[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Lion7718

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by Lion7718 »

Downloaded Version 1.6.19, but I'm not seeing any new options.
falcon25

Post by falcon25 »

right click on the Download Button in the left corner > Options
http://www.myimg.de/?img=Bild13b50f.png
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

falcon25 wrote:right click on the Download Button in the left corner > Options
http://www.myimg.de/?img=Bild13b50f.png

I'm not seeing that, maybe 1 off my add-ons is blocking it.

EDIT: I see it now, you have to have a download in the bar before it shows.
Last edited by Lion7718 on December 13th, 2013, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
falcon25

Post by falcon25 »

i'm testing Download Status Bar only in a new clear Profil, without other Addons.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

Needs to have it in the Add-ons Manager...like other add-ons.
MarcAuslander

Post by MarcAuslander »

It would be nice if there were an option to make this work well with status4evar which already adds back the status/add-on bar at the bottom. The download status would be in that bar. And probably an option to show only the last download or active downloads.

(The old download status UI really worked pretty well all in all, by the way)
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Lion7718 wrote:Needs to have it in the Add-ons Manager...like other add-ons.
Now it's apparently been approved and it's there.

I've VERY happy with with this extension so far. I think the dev has done a fantastic job - especially when you think there have been three updates in only one day! =D>
Last edited by joeg on December 13th, 2013, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

MarcAuslander wrote:It would be nice if there were an option to make this work well with status4evar which already adds back the status/add-on bar at the bottom. The download status would be in that bar. And probably an option to show only the last download or active downloads.

(The old download status UI really worked pretty well all in all, by the way)

+1
ranasrule

Post by ranasrule »

great job dev....one request...can u make the download bar disappear automatically when there are no more downloads ie all have been cleared ?
Rangerhere

Post by Rangerhere »

Hi ...thanks for bringing this add on back to life..your doing a great job...as you add more options with each version it keeps getting better...keep up the good work...your making lots of people very happy

Thanks Again :D
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

JoeG wrote:
Lion7718 was suggesting to make the options dialog also accessible from Firefox's Add-Ons Manager. :wink:
I second that suggestion. And if I can add my own suggestions/bug report:

• "Cancel" in fact only pauses the download.
    IMO Merging the "Cancel" with "Start" to make this a "Pause/Resume" button, and add a real "Cancel" button would be better (and would mimic Firefox's default behavior).
  • Also, using "Clear" on a file that hasn't finished downloading in fact only pauses it (but clears it from the list, so it's then only accessible from the download manager). I believe the "Clear" button should only appear for completed downloads (like the download manager does).
  • Maybe could the download bar disappear when you either "Clear All Downloads" or use "Clear" on a download when there's only one left (you can also make this an option).//edit: ranasrule said it better. :)
  • Double-clicking on an empty space of the bar could also remove all completed downloads (similar to what the original "Download Statusbar" add-on was doing).
  • Being able to open the menu (currently only accessible when right-clicking on the "Downloads" button on the left) by right-clicking anywhere (besides on the download items, of course) on the download bar would be nice.
  • Being able to see the basic file properties of a downloaded file (e.g. size, location on the disk, etc.) when hovering the mouse over the download item would be a great addition, IMO.
  • I suggest adding also the other items you get when right-clicking a download in Firefox's manager (inter alia, "visit the source website" and "copy the download link").

On 1.6.19:

• Sometimes (I haven't found steps to reproduce -- if that's of any help, it seems to happen on pretty big files, roughly 300 to 500 MB) the bar surrounding a download item keeps growing horizontally when first adding the download, then shrinks back after a while to stop at the "correct" place, after the percent sign.
  • It is currrently possible to open several options dialogs (chrome://downloadbar/content/options.xul).
  • I suggest adding default text and background colors to the downloads (currently "extensions.downloadbar.downloadprogresscolor" and "extensions.downloadbar.downloadtextcolor" values are null until the user modifies them; I think #33CC00 for the background and #000000 for the text should work for most users).
  • If you close the bar after one download has succeeded, then download the same file again and save it in the same folder (overwriting the old one), the already downloaded item will also appear on the bar, without its progress color, and will be reported as making 0KB.

Last but not least, thank you Szalgiris/xadiCanione for your great (and quick) work. =D>
Last edited by Jack Black on December 13th, 2013, 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Jack Black wrote:
JoeG wrote:
Lion7718 was suggesting to make the options dialog also accessible from Firefox's Add-Ons Manager. :wink:
OK, now I understand. :oops:
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Thanks for this.

I would like to have the option to clear the download once it has completed downloading.

And I would also like to be able to get to the options a lot easier.
roggaro

Post by roggaro »

does it it open the statusbar when I DL and then close or what? really don't like the statusbar
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

roggaro wrote:does it it open the statusbar when I DL and then close or what? really don't like the statusbar

No, you must hide it... Try the built in Ctrl+J method to view downloads instead if you dont want the bar...
Feature added in version Version 1.7.5 found here > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-1.7.5
Last edited by JayhawksRock on December 13th, 2013, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln