[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
marty60

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by marty60 »

Aris, the change in beta 18 with the app button on the addon bar has made it a little better. It still crashes when I first open the browser and left click the button but after right clicking and the menu opening I can left click again with no problem. Couldn't do that with the previous beta.

Would you be able to give me the file name inside the addon where you made the adjustment, then I can experiment with it?
EvilBMP

Post by EvilBMP »

Hi Aris, thanks for this great addon. I've activated the special setting "Tab bar: Double-click opens a new tab", which works fine but the address bar doesn't get focused after that. So you have to click in the address bar or press Ctrl + L to focus it. Could you please add the focus? Thanks in advance. I am using the current beta 1.1.19b18
EinoIY

Post by EinoIY »

Thanks a lot for Classic Theme Restore. I was shocked by Firefox 29, but CTR fixes pretty much everything.

One request; would it be possible add options to restore the old Find bar:

I really hate the tiny arrows that replaced Next and Previous buttons. They're so small and close together that you have to concentrate when pressing them. The old bar had nice big buttons that were easy to press without thinking about it.

Also, the old bar grouped all the controls together on the left, while the new bar has some on the far left and others on the far right. In the above screenshot it doesn't look too bad, but when you have Firefox running maximised on a 1920 monitor the distance between the two sets of controls is utterly ridiculous.

Any chance of adding some Find bar configuration options to CTR?
cyrix007

Post by cyrix007 »

EinoIY, I've just found the find bar options in CTR! They are located in Options on the Main tab in the General UI column. You can get back some of what you want by choosing "alternative". You can even position the bar on top instead of bottom (which works great for me).
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Aris, you're a lifesaver! When FF29 updated today with the ugliest UI I've seen in a very long time, I almost freaked out!

Finding Classic Theme Restorer is an absolute Godsend and my sanity (what's left of it) remains largely intact.

I'd like to make a contribution because I think it's the best add-on that's appeared in quite a while and wandering through all the options I can imagine the work which must have gone into creating it.

However, I don't have Paypal. Is there some way I can transfer say $15 to your bank account? Perhaps you could send me a PM with those details?

@ Mods. I trust I'm not breaking any rules here with this suggestion.
EinoIY

Post by EinoIY »

cyrix007, thanks for pointing that out. That helps a lot.

Now if the next and previous buttons could be made bigger that would be awesome. Maybe it's just me, but I just find the current buttons to be uncomfortably small.
Aris

Post by Aris »

LonelyPixel wrote:It seems the style of "pinned" and "titlechanged" tabs has changed compared to Firefox 28. I can hardly see the highlighting anymore. I wanted to write a userChrome style for that but it doesn't seem to be regarded by the browser. It's listed in the DOM Inspector but doesn't have the priority to override the browser's and ClassicThemeRestorer's styles. Here's my try to get something on the screen:

Code: Select all

/* Change pinned tabs titlechanged style */
.tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"])
{
   background-image: linear-gradient(to top, rgb(134, 141, 148) 0px, transparent 1px), linear-gradient(to top, rgb(255, 192, 204), rgb(255, 212, 225), rgb(255, 222, 236)) !important;
}

This should change the tab background to a more red colour. It can be seen when modifying the style in DOM Inspector that is really used. Mine however is ignored.

Also I'm puzzled why the two background-image styles are both visible: The default that has the linear-gradient for the background and the second that has the radial-gradient for the highlighting. Until now, every other background-image rule was completely replacing all others. Now they seem to be combined.

Using Classic Theme Restorer 1.1.8 with Firefox 29 and the classic squared tabs (second option from the config menu).

Try something like this in Stylish:
/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab[pinned][titlechanged]:not([selected="true"]){
background-image: linear-gradient(to top, rgb(134, 141, 148) 0px, transparent 1px), linear-gradient(to top, rgb(255, 192, 204), rgb(255, 212, 225), rgb(255, 222, 236)) !important;}

cyrix007 wrote:Aris, thanks for this soon to be legendary extension. It's actually fun using CTR to "tune-up" Australis.

I have a couple of minor questions. Is it somehow possible to open a new tab by single-clicking instead of double-clicking? Also, is there a png file that is an exact duplicate (size, color, shape) of the Australis hotdog menu button? I want to use it to create a Google button using Codefisher's program.

CTR only offers this for double click, not sure if TabMixPlus offers this feature also for single clicking.
There was a js script for Scriptish addon a couple of page ago, where you should be able to replace 'dblclick' with 'click' to achieve what you want.

The png is already on your hard drive ;-)
firefox\browser\omni.ja\chrome\browser\skin\classic\aero\browser\Toolbar.png

Open omni.ja with latest 7zip or Winrar for example.

