me and like you see otherss also have asked about the urlbar focus.
CTRL+T and new tab button always open a new empty tab for me where the urlbar is focused, so it obviously makes sense to do the same for CTR.
But like Paul said TMP offers far more settings for clicking.

BRebey wrote:First, thanks a million for the effort!

FF just updated itself to v29, and it's a train wreck on my Windows 7 x86 (Aero off) machine. Installed CTR to help, and it did help a good bit, but I've still got problems:

I use the "Vertical Tabs" add-in, and the tab heights don't work out very well; they overlap (see attached img). Can CTR fix this for me? I poked around the settings, but didn't find anything that seemed like it would help.

Also, Tab colors don't seem to have any effect. Any thoughts there?
http://rebey.com/BadFFTabs.png

Use default Australis tabs in CTR, so "Vertical Tabs" add-on can use own tabs properly.

level20peon wrote:
Paul Allen wrote:

As a work-around, Tab Mix Plus it has an option that changes the focus back to the website. TMP seems to play well with CTR.

Which option are you referring to? If you are talking about the "Focus content when loading non blank page" option: it doesn't focus the website after opening a new tab via double-click.

Install latest beta.

How can this option be so popular...? :P

mailboxman wrote:Hello Aris. Good work on the add-on. Ever since I updated to Fx29 it's been hell trying to get the browser to look as it once was. I'm having trouble getting rid of a 2px bar underneath the tabs bar. It's there if the URL container is in the tabs bar. I tried disabling my userscript but it's still there. I know it's part of the #nav-bar attribute, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it. Are there any solutions?

The bar

The bar with userscript disabled

Tabs bottom area looks ugly, if you remove the 2px line, but you can try it yourself:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
   #main-window:not([customizing]) #nav-bar{
     min-height:0px !important;
     height:0px !important;
     max-height:0px !important;
   }

bigbunny wrote:*** UPDATED: This is only happening on Vimeo. YouTube is fine. ***

==

I don't know if this has already been reported but I did try to search & find an answer. No luck.

I *love* this Add-On! So thank you. Here's my one issue.

When I go full-screen, the toolbar never disappears/hides. Is there a setting for that?

Thanks.

FULLSCREEN / FULL SCREEN / FULL-SCREEN:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bigbunny/14074102016/

Does this happen for anybody else?
I will check this.

***UPDATE ***

This is only happening on Vimeo. YouTube is fine. Unsure what that's about!

smsmith wrote:Aris,

I'd recommend you have this thread locked and start a new one in it's place. Threads over 100 pages become unwieldy and difficult to manage. Plus, now that Australis is "official" and the extension has had several version changes, the old info in this thread doesn't really help any more. Your call.

This is a good idea. Could you lock the thread right now after my post, so I can add a link to the new one right after I created it?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Locking per Aris' request. Stay tuned for link to new thread.

The new thread is located here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2827985
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.