[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mschmidt_glz

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by mschmidt_glz »

Sorry, I have a Problem with the Download Status Bar. The Argument of the Virus Scanner take no Effect.
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

mschmidt_glz wrote:Sorry, I have a Problem with the Download Status Bar. The Argument of the Virus Scanner take no Effect.

It works for me on linux. See this post to see how I did it.
Klint

Post by Klint »

Hello xadiCanione
Would it be possible to add the download date to the details when hovering a file in the bar?
Thanks for everything
Olivier
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Klint wrote:Hello xadiCanione
Would it be possible to add the download date to the details when hovering a file in the bar?
Thanks for everything
Olivier

Hi Klint,

Thank you very much for your review.

Sure, it can be added as an option. Added it in my to-dos list.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

mschmidt_glz wrote:Sorry, I have a Problem with the Download Status Bar. The Argument of the Virus Scanner take no Effect.

Hello mschmidt_glz,

Because some virus scanners do not support arguments, argument feature may not work for you. Could you make sure the scanner software has argument support?

If you can detail which os and virus scanner you have, it would be helpful to test.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

DTMartin wrote:
BenYeeHua wrote:
DTMartin wrote:I'm having a problem with v11.5.0 with FF 32.0.3 and Win7x64. The Download Status Bar shows a pdf file with "0KB" size and I can't make it clear from the status bar. I can close the status bar but as soon as it opens again for some other file download that phantom, empty pdf file shows up again. I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it but it didn't help.

Try clean up your download history?
You can open it by clicking CTRL+J

If this don't works and you still get the same download showing on the Download Status Bar and the Download history, you may try using Safe Mode to see did it will gone or not, if it gone, then it can be caused by extensions, if it is not, then it can be your profile places.sqlite is broken, and you need to reset your Firefox profile.
The phantom file is not in my download history. Clearing the history was the first thing I tried.

Hi DTMartin,

Thank you so much for your review.

Your add-on's files and settings may be broken. Please Remove the add-on from Extensions page. Restart Firefox to remove old files and settings. Reinstall again from official site to have a fresh install of the add-on.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

BenYeeHua wrote:
xadiCanione wrote:Hi BenYeeHua,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.11.5.0 and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ons/11.5.0

✓ Fix for Nightly Options Window

Cheers

Hi, sorry for a bit late reply.
Yes, it works, and the setting did showing fine and saved as it should be.

But the second error still there, and I am not sure why it is showing that, as the options look fine, and the "Preview Sound" Player did works...
(and I might be wrong as I don't remember how it should look like)

Code: Select all

Invalid URI. Load of media resource  failed. options.xul

But I guess this error should be showing on Stable Firefox too?
Because it look like just a false alarm.
---
And, Thank for the fix. :D

TR;DR: Except the media resource error still there, everything including Options, Statistics are working fine.

Hi BenYeeHua,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

It is just a warning. Maybe because add-on loads the <audio> tag without any src value provided when the window opens up. The add-on does not load any sound file for audio tag to prevent any delay for window opening. Sound is loaded after the preferences fetched.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hal1900 wrote:xadiCanione, would you mind posting here when you have added the toggle icon? I keep looking for it after each update so that I can test it, but it's time-consuming to do if it has not actually been implemented. Many thanks!

Hi Hal1900,

Do you mean the Toggle option from Firefox Menu / Tools / Download Status Bar / Toggle Download Bar or? You can also use CTRL + ALT + D short-cut for Windows and SHILF+ALT+D for Mac.

Cheers
BenYeeHua

Post by BenYeeHua »

xadiCanione wrote:Hi BenYeeHua,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

It is just a warning. Maybe because add-on loads the <audio> tag without any src value provided when the window opens up. The add-on does not load any sound file for audio tag to prevent any delay for window opening. Sound is loaded after the preferences fetched.

Cheers

Hi,

Roger, and thank for the support. :D
Klint

Post by Klint »

Hi xadiCanione
I have a small pb with the addon in Thunderbird 31: I can't drag&drop the last downloaded file from the download bar right after I downloaded it, the one at the right, whereas it is fine for older downloads on the left. However, it works after restarting TB.
Thanks again
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Klint wrote:Hi xadiCanione
I have a small pb with the addon in Thunderbird 31: I can't drag&drop the last downloaded file from the download bar right after I downloaded it, the one at the right, whereas it is fine for older downloads on the left. However, it works after restarting TB.
Thanks again

Hi Klint,

Which os do you have? What happens if you download another file after the last download? Do both of them gets stuck or the former gets OK?

Cheers
Klint

Post by Klint »

Hi xadiCanione
Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm on Win 7 64bits. And actually, it seems that all downloads since the last restart get stuck.
Cheers
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

Quite some time ago I installed your extension in Firefox but removed it after finding out that I could not download files, vids etc. to my desktop = my favorite place. Or perhaps didn't set up it properly?

Bummer as I used to use Download Statusbar 0.9.10 but this extension is no longer being maintained for a long time. This one would allow me to download to the desktop.

Although very late .... May I ask you the developer if you can do something for me? I would really, really appreciate it!
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Oma1942 wrote:Quite some time ago I installed your extension in Firefox but removed it after finding out that I could not download files, vids etc. to my desktop = my favorite place. Or perhaps didn't set up it properly?

Bummer as I used to use Download Statusbar 0.9.10 but this extension is no longer being maintained for a long time. This one would allow me to download to the desktop.

Although very late .... May I ask you the developer if you can do something for me? I would really, really appreciate it!

Hello Oma1942,

Sure, what is the feature you are requesting please?

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Klint wrote:Hi xadiCanione
Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm on Win 7 64bits. And actually, it seems that all downloads since the last restart get stuck.
Cheers

Hi Klint,

Thank you so much for your the feedback.

I can confirm the bug. You may want to use "Send To" feature meanwhile I look into the issue.

Cheers