[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by pag77 »

Download Manager (S3) 4.07 - full compatible for PaleMoon 27+
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3download-statusbar/
cldjr

Post by cldjr »

swsquish wrote:Is anyone else having the issue of not being able to clear downloads? I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled and the same download is still present in the bar.
Yeap me too ! ](*,)
I have actually 6 download I can't clear !
I'm under Mac OS X 10.11.6 / Firefox 50.1.0
iMac 3.06 Gz Intel Core 2 D 4Gb OSX 10.11.6 2T
iPad Mini Wifi iOS 10.2
sandman42

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar - Double click does not run

Post by sandman42 »

Hi,

under ubuntu 16.04, when I double click something I've downloaded, say a .PDF, I don't get evince (the default for me for pdf) run, as if I were double-clicking from nautilus.

Instead, the image viewer is run.

How can I correct this?

Thanks
joeyconnick

Post by joeyconnick »

cldjr wrote:
swsquish wrote:Is anyone else having the issue of not being able to clear downloads? I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled and the same download is still present in the bar.
Yeap me too ! ](*,)
I have actually 6 download I can't clear !
I'm under Mac OS X 10.11.6 / Firefox 50.1.0
It's a bug I see quite frequently in SeaMonkey depending on how I open the attachments... you'll need to shutdown Firefox, open your Firefox profile folder (should be in ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/[Profile_ID]) and find the "downloadbar" folder. In that folder, there should be a file called "history.json". Delete it, then restart Firefox and the zombie download entries in your status bar should be gone.
Muad'Dib

Post by Muad'Dib »

Hi,

Thanks for this add-on, it's been very helpful. One suggestion: After a download is complete, have the download speed color represent the average download speed for the entire download. Currently, it displays the color of the latest speed, so if the download was very slow until the last few seconds when it speeds up, the end color indicates it was a very fast download, instead of the more truthful, very slow speed overall. I know I can see the average speed by hovering the cursor over the download 'box', but it would be useful to have the color reflect that average speed as well.

Thanks again for a great add-on!
"On the web, nobody knows you're a rodent!"*
                *(except the NSA)
jlanza

Post by jlanza »

How can I delete a Custom Send To? I was testing the feature and now I have some that I don't want to be there.
Anguel

Post by Anguel »

Thanks for this great addon!
In Thunderbird I use it for antivirus-scanning via command line.
One problem I noticed: If I save some attachments from mails which arrived to the IMAP sub-folder Junk the external scanner is not launched. This happens for some attachment only, where the name is e.g.
Swift Copy.ace
or
ENQUIRY#9575.lzh
This is reproducible also if I send a different file with that name. Strangely the problem only occurs in one IMAP account, in the other not...

UPDATE: I also noticed that the plugin does not wait until the virus scan has actually completed. It goes ahead and opens the file before the scan has finished. This is fatal if the attachment contains a virus.
Calade

Post by Calade »

Hi,
Following a crash of FF during downloading, I can't remove the button.
Nor the Remove menu nor the desinstallation of the bar works.

Please how can I remove these buttons.
Thanks for your answer.

Calade
nkormanik

Post by nkormanik »

Two enhancement requests:

1) Option to disable floating info window, about present download. Sometimes that window gets in the way. In general I'd prefer it not even be there at all.

2) Please offer option to 'wrap' name of file being downloaded, to multi-lines. I use a large font for Download Status Bar. I can't see the entire filename, as a result. If name could be wrapped to several lines, I'd be able to see the entire name.

Thanks,
Nicholas Kormanik
codyjg

Post by codyjg »

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but there's too many parts to look through. Is there a version of this that is compatible with android? When I download it is greyed out and won't let me enable it.
scott092707

Post by scott092707 »

Am using D.S.B. 15.0.0.1 to scan downloads for virus using Sophos Antivirus for Linux.

Whenever a downloaded filename has a "funny" non-English character in it, the character does not get [correctly] passed along to the virus scanner,
which then cannot find and open the file.

For example:
Yesterday, the file
Die Ärzte "Lasse Redn"
was passed to Sophos as
Die �rzte "Lasse Redn"

and the file
Claudio Villa - Il mio paese è grande
was passed to Sophos as
Claudio Villa - Il mio paese � grande

I have since done a test straight from the terminal,
and Sophos is able to open and scan the two files just fine, correctly handling/printing the umlaut A and acute/grave e

I also tested D.S.B. by changing the "virus-scan" path to point to a media player (SMPlayer) and the arguments line just to "%1"
SMPlayer was not able to open the file, and the log shows the filename with the funny character completely missing - not even the placeholder
character (black square on point, with question-mark superimposed).

I would not have expected D.S.B. to do anything at all to the filename, except apparently putting quotes around the whole thing to handle white-space...

It apparently only happens when doing the virus-scan portion of the download, as the filenames of the downloaded files themselves are correct.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
In case it is somehow relevant:

scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AMPLUS:~$ uname -a
Linux scott-ASUS-M2N68-AMPLUS 4.10.0-21-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 28 16:14:22 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AMPLUS:~$ lsb_release -dsc
Ubuntu 17.04
zesty
scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AMPLUS:~$ echo $DESKTOP_SESSION
Lubuntu
scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AMPLUS:~$ firefox --version
Mozilla Firefox 53.0.3

Virus Scanner Path: "/opt/sophos-av/bin/savscan"
Arguments: "-archive -eec -p=/data/scott/Documents/Sophos_AV/ScanLog.txt -ns -nc -all -b -di --quarantine -move=/data/quarantine %1"
(quotes not present in actual option lines)
taosk8r

Post by taosk8r »

Does this have a feature to download concurrently with multiple instances on the same server (like the DTA features) to accelerate dl speed?
scott092707

Post by scott092707 »

>Does this have a feature to download concurrently with multiple instances on the same server (like the DTA features) to accelerate dl speed?
I see nothing like that in the options.

[Of course, if it does it automatically, with no way to change the behaviour, it would not appear in options...]
PictureThis

Post by PictureThis »

I stumbled upon this addon after Mozilla crippled the default downloader in Firefox 54: progress indicator no longer shows size or time remaining. Download Status Bar is a nice addon but no matter what I try, the keyboard shortcut is not working on Windows 64-bit Firefox 54. I have tried fiddling in the about:config with "extensions.downloadbar.shortcutkey" but to no avail.
harl windwolf

Post by harl windwolf »

Two feature requests:
1) Single-click pause/resume by clicking on the download bar.
2) A way to remove a download from the bar *without* deleting the file even when the download failed or was interrupted somehow (or wasn't recognised by DSB). This is relevant since DSB maintains its own list of downloads and not just replicates the built-in list of the browser. - If a download got interrupted (or wasn't recognised) and can't be "cleared" off the bar, the only way to remove it from the bar seems to be the "Delete" option, which isn't viable when I don't want to delete it.

PS: Also, the tooltip still behaves weirdly, it often gets stuck instead of disappearing soon after the mouse cursor leaves the download bar/button. And sometimes the tooltip re-appears behind the context menu and makes it unusable.