[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
level20peon

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by level20peon »

Is it possible to get inverted toolbar icons? I tried to css the #ctraddon_bookmarks-button, #ctraddon_history-button, #ctraddon_back-forward-button / #ctraddon_back-button, #ctraddon_forward-button for an hour with all possible permutations now... without success. I then read about a hack which requires to update the .png images inside the xpi archive directly. Only the inverted icon for the bookmark sidebar can be edited this way, no chance for the other three buttons mentioned above.
I am using the small toolbar icons on a transparent toolbar by the way.

Another thing that I think needs to be addressed is the option "Special -> Special tweaks -> Tabs toolbar: double click opens a 'new' tab (using browser.newtab.url)". After activating this option and setting up "browser.newtab.url" it indeed behaves as expected to some degree: It opens a new tab using the set up URL on double-clicking the tab-bar. However, after loading this new tab, the focus moves to the awesomebar (unexpected) instead of the website that gets loaded (expected). Is that working as intended? If so, could you add an option to have the browser focus the website instead of the awesomebar?
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Don't forget to test event.button on click events. Just one example of why this is important: Currently, double-clicking the tabs toolbar with ANY button opens a new tab (when the associated option is enabled, of course), which means a tab could erroneously be opened when quickly closing multiple tabs via middle-click.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
dohanin

Cleartype problem

Post by dohanin »

I noticed an issue with cleartype rendering in tab's text.

WIth the squared tab style, the rendering is correct, using subpixels.

However, with curved tabs, the rendering is not correct, using whole pixel.

Any idea if this is fixable?
Last edited by dohanin on May 1st, 2014, 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
kukla

Post by kukla »

KaosAD wrote:Aris, I just want to thank you for all your hard work, between CTR & CTB and a few Stylish snippets Firefox feels like the good old days or even better.

http://s13.postimg.org/tv23hgxrr/CTR_CTB.jpg

Hi KaosAD, can you please say what "Stylish snippets" you used? I'm especially interested in whatever you did that puts your icons and buttons inside the boxes I'm seeing on your screenshot. Aris has kindly given me some code which does that in userContent.css, but the contrast could be stronger, as with what you appear to have done.
Last edited by smsmith on May 1st, 2014, 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed image tags because the image size was breaking forum layout - smsmith/moderator
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

gaberad2 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Is anyone else who has removed the hamburger button and divider to its left from the nav bar seeing both reappear on a cold start of the browser as well as find it not removable when opening up the Customize... dialog?

I also noticed this after updating to the latest CTR beta. When you try to remove the hamburger off the toolbar the customize interface closes.

I was having this. Don't know if it's fixed or not.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
laprupio

Post by laprupio »

Great extension!

1. One thing which looks a little off is the on-tab-load-indicator (dunno whats the correct name :wink: ):
    The loading bar on top of the tab, i think it should be 2-3 px to the top and 3-5 px to the left, can i move it through userChrome.css?

2. Would be nice to have an extra option to restore the pre-australis "empty favicon placeholder" (see: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... y-favicon/)
    Only 2 css changes needed:

Code: Select all

.tab-icon-image:not([src]):not([pinned]){
    display:block !important;
    }

.tab-throbber:not([busy]),
    .tab-throbber[busy] + .tab-icon-image:not([src]):not([pinned]){
        display:none !important;
    }

3. The RequestPolicy addon has 2 icons which can be added to the addon-bar. One shows the "red flag" correctly, but has no hover/mouse over effect. (on the left side of the picture) The other one has the hover effect, but doesnt change its color. Dunno which one i had before in the addon-bar, but it had the mouseover effect and the right color :wink: Maybe its a problem of RequestPolicy?
multy7

Post by multy7 »

In classic Firefox you could add as many additional bars as you wanted. Can you add this option again?
Str0ngwun

Post by Str0ngwun »

Bug Report: if there are too many tabs on the tab-bar - Firefox adds scroll buttons to the tab-bar.
If the option '[Special] > [Special tweaks] > [Tabs toolbar: double click opens a 'new' tab (using browser.newtab.url)' in CTR is enabled - double clicking on the above mentioned buttons results into opening a new tab.
The very same bug happens when double-clicking '#alltabs-button'.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

Strong One, you can hold down left click to work the arrows. They will scroll for as long as you hold the click.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
kukla

Post by kukla »

Aris, I am still unable to make a donation. Please see my earlier post about this on P. 96.
KaosAD

Post by KaosAD »

kukla wrote:
KaosAD wrote:Aris, I just want to thank you for all your hard work, between CTR & CTB and a few Stylish snippets Firefox feels like the good old days or even better.

http://s13.postimg.org/tv23hgxrr/CTR_CTB.jpg

Hi KaosAD, can you please say what "Stylish snippets" you used? I'm especially interested in whatever you did that puts your icons and buttons inside the boxes I'm seeing on your screenshot. Aris has kindly given me some code which does that in userContent.css, but the contrast could be stronger, as with what you appear to have done.

@kukla, for the boxes I used CTB, Classic Toolbar Buttons by Aris. If you're interested in anything else just message me, don't want to clutter up the thread.

@smsmith, sorry about that, evidently the link postimg.org provided was for the image, I wasn't paying attention and assumed it was just a link.
Last edited by KaosAD on May 1st, 2014, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lazy Jones

Post by Lazy Jones »

Life saving addon. Thank you very much for taking the time to create it and maintain it.

With that being said, i do have a question about one display bug. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove a line located just above an address bar? I'm using CTR 1.1.9 beta20 with CTB 1.4.0 beta9.

Line is best visible when navigation bar is hidden.

Edit: I removed the pictures as instructed because they put a heavy load on the forum layout
Last edited by Lazy Jones on May 1st, 2014, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Was fixed with beta .19 (had same issue with beta .18)
PimpUigi wrote:
gaberad2 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Is anyone else who has removed the hamburger button and divider to its left from the nav bar seeing both reappear on a cold start of the browser as well as find it not removable when opening up the Customize... dialog?

I also noticed this after updating to the latest CTR beta. When you try to remove the hamburger off the toolbar the customize interface closes.

I was having this. Don't know if it's fixed or not.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Lazy Jones wrote:With that being said, i do have a question about one display bug. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove a line located just above an address bar? I'm using CTR 1.1.9 beta20 with CTB 1.4.0 beta9.

check options of beta .20. if not help, try stylish

Code: Select all

#nav-bar,
#navigator-toolbox,
#PersonalToolbar,
#TabsToolbar,
#bookmarksPanel,
#browser-bottombox,
#ctr_extra-bar,
#ctraddon_addon-bar,
#ctraddon_extra-bar,
#status4evar-status-bar
{
  -moz-appearance: -moz-win-glass !important;
  border: 0 !important;
  background: transparent !important;
  box-shadow: none !important;
}

BTW peoples - please stop posting large images, use an image hoster instead, otherwise forum layout will explode :roll:
ofc Lazy Jones, you are meant too.
Lazy Jones

Post by Lazy Jones »

Thank you Brummelchen for helping me out.

I've checked options inside beta 20 but to no avail. I cannot remove the line.

I've put your code inside the userChrome file and it removes the line when navigation bar is not hidden. If you hide it, line is still present. I understand that i wont surf with navigation bar hidden but i was wondering what is causing it, beta version of CTR or something else? Is anyone else experiencing this display error?

P.S. I removed the pictures and left a short explantion of a problem.