[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
xadiCanione

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by xadiCanione »

Hello,

Thank you very much for all your feedback, review and kind words. I will reply each one of them when I have a chance.

I sent a new iteration. Please install v1.7.5 and feedback on it.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.7.5

Change
✓ Disable virus scan for certain file types
✓ Automatically close download bar when all downloads complete
✓ Open download directory when the download is completed

Cheers
roggaro

Post by roggaro »

this is what I ask for and hopefully it will work ;) I consider to upgrade my dear FF lol
roggaro

Post by roggaro »

roggaro wrote:does it it open the statusbar when I DL and then close or what? really don't like the statusbar

this must cure all irritation

EDIT: thank you xadiCanione for your hard work :banana:
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

Looking good, your doing a job getting this up & working.

Now that we can change download color, can we have an option to change download completed color..?? :D
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

First of all, thank you very much for this add-on.
I just tried 1.7.5 and the best thing is that it closes after all downloads are complete.
Still there's this bug where Download Status Bar is too big (more than twice the size of the ordinary status bar), when you click the black arrow of the download manager during an unfinished download.
What confuses me is, sometimes it's even too big right from the beginning. Then I have to restart FF.
After that, it's at its normal size as long as I don't click the black arrow again.

Don't know if it will help you, but this is happening on my XP Home SP3 with FF26.0 and version 1.7.5 of your add-on.
Besides my video and audio files are associated to my default media player which is KMPlayer 3.7.0.113.

I just noticed something else:
Even after changing browser.download.manager.retention from 2 to 1, the download history is still present within the download manager.
At least, the entries when I click on the black arrow are gone though.

Is there any chance to automatically delete the download history from within the download manager, but without losing the browsing history?
Unfortunately, the Mozilla coders seem to have merged both of these histories in the privacy settings of FF.

Finally, I 'd like to suggest an option where Download Status Bar will be closed automatically after canceling or clearing the last download left in the bar.
roggaro

Post by roggaro »

only one BIG issue about this... how do we tell the rest of the world to get this ADD-ON :roll:
ranasrule

Post by ranasrule »

i cant seem to download 1.7.5....link is disabled
ranasrule

Post by ranasrule »

Centauri39 wrote:Finally, I 'd like to suggest an option where Download Status Bar will be closed automatically after canceling or clearing the last download left in the bar.

+1
Santa_Fe

Post by Santa_Fe »

I installed the latest version (1.6.19) and neither Clear the download item after launching it or Clear the download item after showing file work when check marked. The file finished downloading & the progress bars stay showing. I was hoping picking one or the other would make the bar go away when the download is finished. Otherwise this is great! Thank you! ;)

Forgot to say, this happens on both Firefox 26 final, and Firefox 27 Beta 1. Running Kubuntu 13.10. :)
Last edited by Santa_Fe on December 13th, 2013, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Santa_Fe wrote:I installed the latest version (1.6.19) and neither Clear the download item after launching it or Clear the download item after showing file work when check marked. The file finished downloading & the progress bars stay showing. I was hoping picking one or the other would make the bar go away when the download is finished. Otherwise this is great! Thank you! ;)

Same here.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

ranasrule wrote:i cant seem to download 1.7.5....link is disabled

It works, but with FF26 you have to click the link add to Firefox, than you get another window below that & have to click add to Firefox, than 1 more window in the upper left side of Firefox to allow.
It's because it hasn't been approved yet...that's why the link is yellow & not green.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

You must have not read the thread... see authors last post > viewtopic.php?p=13249607#p13249607
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

For those who are unable to install 1.7.5, are you sure you were looking for it at the right place?

Please, try again here.
You can also find that page like this:
Go to the page where 1.6.19 is offered.
Scroll down until you see "Version Information" and expand that section.
Click "See complete version history".
There you are! :)

If you don't see any "Add to Firefox" button, please move your mouse pointer into the topmost section, the one referring to version 1.7.5.
Then the missing button will appear.
Since this add-on has not yet been officially verified by Mozilla, it's a yellow button, not the ordinary green one.
ranasrule

Post by ranasrule »

Cancel doesn't cancel, it pauses
ranasrule

Post by ranasrule »

Centauri39 wrote:For those who are unable to install 1.7.5, are you sure you were looking for it at the right place?

Please, try again here.
You can also find that page like this:
Go to the page where 1.6.19 is offered.
Scroll down until you see "Version Information" and expand that section.
Click "See complete version history".
There you are! :)

If you don't see any "Add to Firefox" button, please move your mouse pointer into the topmost section, the one referring to version 1.7.5.
Then the missing button will appear.
Since this add-on has not yet been officially verified by Mozilla, it's a yellow button, not the ordinary green one.

the "download now" button is there but cant be clicked... :cry:

can someone please upload the .xpi file somewhere