[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
xadiCanione

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi Alexo,

I tried the link url and it works as expected. If you chose Run option, OpenDownload2 downloads it for you and automatically Runs it and remove the downloaded file for you again automatically. This option saves users from deleting the unnecessary install file after download. Because OpenDownload2 removes the download automatically after Run, the download is removed from Download Bar too.

If you do not want the download to be removed automatically by OpenDownload2, chose Save rather than Run option.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Kagehi wrote:Like to mention one "minor" issue. A lot of third party bars, like this one, seem to not register themselves with the firefox as an actual toolbar. I had an issue a bit back where my AiOS broke, and trying to fix it led me to do a "reset to defaults" in the customization section. This was a **major** mistake, since it turned out the problem was that somehow one of its toolbars had been disabled somehow. What I didn't notice, until later, was that the Download Status Bar has been disabled as well. Only, when I looked for it on the list of toolbar, its... not there. So... how to reactivate it?

Seems I got lucky. If you disable, then re-enable this bar, it reappears. But, the point here is that it does not appear in the list of toolbars you can activate/deactivate. So, if something clobbers it, its not immediately obvious how to fix the problem, or even what happened, and there is no setting "in" the toolbars settings themselves suggesting that anything went wrong, or what it was. Simplest solution.. just make sure it gets listed, like any other toolbar, in the toolbar list.

Note... Part of the problem I had with AiOS was that its "toolbars" appear in the list shown when you are "customizing", but not all of its toolbars appear on the list when you merely right click a bar, to see a list of the active bars. Its still possible to fix it though, as long as you realize that they are listed "in" the customize mode, which is fine, since you can still, eventually, find them. DSB, as I said, isn't listed in **either**. ;)

Hi Kagehi,

Thank you very much for your review.

It is indeed in my to-dos list to set entry in Toolbar menu. But you can also toggle Download Bar from Firefox Menu / Tools / Download Status Bar / Toggle Download Bar option or using (CTRL / SHIFT) + ALT + D key short-cut.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hal1900 wrote:xadiCanione, did you remember my request for a toolbar button to toggle the visibility of the Download Status on and off? Thank you so much!! :)

Hi Hal1900,

Yes I remember :). I will try to code it this week. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Psychopomp wrote:Is it possible to have autohide?

Hi Psychopomp,

Are you asking autohide for Download Bar? You can activate Automatically close download bar when all downloads complete option in Options window.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Grumpty wrote:Hi Grumpty,

Thank you so much for your review and kind words.

1) I can add a preference to warn users before removing the download. But how do you remove the downloads, by context menu or History Library?

2) I will look into this but I suppose this must be a feature of All-In-One. You may want to ask All-In-One to include such a feature for Download Status Bar. Or it may be related to new download system that Firefox implemented by Firefox 26 which can break the feature you ask for.

Cheers

Not sure if I came across correctly. It is only a problem with the HISTORY Library. Scenario: Mark a bunch of d/l's to get rid of from History and accidentally include an active one because the list does not reorder itself after completion of a d/l. THEN you get rid of an active d/l whether you wanted to or not. No undo of that action. Or in my case sometimes my old fingers are too slow and the mouse repeats itself and clicks on an active d/l. All I am saying is that if the clearing of the history encounters an active d/l; it would be nice to trap that and give one the option of continuing or aborting.

BTW, I d/l'ed the latest build and installed it and noticed that the d/l bar across the bottom was missing. Went back to the last "released" build and bar came back. I can only imagine the headaches of getting your plug-in working correctly and then getting it to integrate with All-In-One and Extended (which are the 2 I use) or any of the other plug-ins. Too many possibilities when dealing with open source for conflicts between various parts.

Tanks for reply.
Grumpty

Hi Grumpty,

Right clicking in Library and choosing "Clear Downloads" only removes completed downloads but not active ones. Is not it happening for you this way?

Could you make sure you have the latest version please? Please reinstall v11.0.0 from the page please. Sometimes a download and update may fail and a Restart of browser helps to fix it.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/

Cheers
Psychopomp

Post by Psychopomp »

xadiCanione wrote:
Psychopomp wrote:Is it possible to have autohide?

Hi Psychopomp,

Are you asking autohide for Download Bar? You can activate Automatically close download bar when all downloads complete option in Options window.

Cheers

I would like that Download Bar never closes, only hides on bottom after some time (10 seconds after all downloads are completed :)) like Win7 auto-hide taskbar :)
BenYeeHua

Post by BenYeeHua »

Hi, xadiCanione.
Just want to said that Download Status Bar is currently broken in Nightly because of this change, you may wanna fix it. :)

Bug 1001090 - Implement ES6 "temporal dead zone" for let and const
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1001090
j_schultz

Post by j_schultz »

A few days ago, the following problem started happening: Sometimes, when shortly hovering a downloaded entry (might just have happened because you were dragging your mouse over the bar), the information bubble for the entry appears and never disappears again, even after cleaning all downloads from the status bar.
I also reported another issue a while ago which is still present - namely that hovering an entry in the download bar will force the keyboard input focus to the information bubble, which might be unwanted if you have focussed the address bar. At least in my case it is, because it means I have to drag the mouse again to the address bar, or click on the page content and press F6, which is both not very user-friendly.
Daniel Beardsmore

Post by Daniel Beardsmore »

Does anyone else find that Copy Download Link doesn't work? I think it worked at one point, but it's not worked on my PC for a while now. (Currently Firefox 32.0.2, XP, Download Status Bar 11.0.0.)

If I open Tools → Downloads and right-click a download and select Copy Download Link, it works correctly. The problem appears to be within Download Status Bar itself.

It would be nice to have this confirmed though (in case it really is just me!)
Daniel Beardsmore

Post by Daniel Beardsmore »

j_schultz wrote:I also reported another issue a while ago which is still present - namely that hovering an entry in the download bar will force the keyboard input focus to the information bubble …

FWIW in case there's any doubt, I see that too. In Download Statusbar you coud actually select and copy data from that tooltip. Whether that was sensible, is another matter! ;-)
HughHyatt

Post by HughHyatt »

When I start Firefox, the Download Status Bar appears at the bottom of the window and I have to manually close it to make it go away. What do I have to do to have it closed when Firefox starts? I'm running version 11.0.0 on Firefox 30.0 over Linux Mint 16 (petra) with the following DSB preferences set:

Options
  • ☒ Ask confirmation before deleting downloaded file
  • Double click functionality for Download Item = Launch
  • Automatically close download bar when all download complete after "1" seconds
  • Disable scan for these file types: png,jpg,gif
  • Audio file path = Default Sound
  • ☒ Play notification sound when the download is complete
Appearance
  • Download speed
    • 0 - 100 KB/s = #FF0000
    • 100 - 500 KB/s = #FF7F00
    • 500 - 1000 KB/s = #BFFF00
    • Over > 1000 KB/s = #00FF00
  • User Interface
    • ⊙ Download Bar
  • Progress Notifications
    • ☒ Progress
    • ☒ Speed
    • ☒ Remaining Time
  • Progress Alignment
    • ⊙ Horizontal
  • Buttons
    • Button Type: ⊙ Iconic
  • Download Item
    • Width = 150
    • Height = 22
    • File name font size = 11
    • Progress font size = 11
Use open source software; with no walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates? — Luis Pinto

(Linux Mint 20.3 (una)/Win10) Firefox 107.0 (64-bit), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz
wOxxOm

Post by wOxxOm »

xadiCanione, can you add an option to show "Download link" (or simply "Download") to the link context menu, so that this command would silently download the link to Downloads folder? I've been using this feature for many years in the ancient Opera and it was a nice timesaver.
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

HughHyatt wrote:When I start Firefox, the Download Status Bar appears at the bottom of the window and I have to manually close it to make it go away. What do I have to do to have it closed when Firefox starts? I'm running version 11.0.0 on Firefox 30.0 over Linux Mint 16 (petra) with the following DSB preferences set:

Options
  • ☒ Ask confirmation before deleting downloaded file
  • Double click functionality for Download Item = Launch
  • Automatically close download bar when all download complete after "1" seconds
  • Disable scan for these file types: png,jpg,gif
  • Audio file path = Default Sound
  • ☒ Play notification sound when the download is complete
Appearance
  • Download speed
    • 0 - 100 KB/s = #FF0000
    • 100 - 500 KB/s = #FF7F00
    • 500 - 1000 KB/s = #BFFF00
    • Over > 1000 KB/s = #00FF00
  • User Interface
    • ⊙ Download Bar
  • Progress Notifications
    • ☒ Progress
    • ☒ Speed
    • ☒ Remaining Time
  • Progress Alignment
    • ⊙ Horizontal
  • Buttons
    • Button Type: ⊙ Iconic
  • Download Item
    • Width = 150
    • Height = 22
    • File name font size = 11
    • Progress font size = 11

Hi HughHyatt,

Thank you so much for your review and kind words.

From Options window, please tick the "Clean completed downloads when Firefox quits" option.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:Does anyone else find that Copy Download Link doesn't work? I think it worked at one point, but it's not worked on my PC for a while now. (Currently Firefox 32.0.2, XP, Download Status Bar 11.0.0.)

If I open Tools → Downloads and right-click a download and select Copy Download Link, it works correctly. The problem appears to be within Download Status Bar itself.

It would be nice to have this confirmed though (in case it really is just me!)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your review.

It works for me. Maybe a glitch about your Firefox profile or add-on settings.

You may want to remove the add-on from Firefox Menu / Tools / Add-ons / Extensions / Download Status Bar / Remove button. Restart Firefox. And install it again from official page to reset settings and files:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

j_schultz wrote:A few days ago, the following problem started happening: Sometimes, when shortly hovering a downloaded entry (might just have happened because you were dragging your mouse over the bar), the information bubble for the entry appears and never disappears again, even after cleaning all downloads from the status bar.
I also reported another issue a while ago which is still present - namely that hovering an entry in the download bar will force the keyboard input focus to the information bubble, which might be unwanted if you have focussed the address bar. At least in my case it is, because it means I have to drag the mouse again to the address bar, or click on the page content and press F6, which is both not very user-friendly.

Hi j_schultz,

Thank you so much for your review.

Which operating system and Firefox version please?

Sorry for the missing feature. I did not actually code to steal focus from anything but default popup behavior steals the focus automatically. I will look what can I do for the issue.

Cheers