[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Aris »

I will update addon-bar button margins for next release to this:

Code: Select all

#ctr_addon-bar toolbarbutton .toolbarbutton-icon {
  margin:-3px -4px !important;
}

#ctr_addon-bar toolbarbutton {
  margin:0px 3px !important;
}

Having more space looks slightly nicer in this case.

I see you disabled 'tabs in titlebar'. The 'appbutton on titlebar' looks a bit misplaced now. You could switch to 'appbutton on toolbar' and move it before first tab to make it look like an apptab, only if you like of course. ;-)

Edds wrote:yes, but pre-Fx13 is a little bit odd for me, I don't need these visible "squares" around buttons... maybe is time to make another option in Toolbar button icons - main icon style for "pre-Fx28" or something like that...

Did button appearance even change since Fx14? Default nav-bar buttons look still the same to me. And Classic Toolbar Buttons add-on offers a large amoung of icons sets for people that got bored by default icons. "These visible squares around buttons" are optional by the way.
Last edited by Aris on November 20th, 2013, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks. Aris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:@WildcatRay: max 18 x 18 px. ;-)

"Hacked" the addons with the large icons. Looks good now.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Aris wrote:I'll fix this isses on next update. Seems too much usage of 'copy&paste' made all items flex by default.

Show letters in upper case was predefined in Hashtab, but I can switch to lower case next time.

Spacers issue (and typo as well) is now fixed in version v1.0.0.20131120b,thanks for the quick fix.

As for the checksum,I just reported in case it was meaningful,if not,please ignore this ;)
Aris

Post by Aris »

WildcatRay wrote:
Aris wrote:@WildcatRay: max 18 x 18 px. ;-)

"Hacked" the addons with the large icons. Looks good now.

If you share the code, I will include it into next update.

Drumbrake wrote:
Aris wrote:I'll fix this isses on next update. Seems too much usage of 'copy&paste' made all items flex by default.

Show letters in upper case was predefined in Hashtab, but I can switch to lower case next time.

Spacers issue (and typo as well) is now fixed in version v1.0.0.20131120b,thanks for the quick fix.

As for the checksum,I just reported in case it was meaningful,if not,please ignore this ;)

Are five spaces and separators enough for now or should I add more (later)?
Dugie

Post by Dugie »

First and foremost, I wanted to thank you for all the work developing this extension. After the latest Nightly update I thought I would need to switch browsers (or at least the build, be it Palemoon or another x64 one) to one that has an actual usable UI, but luckily I found your add-on. You really are a life saver.

I did have couple of questions about the featureset. I know that BananasGoMoo asked to have the buttons Reload / Stop combine (as they used to in Firefox). Could this be a togglable option? I prefer to keep my UI static, and I don't like things moving / things getting hidden on me. In the old version, I could just move Stop in front of Reload to stop the behaviour (and it seems to work right now), but having it be an option to combine would be great. Even the way I used to do (reversing the order) would work well for me as I'm used to it now.

Another add-on I used to have installed is the "Back/forward dropmarker": https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/?src=api
Would it be possible to get a UI element / add on the the forward/back buttons provided today? I prefer a simple left click vs having to right click to get the context for the browsing history of the current tab, and since this add-on will likely never work again moving forward, it would be nice to see available.

If none of these seem feasible, thanks anyways. Mozilla touts in their Australis blog about how it is easily customizable, well unless it would seem you want tabs on bottom and an add-on bar, and all of the other functionality that they removed. I think your add-on will be quite popular once the new UI is forced on the regular channel as this provides most (if not all) of the functionality that I noticed was missing, and all done mostly with a simple dialog box. Thanks for making Firefox customizable and usable again. I certainly wish you were in charge of the Firefox UI development.
James

Post by James »

Dugie wrote:After the latest Nightly update I thought I would need to switch browsers (or at least the build, be it Palemoon or another x64 one) to one that has an actual usable UI.

Note that you do not need to use 64-bit Firefox in order to use Firefox on Win64 as 32-bit Firefox works fine.
EinsteinsDaddy

Post by EinsteinsDaddy »

=D> Thanks a lot for your Add-On, Aris. And congrats on a great project well implemented. Will benefit a lot of pi$$ed off users in the weeks and months to come as I had already mentioned in the review. And thanks for posting the link to the latest dev build. Will give that a shot when I reach home tonight.