PiAreSquared wrote:Thank you for CTR!

Three help requests/questions:

1. How do I remove favicons from the bookmark bar while retaining the icons in the navigation bar? For example I would like arrow icons for "back" and "forward" in the navigation bar and I would also like a text only row of bookmarks (no favicons) in my bookmarks bar. CTR seems to change both bars together in the general settings. Thanks for any help.

2. Can you add the option to place the close tab x on the left side of the tab rather than the right hand side? This is the long-standing placement on the Macintosh (for example in Safari) and would improve my life! Thank you again!

3. Can you add the option to remove the favicon from tabs? I don't find it necessary.

Best of luck developing CTR. I donated.

Thanks for donation.

Here are the codes you are looking for:

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#PlacesToolbarItems image {
  display:none !important;
}

/* AGENT_SHEET */
 #main-window #TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tabs {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 901 !important;
}

/* AGENT_SHEET */
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) .tab-icon-image {
  display:none !important;
}

(remove ":not([pinned])", if pinned tabs also should not have favicons)

Yves W wrote:Is there a way to remove the 'fog' when I hover over a button in the navigation bar (for example the back button if you enable icon and text)?

By 'fog' you mean the background color, right?

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#main-window :-moz-any(#toolbar-menubar, #nav-bar, #PersonalToolbar, #ctraddon_addon-bar, #ctraddon_extra-bar) .toolbarbutton-1:not(.tabs-newtab-button):not(.tab-close-button):not([disabled]):hover {
     border: 1px solid  !important;
      background-image: none !important;
      border-color: hsla(210,54%,20%,.15) hsla(210,54%,20%,.2) hsla(210,54%,20%,.25) !important;
      box-shadow: none !important;
   }

If the border should disappear, change the 'border-color' line to
border-color: hsla(210,54%,20%,.0) hsla(210,54%,20%,.0) hsla(210,54%,20%,.0) !important;

Choukibo wrote:Hi,
First, thank you for the great add-on that is Classic Theme Restorer.
I use CTR 1.1.8 on FF 29, I'm on Mac OS 10.6.8 and I also use Hide Tab Bar With One Tab 1.3.
I have a question regarding tabs: when I choose the option "Tabs low position" (I translate from the French, so I don't know whether it's the right words, in French it's "Onglets position basse [tabsontop=false]"), there is a space that appears above the URL bar (like a new bar but with nothing on it): why is that (that space is useless and it reduces the browsing window) and how is it possible to suppress it? If I choose "Tabs on top", it disappears, but I would like tabs on the bottom and no space!
Thanks.

Tabs toolbar is inside titlebar on default view (=tabs in titlebar).
When using 'tabs not on top' option, tabs toolbar is moved to a different location leaving the titlebar where it was, so that is the space you still see. It should stay, because there are window controls on it.

kukla wrote:...
1. I'm wondering if there's any chance you can bring back the enclosing rectangles around the navigation bar icons and buttons in all the toolbars. ...

2. Also any chance of getting the old New Tab button back?

3. Also, maybe not your area of concern, but I'm not seeing any way of getting Status-4-Evar to show anything in the Add-on bar, the way it used to. Maybe someone else reading this will have an idea for that.

This is on a Mac.

1. CTR does not change toolbar button look except for small button view. This is something for a different add-on or a theme. However you could trick buttons hover state to be always displayed using css.

2. The new tab button looks almost like on pre-Australis Firefox for me (OSC10.8/10.9). Is there a difference when using OSX 10.6? I don't have a way to run tests on 'older' OSX versions than 10.8.

3. Are you using the latest S4E versions, probably betas? S4E items from v2014.02.18.00b work fine for me.

marty60 wrote:Aris, the change in beta 18 with the app button on the addon bar has made it a little better. It still crashes when I first open the browser and left click the button but after right clicking and the menu opening I can left click again with no problem. Couldn't do that with the previous beta.

Would you be able to give me the file name inside the addon where you made the adjustment, then I can experiment with it?

I have only added this code:

#main-window[ctraddon_appbutton_on_addonbar="true"] #appmenu-popup {
  -moz-margin-start: 20px !important;
}

EvilBMP wrote:Hi Aris, thanks for this great addon. I've activated the special setting "Tab bar: Double-click opens a new tab", which works fine but the address bar doesn't get focused after that. So you have to click in the address bar or press Ctrl + L to focus it. Could you please add the focus? Thanks in advance. I am using the current beta 1.1.19b18

I will look into it.

EinoIY wrote:Thanks a lot for Classic Theme Restore. I was shocked by Firefox 29, but CTR fixes pretty much everything.

One request; would it be possible add options to restore the old Find bar:

I really hate the tiny arrows that replaced Next and Previous buttons. They're so small and close together that you have to concentrate when pressing them. The old bar had nice big buttons that were easy to press without thinking about it.

Also, the old bar grouped all the controls together on the left, while the new bar has some on the far left and others on the far right. In the above screenshot it doesn't look too bad, but when you have Firefox running maximised on a 1920 monitor the distance between the two sets of controls is utterly ridiculous.

Any chance of adding some Find bar configuration options to CTR?

This is the closest you can get in CTR:

There are a few 'findbar' add-ons out there. You might want to check. Probably one of them already restores the old findbar.

Reflective wrote:Aris, you're a lifesaver! When FF29 updated today with the ugliest UI I've seen in a very long time, I almost freaked out!

Finding Classic Theme Restorer is an absolute Godsend and my sanity (what's left of it) remains largely intact.

I'd like to make a contribution because I think it's the best add-on that's appeared in quite a while and wandering through all the options I can imagine the work which must have gone into creating it.

However, I don't have Paypal. Is there some way I can transfer say $15 to your bank account? Perhaps you could send me a PM with those details?

@ Mods. I trust I'm not breaking any rules here with this suggestion.

Sorry, I don't share other payment methods than Paypal.

You could register a Paypal account, thats easy and doesn't cost you anything.
You will need it for sure one day when you order something on the net.
Senderman49

Forecastfox 2.2.4 won't work with CTR!

Post by Senderman49 »

Classic Theme Restorer won't work for Forecastfox 2.2.4! :(
It is impossible to put it in the add-on bar and make it stay there that is on any restart of FF it has disappered! ](*,)
Can you fix it please!
GAPa

Post by GAPa »

I just installed this right after getting Firefox 29. I'm very happy that I seem to have been able to mostly restore the proper Firefox appearance. However, it appears as if the default favicon is gone. If I open a website without a favicon specified, the area in the left area of the tab is completely empty and the text begins there instead. It's the same when I have an image file open in a tab. That used to result in the favicon being a miniature of the image, but now, it's completely empty.

Have I missed some setting, or is there no way of going back to the previous favicon behaviour? This picture shows where the favicon is missing in the tab to the right: http://s16.postimg.org/tgi3voff7/saknas.png. Don't hesitate to ask if you need more information about my settings and other add-ons.
Paul Allen

Re: Forecastfox 2.2.4 won't work with CTR!

Post by Paul Allen »

Senderman49 wrote:Classic Theme Restorer won't work for Forecastfox 2.2.4! :(
It is impossible to put it in the add-on bar and make it stay there that is on any restart of FF it has disappered! ](*,)
Can you fix it please!

You have to use the Forecastfox options to make the large "+" on the forecastfox icons appear and then use that to drag the forecastfox icons wherever you want. They then will stay put on restart.
anonymous7

Post by anonymous7 »

Hi Aris
Thanks a lot for your wonderful extension.
I am the author of the very tiny Back/Forward No Tooltips, which was created to change a behavior added in Firefox 4, and this thing doesn't work when I use your extension with the option to move the back-forward buttons.
Could you please add an option to completely disable the popup of left-click?
As these buttons are probably the most used ones, I think it's something crucial in a browser.
Brummelchen

Re: Forecastfox 2.2.4 won't work with CTR!

Post by Brummelchen »

Senderman49 wrote:Classic Theme Restorer won't work for Forecastfox 2.2.4! :(
Can you fix it please!

No CTR fault, Forecast is damn old with stupid JAR inside - contact Author to build a fix

fast fix
extract XPI
extract JAR
open positioner.js, line 14
replace second "addon-bar" with "ctraddon_addon-bar"
repack JAR (its ZIP no compression)
repack XPI (its ZIP normal compression)
Last edited by Brummelchen on April 29th, 2014, 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Bug !? CTR build .18 does not longer handle the firefox button as a normal button as in build .16
SallyK

Post by SallyK »

I just wanted to say thank you very much for your work on this extension, it's so much nicer to be able to have Firefox the way I want, rather than having drastic changes forced on me.

There was just one thing I wanted to ask - I didn't delete my localstore.rdf before I installed the extension. Everything seems to be fine with my current browser layout - does that mean I don't have to worry about it, or should I delete it and redo the layout, just in case there might be problems in the future?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Brummelchen wrote:Bug !? CTR build .18 does not longer handle the firefox button as a normal button as in build .16

Are you referring to the hamburger button that Australis added? If so, I am able to remove it to the pallet.

FYI: I think the hamburger button dropdown menu (which is touch-centric) is terribly inefficient and waste of space on keyboard/mouse desktop systems. It is one reason that find Australis a piece of rubbish.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi