MozillaZine

[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
xadiCanione
 
Posts: 451
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted December 12th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Hi,

I am authoring a new Download Statusbar Bar add-on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/

I published user interface for Downloas Status Bar and will write the Options soon.

Statusbar Download Bar indicates for each download item:

Name
Download Speed
Progress
Download icon

Right clicking at each download item gets you download context menu where you can launch and open containing folder and more.

Could you please install and suggest about new add-on?

Cheers

Lion7718

User avatar
 
Posts: 106
Joined: November 15th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Got it, it's pretty basic right now. I'd like the option to change the colors & auto clear certain files like the DSB had.

the-edmeister

User avatar
 
Posts: 31011
Joined: February 25th, 2003, 12:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Post Posted December 12th, 2013, 11:47 pm

I like this extension, especially the use of a contextual menu for closing the Downloads bar and another for the Progress Meter. Works as well in 29.0a1 Australis as it does in 26.0. As far as other options, no suggestions - meets my needs as is.



.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 451
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 2:46 am

Lion7718 wrote:Got it, it's pretty basic right now. I'd like the option to change the colors & auto clear certain files like the DSB had.


Hi Lion7718, Thanks for review. I am working hard to write the requests you ask. I will send updates daily. Please check this page for new updates

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Thanks again for your understanding and patience.

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 451
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 2:47 am

the-edmeister wrote:I like this extension, especially the use of a contextual menu for closing the Downloads bar and another for the Progress Meter. Works as well in 29.0a1 Australis as it does in 26.0. As far as other options, no suggestions - meets my needs as is.



.


Hi the-edmeister, thank you very much for review. It is motivating hugely.

JoeG

User avatar
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: October 10th, 2003, 12:37 pm
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 6:05 am

xadiCanione wrote:Hi,

I am authoring a new Download Statusbar Bar add-on.
I think you've done a very nice job with this. I'm going to install it on all my computers. Keep up the excellent work!
We have two new cats: Nuri and Sufi. I feel like a room without a roof. Every day is Judgment Day.

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 451
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 6:22 am

JoeG wrote:
xadiCanione wrote:Hi,

I am authoring a new Download Statusbar Bar add-on.
I think you've done a very nice job with this. I'm going to install it on all my computers. Keep up the excellent work!


Hi JoeG,

Thanks for the great words.

I uploaded a new version. Could you please install latest 1.5.39 version and review it?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ion-1.5.39

Change:

✓ 'Clear All Downloads' clear downloads for each window now.
✓ Locale en-US
✓ Double Click on download item will launch it
✓ Clean will clear each download item for each window.
✓ Open Download Tab
✓ Manual Virus Scan for download items

Thanks

Denise51
 
Posts: 64
Joined: November 11th, 2011, 11:52 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 7:35 am

I've added this to Firefox and restarted but I don't see it? Should I be seeing an icon on toolbar somewhere?

1.2.23 version

Lion7718

User avatar
 
Posts: 106
Joined: November 15th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 7:47 am

Denise51 wrote:I've added this to Firefox and restarted but I don't see it? Should I be seeing an icon on toolbar somewhere?

1.2.23 version



No icon & no options yet. When you start a download you will see it. I just Googled a pic & downloaded it to see it in action after I 1st installed.

BTW: I'd rather not have an icon in the toolbar, it's unnecessary.

Denise51
 
Posts: 64
Joined: November 11th, 2011, 11:52 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 7:52 am

Which version do I need please

falcon25
 
Posts: 12
Joined: December 11th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Location: Germany Stuttgart

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 8:18 am

xadiCanione wrote:Change:

✓ 'Clear All Downloads' clear downloads for each window now.
✓ Locale en-US
✓ Double Click on download item will launch it
✓ Clean will clear each download item for each window.
✓ Open Download Tab
✓ Manual Virus Scan for download items


works perfect here in vers. 1.5.39, thx

but when the Statusbar is full, the complete Website move to the right here, see Screen
http://www.myimg.de/?img=Bild1369b8.png

@Denise51
use always the latest version on this page
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Lion7718

User avatar
 
Posts: 106
Joined: November 15th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 9:05 am

Once auto clear on certain file types or all files is added that will go away.

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 451
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 10:32 am

Denise51 wrote:I've added this to Firefox and restarted but I don't see it? Should I be seeing an icon on toolbar somewhere?

1.2.23 version


Hi Denise51,

Please install latest v1.6.19 from official download page

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/

I will add a add-on bar and toolbar button soon for those who want to activate. Till then any download will start the download bar. You can open up below image and right click to download it for a quick download bar activation.

https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/media/im ... irefox.png

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 451
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 10:35 am

falcon25 wrote:
xadiCanione wrote:Change:

✓ 'Clear All Downloads' clear downloads for each window now.
✓ Locale en-US
✓ Double Click on download item will launch it
✓ Clean will clear each download item for each window.
✓ Open Download Tab
✓ Manual Virus Scan for download items


works perfect here in vers. 1.5.39, thx

but when the Statusbar is full, the complete Website move to the right here, see Screen
http://www.myimg.de/?img=Bild1369b8.png

@Denise51
use always the latest version on this page
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/


Hi falcon25,

Thank you very much for review.

I sent another iteration. Could you please install latest 1.6.19 version and review it?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ons/1.6.19

✓ Clear the download item after launching it.
✓ Clear the download item after showing file.
✓ Options page
✓ Download Progress Color
✓ Download Text Color
✓ Manual Virus Scan
✓ Automatic Virus Scan
✓ 'Clear All Downloads' clear downloads for each window now.
✓ Locale en-US
✓ Double Click on download item will launch it
✓ Clean will clear each download item for each window.
✓ Open Download Tab
✓ Manual Virus Scan for download items

I am in the knowledge of the problem you described. Will fix it soon.

Brummelchen
 
Posts: 290
Joined: March 19th, 2005, 10:51 am

Post Posted December 13th, 2013, 11:45 am

appreciated as long it wont be obfuscated ^^ pls go ahead.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests