[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
xadiCanione

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by xadiCanione »

Just a quick reminder,

I don't endorse any other addon, especially ones that contain spyware. I recommend uninstalling the "You Know Which" addon as soon as possible. I got many emails about that addon which one user claimed it tracked users' bank accounts. Indeed related addon been taken down for a few days by Mozilla and its "Featured" title been replaced apparently because of the spyware action.

I didn't give any permission for author to promote his security flawed addon in my topic. It is not ethical to advertise his addon in support page of my addon and claim my addon is abondoned although he doesn't have any information or declaration for that.

I am going to report Mozillazine admins to remove all links that point to flawed addons. I don't want my support page to be a medium for spyware addons to trap users.

Sorry to sound like that but other people's unethical action, which directly and indirectly affect me, lead me to reply in this way. I always only care my own business but apparently some can not keep nose out of others' business.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi all,

Please report here any issues or bugs for the new version. I'll try to fix as soon as possible.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi all,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.13.4.2.1-signed and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 2.1-signed

✓ Fix for Pale Moon 26
✓ Fix for Checksum that caused Firefox 47 and later to become unfunctional

Cheers
woefully

Post by woefully »

Woa... glad to see you back xadiCanione! Thanks for the updates, works great on Pale Moon 26.1.1.

=D>
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

I'm using today's Nightly, and your update works fine. Thanks very much. I find your extension the very best in regard to downloads. Keep up the great work!

In regard to problematic extensions, please see a posting I made in another part of the Forum.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2993243

My impression is that Mozilla's extension-review process is highly flawed.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

xadiCanione, I am glad that you are again returned to the Mozilla :)
Antikapitalista

Post by Antikapitalista »

xadiCanione wrote:Hi all,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.13.4.2.1-signed and review it please?

✓ Fix for Pale Moon 26

Cheers
How could it be downloaded?

Freaking shit, AMO does not have it... :-(
woefully

Post by woefully »

Antikapitalista wrote:

✓ Fix for Pale Moon 26

Cheers

Freaking shit, AMO does not have it... :-(
It's right there at the top of the link you posted...
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

woefully wrote:
Antikapitalista wrote:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 2.1-signed ...
It's right there at the top of the link you posted...
That link doesn't work anymore. :(

Does anyone know where to find the newest version, please?
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Antikapitalista

Post by Antikapitalista »

woefully wrote: It's right there at the top of the link you posted...
No, it was not there yesterday—it did not link to the file; the file was missing.
Moreover, it has completely disappeared since yesterday. not even a trace of it has remained! :x
woefully

Post by woefully »

It was there when I clicked, but obviously it has been removed for some reason. PM me if you want it, until xadiCanione sorts it out and if it's ok of course from the author to privately share the 13.4.2.1-signed version.
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi all,

I am so sorry for the trouble. My addon is not accepted because previous version number is named as "13.4.2.1-signed". This is so weird because as seen in history of files, other version numbers had automatically "signed" phrase in them. Other addons that contain malicious code get approved but version number with signed phrase is not accepted. I dont think editor has a right not to accept previous version. Nevertheless, I replaced version number as 13.4.2.2. Again I am really sorry confusion but I didnt expect "signed" phrase would cause such a problem. Shocked. Same file with only new version number is linked below. Thank you for your understanding.

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.13.4.2.2 and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... s/13.4.2.2

✓ Fix for Pale Moon 26
✓ Fix for Checksum that caused Firefox 47 and later to become nonfunctional

Cheers
joeg

Post by joeg »

xadiCanione wrote:... I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.13.4.2.2 and review it please? ...
As far as I can see, it works fine in both the latest beta and today's Nightly.

Great job! Thanks very much.
lapmonk2tg56

Post by lapmonk2tg56 »

First of all thank you for download Status bar, but I am having one issue with it. When I delete file through this add on it deletes the file permanently instead of deleting it to Trash Can. How do I go by fixing this issue so it deletes to trash can, can you please help me.
I have checked even about:config and could not find the option of fixing this issue.
Any help I would appreciate.
Than you.
Jost0123

Post by Jost0123 »

Jost0123 wrote:Enhancement Request: Automatic Clear after Delete
I did not see this commented on but the latest version (v.13.4.2.2) seems to do as I wanted and it clears the item from the status bar if the file is deleted.

Update 18 Apr 2016: I was mistaken. The status bar entry is not automatically cleared when the file is deleted. Not sure what happened the other day to make me think that it was being deleted.
Last edited by Jost0123 on April 18th, 2016, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.