[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
James

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by James »

JethroB wrote:(my profile for v31 is currently in limbo as I haven't seen an update for Aurora to be updated for v30 to v31 yet).

Aurora updates were disabled as usual during the version move/merge on next channels as Aurora can sometimes be unstable for a bit due to last minute number of checkins. You can still manually download the Aurora builds in meantime.

Bug 1002475 - Disable Aurora 30 daily updates until merge to mozilla-aurora has stabilized
Bug 1005394 - Make sure all Aurora users are updated to Firefox 31.0a2 latest on Monday May 5th, 2014

Sorry for getting off-topic in thread with this.
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

coyote2 wrote:
With 1.1.8 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/ was working perfectly well. Not so with 1.1.9beta21

Did you try the new Session Manager Version 0.8.1.2pre20140331b located at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ which was released for "Compatibility changes to work with Classic Theme Restorer add-on".
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

James wrote:
JethroB wrote:(my profile for v31 is currently in limbo as I haven't seen an update for Aurora to be updated for v30 to v31 yet).

Aurora updates were disabled as usual during the version move/merge on next channels as Aurora can sometimes be unstable for a bit due to last minute number of checkins. You can still manually download the Aurora builds in meantime.

Bug 1002475 - Disable Aurora 30 daily updates until merge to mozilla-aurora has stabilized
Bug 1005394 - Make sure all Aurora users are updated to Firefox 31.0a2 latest on Monday May 5th, 2014

Sorry for getting off-topic in thread with this.

Thanks for that info. I have since updated Aurora to v31 which wasn't available several hours earlier.

Cheers :)
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Can you add the option of restoring the good old Throbber, perhaps even using your CTR addon icon as the image. I used to use an add-on called ’Spinfox’. http://burntelectrons.org/moz/spinfox/

There is a separate Add-on here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/throbber-restored/

But as you are restoring FF to a previous UI state the addition of the Throbber would help complete this.

Perhaps even make it clickable like in this add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/awesome-throbber/?src=search

Cheers
Last edited by FineWine on May 2nd, 2014, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edellus

Post by Edellus »

Hello. I'm a bit new to everything Firefox, so I'm sorry if I'm out of place asking what I'm about to ask here:

A top 10 contribuitor and moderator of mozilla support forum told me to try asking this here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/983661

I want to create for myself the most minimalistic browser experience as possible and i've put the most used features in the title bar. For purposes of space i had to fix the width of the url bar to a minimum and my intention is to increase it to a fixed width only when #urlbar-container [focused]. The problem is that #urlbar-container will overlap the existing tabs instead of shrinking their space, making it look really bad. It looks wonderful with #urlbar-container:hover, but i can't use that since whenever i want to refresh the wesbite using the button the width of the container will increase moving the button from the place i had the mouse in the first place to click it.

Fixed width of the url bar when #urlbar-container is not focused:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28armoj.jpg

Fixed width of the url bar when #urlbar-container [focused]:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2zdq0yf.jpg

This is the css i have for the url bar at the moment:

Code: Select all

#urlbar-container {max-width:225px!important;}
#urlbar-container {min-width:225px!important;}
#urlbar-container {transition:0.7s!important;}
#urlbar[focused="true"] {max-width:500px!important;}
#urlbar[focused="true"] {min-width:500px!important;}
#urlbar-container {transition:0.7s!important;}
Last edited by James on May 2nd, 2014, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made the two images as thumbnail links as they were to big for img tags at 1,366px × 768px
rogermccomb

Post by rogermccomb »

I hope I didn't miss this on here somewhere but I do not have the Squared Tabs option on my CTR panel. I have Tab Mix Plus and Big New Tab button installed and I disabled both extensions but the Squared Tabs option still didn't appear on my CTR panel.

HELP!!!!
moztly

Post by moztly »

This addon is incredible. Without it I couldn't set up FF29 the way I like my FF to be. Thanks!

I have a couple questions:

1. How can I change the Back, Forward, Stop and Reload button icons? With Nasa dark theme they are way too dark. I guess since they are non-standard buttons the icons don't come from the Nasa theme, they come from CRT?

2. Is there a way to hide the hamburger button? I am vegan.

3. Is there a way (or is it a feature you would consider adding) to add the 'fetching page' animation box back to the toolbar?
shyangs

Post by shyangs »

Great extension!

I would like to help translating CTR into Traditional Chinese(zh-TW). https://github.com/shyangs/zh-TW-locale ... ptions.dtd
moztly

Post by moztly »

Above the addonbar there is a 1 pixel horizontal line with the color #bac7d4

How can I remove that line, or change it's color to match a dark theme?
Edellus

Post by Edellus »

bludshot wrote:2. Is there a way to hide the hamburger button? I am vegan.

I'm vegan too. but that's a bit extreme. Besides, there are vegan hamburgers, you know?

bludshot wrote:Above the addonbar there is a 1 pixel horizontal line with the color #bac7d4

How can I remove that line, or change it's color to match a dark theme?

I have a similar problem, but it is with the ttitlebar or navbar, I'm not sure.
Last edited by Edellus on May 3rd, 2014, 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
level20peon

Post by level20peon »

Aris wrote:
level20peon wrote:[...]Another thing that I think needs to be addressed is the option "Special -> Special tweaks -> Tabs toolbar: double click opens a 'new' tab (using browser.newtab.url)". After activating this option and setting up "browser.newtab.url" it indeed behaves as expected to some degree: It opens a new tab using the set up URL on double-clicking the tab-bar. However, after loading this new tab, the focus moves to the awesomebar (unexpected) instead of the website that gets loaded (expected). Is that working as intended? If so, could you add an option to have the browser focus the website instead of the awesomebar?

The focus was requested like this and opening a new tab using new-tab button also focuses urlbar.

The standard function for opening new tabs (CTRL+T) focuses on the website instead of the awesomebar. I think that focusing the awesomebar - even though requested - makes the usability of firefox as a whole in combination with CTR inconsistent. So isn't it at least possible to add an option to focus the website instead of the awesomebar?
level20peon

Re: FF29+Classic Theme Restorer problem

Post by level20peon »

BlueDusk95 wrote:Hi,
I don't know the proper word, there used to be a sort of address "balloon" popping in the bottom of the window while moving the cursor on links, and it's not here any more.
Now I don't know what links really point to and I've no idea why this feature disappeared.
BTW I hate Australis and I'm configuring Seamonkey, considering to move back to it since it still looks like not-Chrome.

statuspanel{bottom:0;z-index:1000;}
pheeew

Post by pheeew »

Hi Aris,
looks like you have to help lots of people so they can still use Firefox. Thanks again for doing it!
I have installed the Stylish script you linked. Unfortunately it does not change anything :(
Screenhot:
As you can see I also have an issue with the arrows of the Standard Theme. It has been like this even before Australis but I never figured out how to make them look normal again and not stretched. Maybe this has something to do with my screenresolution/graphics card. I dont know.
Most important would be to get the page title back in the tile bar. Any info/hint would help.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

The arrows are a bug in Firefox: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=911409 (DON'T POST THERE)
gone
pheeew

Post by pheeew »

Thank you Elbart for pointing me to the bugzilla. I will wait patiently until they got the arrow issue fixed.

I just found out an interesting thing: the title information is not visible if the Firefox window is maximized, but it's visible when I reduce the size of the window (title bar double click) which is not really an option on a notebook. This happens with "Bring the Title Back" script set to active, but since this script slows down my browser noticeably (constantly hangs for about 2-3 seconds) I can not really use it.