[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
juanj78

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by juanj78 »

Hi Arris, are you able to look at my suggestions?

//
- Is it possible to put the Firefox button in the title bar?
- Or display the same way as the purple 'mask' button as in 'private' browsing mode?
- Possible to let the tabs look it bit more like pre australis?
//
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Aris wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
Drumbrake wrote:I've seen that icons added to the addon bar look a bit smaller than usual,actually it looks like (but I may be wrong) the whole addon bar is slightly thinner:can it be made just a bit taller,perhaps manually tweaking the relevant part of the extension code?

Another thing I've sees is that custom spacers (fixed width,not the flexible ones) take a whole lot of space once dragged on the addon bar,if placed at the outmost left/right edge of it,they push the icons significantly towards the center.

I can upload a screenshot later,if needed for clarification.

I have already posted an image link that shows the addon bar issue (plus others that I have already commented on elsewhere) here.

Are buttons still sqeezed on last devbuild?

I will try later today and report back-thank you.
Aris

Post by Aris »

marty60 wrote:
That code only changed the color of the Tabbar background but not the background color of the buttons on the tabbar, that's still yellow. Would you know offhand what code I could use to change that as well?

Thanks for the code, it makes things easier, I'll add it for WinXp on next release.

Toolbar buttons on tabs toolbar were are like this on non-Australis builds too.

Try this:

#TabsToolbar .toolbarbutton-1{
background:none !important;
}

Xetmes wrote:Hey Aris, first, thanks for update :)

Is there any way to set radius for app button to 0, I've look in xpi, but I don't know how You have set radius there or I've look in wrong place :D

#ctr_appbutton,
#ctr_appbutton2{
border-radius: 0px !important;
}

juanj78 wrote:- Is it possible to put the Firefox button in the title bar?

Only on Windows.

juanj78 wrote:- Or display the same way as the purple 'mask' button as in 'private' browsing mode?

I will have to look into this first.

juanj78 wrote:- Possible to let the tabs look it bit more like pre australis?

On latest dev builds the colors come closer to what they were on pre-Astralis Mac versions. Tab appearance is based on Windows tabs, so for now they will stay that way.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Thank You very much, cheers :D
juanj78

Post by juanj78 »

Yes, thank you Arris, will look forward to it.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:Try this:

background:none !important;
}

That code didn't work but this did:

background-color: -moz-Dialog

!important; }

Everything looks good now, thanks for your help.

One other tweak I made was in tabs_squared, changing ".tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox > .arrowscrollbox-scrollbox" {
-moz-padding-end: from 0 to 28px.

The reason was that I have a lot of tabbar buttons and when using squared tabs only opening three tabs forced the scroll arrows to show but changing it from 0 to 28px lets me have as many tabs open as I want without the scroll arrows.
BananasGoMoo

Post by BananasGoMoo »

@Aris

in older firefox versions, if you put the reload and cancel buttons next to each other they would merge. is there a way to do it on your addon yet?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Look at the dev builds in first post.

@marty60: Still would be good to see how they looked on your system. Want to share a screenshot? :mrgreen:
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Drumbrake wrote:
Aris wrote:

Are buttons still sqeezed on last devbuild?

I will try later today and report back-thank you.

The addon bar is now taller,and icons placed on it no longer look squeezed ;) using the last dev build 1.0.0.20131120a -thank you.

On the other hand,every spacer (flexible or fixed-width) and even separator eventually placed on the addon bar still takes too much space,wedging icons too far apart.

Screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/WzNkXhX.png

Two quick notes:there's a typo in the customization palette (Seperator instead of Separator) and the md5sum/sha1sum for the extension do match,but on my system they are printed in lower case letters after calculation (09b68e58ce9092ed12ae454c28271ebf) whilst the checksum listed in the first message of this thread are in upper case.
Last edited by Drumbrake on November 20th, 2013, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edds

Post by Edds »

Aris wrote:
Edds wrote:I have a small suggestion. It's about tweaking appearance for hovering over buttons and pressing buttons (don't know how to explain) on toolbar for better pre-australis feel. However it's not so important.

Lets hear. You also can use Classic Toolbar Buttons 1.3.3pre builds to restore pre-Fx13 buttons.

yes, but pre-Fx13 is a little bit odd for me, I don't need these visible "squares" around buttons... maybe is time to make another option in Toolbar button icons - main icon style for "pre-Fx28" or something like that...
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
BananasGoMoo

Post by BananasGoMoo »

Aris wrote:Look at the dev builds in first post.

thanks!
Aris

Post by Aris »

marty60 wrote:Here's a screenshot:

http://postimg.org/image/3pm6qd7yz/

You were talking about caption buttons min, max and close, right? Which add-on lets you move them there?

Drumbrake wrote:...
On the other hand,every spacer (flexible or fixed-width) and even separator eventually placed on the addon bar still takes too much space,wedging icons too far apart.

Screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/WzNkXhX.png

Two quick notes:there's a typo in the customization palette (Seperator instead of Separator) and the md5sum/sha1sum for the extension do match,but on my system they are printed in lower case letters after calculation (09b68e58ce9092ed12ae454c28271ebf) whilst the checksum listed in the first message of this thread are in upper case.

I'll fix this isses on next update. Seems too much usage of 'copy&paste' made all items flex by default.

Show letters in upper case was predefined in Hashtab, but I can switch to lower case next time.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:You were talking about caption buttons min, max and close, right? Which add-on lets you move them there?

That and the background just to the right of the tabs where there's some buttons. The code from above fixed the buttons background.

The caption button has remained yellow but I don't mind that so much. It's related to the KrickelKrackel autohide addon and was normally on the Navigation bar but Australis moved it to the Tabbar and with your addon moving that back to the bottom the caption buttons went with it. I'd prefer to have it back on the Nav bar but I figured that's probably up to the other developer to fix if he chooses to. I'm just glad at this point to have most of the old Firefox UI back.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

I just installed the latest dev version. Is the crowded appearance of the icons in the addon bar part of the "all items flex by default" issue you mention above?

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8994/pir0.png
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi