[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
post2forum

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by post2forum »

Aris I just restored a session with 28 tabs, which is exactly 4 rows of 7, and since I have four rows set to show in Tab Mix Plus I can see every tab. I noticed extra space below the four rows. This is a screenshot from 0220a but it is not reproducible here. I tried in 0214a as well but couldn't reproduce. I'm not sure why it happened that time, strange.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

Is there any chance you can adjust the sensitively of the clickable zones on the buttons? For instance, I have the back button placed on the top left edge of the browser window. When I want to go back I move the mouse to the very top left corner of the browser and quickly click it. This doesn't work like it did on regular Firefox. I have to move the mouse down a bit to get it to register. It seems like if the mouse cursor is placed directly on the edge of the icon it doesn't register. Same thing with the reload button. Have to move the mouse cursor down a fraction to get it to register. This isn't consistent with regular FF behavior.

I hope that made sense.
mackeev

Post by mackeev »

StinDaWg wrote:Is there any chance you can adjust the sensitively of the clickable zones on the buttons? For instance, I have the back button placed on the top left edge of the browser window.

Use MileWideBack extension for going back and forward.
Aris

Post by Aris »

post2forum wrote:Thanks I tried 0220a and scroll tabs seems to be working. I did notice one weird thing in both 0214a and 0220a which is when I close out the last tab on a row, or I session restore, the rows above appear half up half down. They easily snap back though the next time I scroll up or down. For example when I installed 0220a I had to restart, and when I did Firefox restored my tabs but here's what it looked like:

I noticed this too. Seems TMPs multirow for Australis ui needs to have a specific tab height to always work correctly. Are these squared tabs v2 on you screenshot? If not, try using them.

dsmith wrote:
Aris wrote:Btw. pre-Australis Firefox never offered a appbutton for the titlebar while page title was visible there.

For clarity:

Pre-Australis I had an extension that put the title text in the titlebar, next to the app button (tabs on bottom).
With Australis upgrade, I installed CTR, and ended up with the title text showing up twice next to the app button. Removed older extension since it seemed CTR handled this automatically.

Thus I expected that the title text would show up again when I reverted to that mode after other config experiments. That is, if app button is in the titlebar, and tabs are not on top (because if they were on top, they'd also be in the titlebar in order for the app button to show up), title text would also show up in the titlebar.

Thanks for explanation.

itisomegakai wrote:@Aris

new option: squared tabs v2 *
looks great kudos man.
but the nav bar looks looks odd now as it looks big(even with use small nav+buttons)
Can the nav bar be also made smaller like navbar samll v2?

Edit:
Feedback
1. TMP progress Meter is not shown
2.Width of tabs should be a tad bit less(should be smaller and compact like tab height)

"nav bar looks looks odd now"
This is a Win8+ glitch and will be fixed soon.

"small navbar v2"
Navigation toolbar already has the smallest possible height in small button mode (on Windows at least) without breaking tabs or urlbar, but you can try it yourself, by experimenting with this code (while on small button view):

Code: Select all

#nav-bar {
    height:28px !important;
}

You may reduce size about 1px by using 27px, but thats it. Any lower value breaks something (26 - buttons, 25 - urlbar...).

"TMP progress Meter is not shown"
I will fix this one on next build.

Width of tabs should be a tad bit less
Nope. On windows squared tabs v2 and v1 have identical sizes (if not on TMPs multirow). Changing their width to 250 inside CTRs settings make their size to match pre-Australis tabs.
If the size does not match for you, you are probably using other tab settings in TMP or somewhere else. Try a clean profile.

post2forum wrote:Aris I just restored a session with 28 tabs, which is exactly 4 rows of 7, and since I have four rows set to show in Tab Mix Plus I can see every tab. I noticed extra space below the four rows. This is a screenshot from 0220a but it is not reproducible here. I tried in 0214a as well but couldn't reproduce. I'm not sure why it happened that time, strange.

TMPs multirow is very unstable in some cases. I'm not sure I can change anything about that.

StinDaWg wrote:Is there any chance you can adjust the sensitively of the clickable zones on the buttons? For instance, I have the back button placed on the top left edge of the browser window. When I want to go back I move the mouse to the very top left corner of the browser and quickly click it. This doesn't work like it did on regular Firefox. I have to move the mouse down a bit to get it to register. It seems like if the mouse cursor is placed directly on the edge of the icon it doesn't register. Same thing with the reload button. Have to move the mouse cursor down a fraction to get it to register. This isn't consistent with regular FF behavior.

I hope that made sense.

I assume your (back-forward) buttons are on tab toolbars left before the actual tabs and you are using Fx fullscreen mode, right? If not, please post a screenshot of your configuration.

If I move back-forward buttons to tab toolbars left in fullscreen mode, there is a small space between screen edge and them. Using the following code makes them accessible from top left corner for me.

#ctr_back-forward-button {
 margin-left: -2px !important;
}
itisomegakai

Post by itisomegakai »

@Aris
i meant was the height is reduced hence width should be reduced to look nice & same,
right now tabs look too wide(also try more than 10 tabs at once)
Thanks for explanation & Fix
:)
Aris

Post by Aris »

@itisomegakai
Sorry, I still don't get what you trying to say.

This add-on restores tabs to what they were before Australis.
Tab height of CTRs squared tabs match tab height of default pre-Australis tabs at least on Windows.

If you want to see more tabs before tab scroll buttons appear, try CTRs 54px value for tab min-width.
Quicksaver

Post by Quicksaver »

Aris wrote:Another thing I came across while testing TPP with CTR:
After disabling TPP (and restarting Fx) CTRs add-on bar is full of flexible spaces (which were not there before). Any idea what causes this?

I had noticed that before, but at the time I thought that it was just a few flexible spaces that weren't migrated from CTR's bar for some reason, or that I had put there and just forgot, and ignored it. I'll look into it and let you know.
Quicksaver

Post by Quicksaver »

Quicksaver wrote:
After disabling TPP (and restarting Fx) CTRs add-on bar is full of flexible spaces (which were not there before). Any idea what causes this?

I had noticed that before, but at the time I thought that it was just a few flexible spaces that weren't migrated from CTR's bar for some reason, or that I had put there and just forgot, and ignored it. I'll look into it and let you know.

Well, seems like I can't reproduce this anymore. After numerous restarts, enables, disables and resets, it's not adding the flexible spaces like that. Could it have been some kind of leftover misconfiguration from a previous version (of either add-on or even firefox itself, since they keep changing it)?
Quicksaver

Post by Quicksaver »

Quicksaver wrote:
Quicksaver wrote:

Well, seems like I can't reproduce this anymore. After numerous restarts, enables, disables and resets, it's not adding the flexible spaces like that. Could it have been some kind of leftover misconfiguration from a previous version (of either add-on or even firefox itself, since they keep changing it)?

Ah, it's an overlook on my part. Basically, when it migrates from CTR's add-on bar to TPP's or vice-versa, the special widgets like the flexible space aren't actually removed from the first bar. So on every enable/disable cycle, it ends up doubling those things. I'll fix that.

By the way, I noticed you're still using a ctr_flexible_space menuitem in your defaultset. Couldn't you replace that with a regular toolbarspring element to be consistent with the rest of the customize dialog? Because if you remove that flexible space to the palette, you'll end up with two flexible space widgets there.

EDIT: it actually only doubles that ctr_flexible_space. I already fixed that locally, but if you replace that with a normal toolbarspring element, it will fix it as well. :)
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Quicksaver
Thanks for the hint. I removed CTRs last two 'ctr_flexible_space_xx' items and replaced them with current springs. Hitting 'restore defaults' adds clean springs where they belong. Previous glitch is gone using TPP 1.2.2b1.

This change didn't make it into CTR 1.1.3, but it will be on next dev build and in 1.1.4 final one day.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tps5 ... r_test.xpi
Quicksaver

Post by Quicksaver »

Aris wrote:@Quicksaver
Thanks for the hint. I removed CTRs last two 'ctr_flexible_space_xx' items and replaced them with current springs. Hitting 'restore defaults' adds clean springs where they belong. Previous glitch is gone using TPP 1.2.2b1.

This change didn't make it into CTR 1.1.3, but it will be on next dev build and in 1.1.4 final one day.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tps5 ... r_test.xpi

Thanks for the quick fix. BTW, you can use "spring" directly in the defaultset's, you don't need to specificy "customizableui-special-springXX", the system will automatically interpret "spring" and create the necessary elements with unique ids. I just modified your test xpi with

CustomizableUI.registerArea("ctr_addon-bar", {
  [...]
  defaultPlacements: ["ctr_addonbar-close","spring"]
});

CustomizableUI.registerArea("ctr_extra-bar", {
  [...]
  defaultPlacements: ["spring"]
});
and

<toolbar id="ctr_addon-bar"
             [...]
             defaultset="ctr_addonbar-close,spring">
<toolbar id="ctr_extra-bar"
             [...]
             defaultset="spring">
and gave it a go to make sure; works fine. ;)

I also finished adding support for your status bar feature into my local build, I'll post a beta tomorrow so you can try it if you want, to make sure it doesn't break anything.

And with your test xpi, the issue with the green puzzle piece appearing behind the add-on bar no longer happened. Then I began writing this post, and it started happening again... And my previous temporary CSS fix didn't work anymore. I spent the better part of an hour figuring out why it was happening and exactly what part of CTR was causing it, as it never seems to happen without CTR. And now, out of the blue, it doesn't happen anymore... ](*,) I'll try to figure it out tomorrow, as if I go any further today, this will happen (OBSCENE LANGUAGE WARNING :roll: ): http://9gag.com/gag/anYQ4wB
post2forum

Post by post2forum »

I upgraded to 0221. I noticed two other things re multi row tabs. This is regardless of whether squared or squared v2.

Sometimes the tab scroll arrows are missing.. the < > arrows on the right side. I can coax them back by going to customize and then exiting customize without doing anything.

Also if I am at the last tabs, for example I've scrolled down to the last tabs, the > is still black and not disabled (it should be because there is no further to scroll down). If I click the > it moves the tabs up just a little bit leaving padding space at the bottom.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Hi Aris,

I just installed CTR 1.1.3 and the Star Button in Url Bar doesn't show when CTB 1.3.7 is enabled. I have it checked in the CTR options. If I disable CTB, the Star returns. Also, Small buttons on navigation bar won't stay checked. BTW, thanks for the throbber option!

Griz

--Edit--

Playing around with CTB I find that selecting Toolbar Buttons->Main Icons Style, anything but Default (Application/Theme/Add-on) hides the Star. I'm using Firefox 1 style. By selecting Default (Application/Theme/Add-on), the Star appears but is crammed into the dropdown arrow.

Last edited by L.A.R. Grizzly on February 21st, 2014, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

I also notice that choosing Status Bar on Add-ons Bar isn't working. The link status just shows up above the add-ons bar (to the left).

Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Quicksaver:
Thanks. I will change to that. Seem to be the best implementation.

@post2forum
I noticed this too, but it occurs randomly.

@L.A.R. Grizzly
CTB needed a compatibility update.
Try this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/ ... /1.3.8pre1

The 'status-bar' item is not for status panel text popups only for items from Forecastfox, Locale Switcher etc. Compare with pre-Australis. ;-)

---

Don't wonder, I uploaded a new build as 1.1.4 and requested a 'full review'.
Only new changes are compatibility fixes for ThePuzzlePiece add-on.
Last edited by Aris on February 22nd, 2014, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.