I'm using CTR in conjunction with your CTB on the UX build. I use the 'Reload' and 'Stop' buttons separately on either sides on the address bar and with CTR, you can get that, so it's fine. But the combined reload/stop button that comes as default still stays. Just wondering if it would be too much trouble to have the option to disable that combined button for users who like to have separate STOP and RELOAD buttons or can that be implemented? Cheers again! :D
Dugie

Post by Dugie »

James wrote:
Dugie wrote:After the latest Nightly update I thought I would need to switch browsers (or at least the build, be it Palemoon or another x64 one) to one that has an actual usable UI.

Note that you do not need to use 64-bit Firefox in order to use Firefox on Win64 as 32-bit Firefox works fine.

Thanks for the information James. I suppose I could always use the 32-bit version fine (and even go back to the public releases), but I have plenty of free RAM (so I don't worry how many tabs I have open or memory Firefox is using), and I've never really run into into issues even with the x64 builds (which I've been using for quite some time now). So I guess I've just stuck with it and never really felt any need to switch back. It's good to know I still always have options though, and I could fall back to the 32bit builds if I run into any problems without any concerns.

I don't want to take away from the discussion about the Classic Theme Restorer so I'll end by saying that the latest Dev snapshot provided of this add-on (1.0.0.20131120b) works great with the latest x64 build of Nightly.
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Aris wrote:Are five spaces and separators enough for now or should I add more (later)?

I would say that there's enough of them,at least for now I don't see the need to add more.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Dugie wrote:I know that BananasGoMoo asked to have the buttons Reload / Stop combine (as they used to in Firefox). Could this be a togglable option?

Latest dev builds support the combined stop/reload button (at least partly), but I planned to add a checkbox for this so users can keep reload+stop inline too.

Dugie wrote:Another add-on I used to have installed is the "Back/forward dropmarker": https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/?src=api
Would it be possible to get a UI element / add on the the forward/back buttons provided today? I prefer a simple left click vs having to right click to get the context for the browsing history of the current tab, and since this add-on will likely never work again moving forward, it would be nice to see available.

I could recreate an own "Back/forward dropmarker" for CTR, but it would be much better, if the add-on dev adds Australis support.

EinsteinsDaddy wrote:Just wondering if it would be too much trouble to have the option to disable that combined button for users who like to have separate STOP and RELOAD buttons or can that be implemented? Cheers again! :D

Current devbuilds have an option to disable the stop/reload button in urlbar already (-> first post of this thread).

Drumbrake wrote:I would say that there's enough of them,at least for now I don't see the need to add more.

Thats what I thought.
Edds

Post by Edds »

Aris wrote: Did button appearance even change since Fx14? Default nav-bar buttons look still the same to me. And Classic Toolbar Buttons add-on offers a large amoung of icons sets for people that got bored by default icons. "These visible squares around buttons" are optional by the way.

Yes, these "borders" around buttons are optional but without borders it's not necessary to use Classic Toolbar Buttons because they look similar to CTR's default...
I'm using Windows 8.1, so maybe this is the reason. With CTR it simply doesn't look the same as before.

Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
TheQwertiest

Post by TheQwertiest »

There are some problems when using CTR with TreeStyleTabs (https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/a ... /versions/).

It's pretty much incompatible, if you uncheck "Fix position and height of tab bar", but if you leave chceked, it only has a few bugz:
1. Bar width is not configurable with CTR - I guess it's impossible to override TST setting :\
2. If you click on the left arrow of the tab strip repeatedly or change tabs, the height position of tab strip will change. It works fine, if you check "tabs on top" though.

Hope there is some solution to bug #2.

And thx for the addon itself =)
Aris

Post by Aris »

OK I see, Win8(.1) default toolbar button background differs from Win7/Vista/XP.

Win 8(.1) uses different hover colors for small icon view and large icon view on non-Australis Fx. In Australis we only have "large icon view". The CTR option changes margins, paddings and sizes, so "large views" background colors are used for small buttons as well.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Aris, I use this css to set font color on app menu button:

Code: Select all

#ctr_appbutton,
#ctr_appbutton2{
border-radius: 0px !important;
    font-family: Segoe UI !important;
    text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px hsla(0,35%,100%,.6),
                 0px 1px 4px hsla(0,35%,100%,.6) !important;
    font-weight: 700 !important;
    font-size: 11px !important;
    color: black  !important;
    opacity: .7 !important;
    fill: hsl(0,35%,90%) !important;
}

But I've problem with it, it is only working until next browser start, after new start it is overwritten, when I Edit code in Stlyish and apply it agian working till next browser restart, any idea why? Thanks.