[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Reflective

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Reflective »

Aris wrote:Sorry, I don't share other payment methods than Paypal.

You could register a Paypal account, thats easy and doesn't cost you anything.
You will need it for sure one day when you order something on the net.

Unfortunately, where I live which is in the Netherlands, it's not that simple.

Also, with our giral banking system, net purchases are performed via the bank's website which makes buying anything over the Internet a piece of cake. Therefore, the US Paypal system is superfluous to our needs.

However, I respect your decision and wish you the best for the future.
isidroco

Post by isidroco »

Is there a way to put the toolbar UNDER the windows bar as all the rest of the regular programs? Otherwise it is difficult, or even imposible to move the window if it is too narrow. Thanks.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Anon-E-Mouse wrote:Many thanks for this much needed addon. This is pretty much essential after the abomination that is Australis. However I do have an issue.

I run Win 7, using the Windows Classic Theme. (if it makes any difference).

FF28 had the large orange application button in top left of the titlebar.
FF29 moved that to a small white button on a toolbar, next to the 'hamburger' menu button.

Regardless of any settings in CTR, I can't get the application button back onto the titlebar. Even when selecting titlebar, it stays in the toolbar.

Am I missing something obvious?

I think you need to set CTR's Options>Main>Application button to "Button on titlebar", restart the browser to make sure the option change is completed and then you may have to use "Customize..." to place the Application button on the titlebar.

It is also possible that you may have to Restore Defaults after doing the above so that the Application button will show up on the Customize... pallet so you can then place it on the titlebar.

Hope this helps.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Anon-E-Mouse

Post by Anon-E-Mouse »

WildcatRay wrote:I think you need to set CTR's Options>Main>Application button to "Button on titlebar", restart the browser to make sure the option change is completed and then you may have to use "Customize..." to place the Application button on the titlebar.

It is also possible that you may have to Restore Defaults after doing the above so that the Application button will show up on the Customize... pallet so you can then place it on the titlebar.

I've tried that multiple times on both PC's, and no joy. If I Customise, it show's a gap where the button should be.. but it's not there, and the new colourless button is still on the toolbar.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Did you try as well as with a brand new profile?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
jmgau

Post by jmgau »

Hi

I do have the same problem as above and I found what happens.

First I use Windows 8. All my tabs are at the bottom of my browser. I use a plugin to do it.
I can see the firefox button (I checked the "Button on titlebar" and also turned on "menu bar".
If I turn off the "menu bar" the firefox button and also the minimize and restore and x button, they all go behind the address bar.
So if I want to see the firefox button (and the minimize and close button) I have to turn on the menu bar.
I don't like the menu bar and for now it is the only solution

Thanks for your time
naix

Post by naix »

Is it possible to make the location bar resizable?

http://i.imgur.com/qHHFRu8.png

What I'm doing right now to resize it is place the search bar next to it, which makes it resizable, then remove the search bar again.
However when shrinking the window to a specific size, the bookmarks will suddenly disappear and the location bar takes up all the space.
Last edited by smsmith on May 1st, 2014, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed image tags because the image size was breaking forum layout - smsmith/moderator
secretagentmoof

Post by secretagentmoof »

Is it possible to get "Show all tabs"/alltabs-button to not disappear when you fall below some minimum total tab width? It looks like that might be controlled in tabmokcolor.css where it's listed as !important, but I know neither diddly nor jack about xul/css customization.
icefoxer

Post by icefoxer »

@Aris
There is no "Character Encoding" entry in the app button menu.
Could you rebuild the charsetMenu.label in CTR?
Character Encoding entry in firefox 28
http://i.imgur.com/Uugjf2D.jpg
usernameistoolong

Post by usernameistoolong »

Is there a way to remove the fading or fog effects from the tabs and corners of the screen?
KaosAD

Post by KaosAD »

Aris, I just want to thank you for all your hard work, between CTR & CTB and a few Stylish snippets Firefox feels like the good old days or even better.

http://s13.postimg.org/tv23hgxrr/CTR_CTB.jpg
imagur
Last edited by smsmith on May 1st, 2014, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed image tags because the image size was breaking forum layout - smsmith/moderator
Naishee

Post by Naishee »

I have a couple of problems with Classic Theme Restorer. First, for some reason I don't quite grasp, the grey behind whatever the toolbar I use for forward/backward/stop/reload/bookmarkitems" has a grey background lighter than all the other backgrounds. I have looked and have no idea how to fix this. I don't know whether this is a problem with Classic Theme Restorer ornot, but it is definitely something it should fix.

Second, the "show icons and text" settings seriously break things. First, the star I use in the URL-bar (for bookmarking) gets some text under it, making it very VERY ugly and unusuable. More importantly, it doesn't play nice with AdBlock+, the most used of all FF addons. I have it on a bar at the bottom, and for some reason using icons and text increases the size of it hugely, making the bar almost twice as high as it needs to be.

Third, although this addon says it adds a status bar, it doesn't work if you have your tab bar at the bottom, below the "main" window. I've done this since the beginning of time, courtesy of TabMix +, but Classic Theme Restorer doesn't let me put anything on the status bar with TabMix+, which absurdly forced me to DL a separate add-on to get the status bar back [New Add-On Bar 0.22].
Daniel4131

Post by Daniel4131 »

Can you please...

1. Remove the 2 black vertical lines on the left and right side of the screen that appears when you choose 'tabs on bottom'?
2. Add a moveable Reload/Refresh button or at least one placed on the left side of the screen next to my Home and Back/Forward buttons.
pikabot

Post by pikabot »

This extension ha sbeen a godsend to return my browser to a functional state. I have one question, though: I've made use of the tabs-at-bottom option, as all sane and rational people will. But I find now that the tab bar no longer has any kind of border insulating it from the page content, so the tabs and the page bleed together in a way I find most irritating. is there any way to fix this?
r543

Post by r543 »

Thanks for making this Addon.

The new firefox doesn't have the small icon:
Can you please add that or add a space so that the new tab text isn't on the left side ?