[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
xadiCanione

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi,

I uploaded another update v.1.9.0. Could you install and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.9.0

✓ Download Speed Color
✓ locale fi-FI

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

The Grinch wrote:Finnish translation done.

Hi Grinch,

Thank you so much for your help.

I added your fi-FI localization in add-on. Could you please install and review v1.9.0?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.9.0

And another localization update sent for Babelzilla.

Cheers.
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

Ok, I changed my mind and I'm registered now.

What I don't know yet is how to use Babelzilla now, after being logged in?
Especially, how do I get to the translation section in order to add mine, please?

I just added the following strings to the options.dtd of my translation for 1.8.8 (see my according post for that version) to make it work for 1.9.0.

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.pprnc "Ansicht">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.bdnwtdh "Bandbreite">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.spdd "Downloadgeschwindigkeit">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.slwstspd "Niedrigste Geschwindigkeit">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.vrgspd "Normale Geschwindigkeit">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.fstsspd "Höchste Geschwindigkeit">
Masur

Post by Masur »

xadiCanione wrote:http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... &type=show

So sorry for asking you translate twice but Babelzilla is recommended to manage localizations for Firefox add-ons.

Cheers

Sorry Dude, but somehow I cannot register there. It keeps telling me that something is wrong with the supplied details and that they don't accept temporary email addresses (and I'm not providing such). Still would love to make a Polish version for you.
Masur

Post by Masur »

After testing 1.9.0.

1. Still when starting the download of the same file (overwriting it), downloadbar doesn't launch (or it it's launched already; doesn't show this progress).
2. Cleaning all file types after x sec with * in the options doesn't work.
3. In the appereance window it would be cool to have the "reset" option, that would bring all selections back to the original setting (ones after a fresh installation; so no colors selected).
4. It would be awesome to include following information about a download: [file_name.ext - 0.0 MB/000.0 MB - 0h00m - 0.0 kb/s]. And a smaller font can be used; or maybe even two rows for some of these data.
5. Red frame or something similar for the paused downloads?
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

Basic functionality is there, but it doesn't show any downloads...
topoldo

Post by topoldo »

Hi.
First of all I want to congratulate with the author of this extension which is going to be a worthy replacement for "Download Statusbar" I have been using until FF 25.0.1.
I decide to adopt it and I registered as its Italian translator.
Now I'm going to start to fill-in all the strings. Then I want to do an extensive debugging of i before releasing it.

Anyway, what I would like to ask here is if it is possible to have some options I was used to have in Download Statusbar, ie:
1. The option to clear the content of the download status bar when FF closes. This way you can have a persistent Download status bar with all the downloads until you're in your FF session. When you close FF all the downloads are cleared.
2. The option to clear all the downloads but maintain the download statusbar open just by right clicking somewhere in the download status bar choosing an item for clearing all the downloads maintaining the download statusbar active.
3. The addition of a menu item in the FF Tools menu for opening/activating the Download status bar as an alternative to the shortcut CTRL+ALT+D to activate it, in absence of a download.

Thx in advance,
Leopoldo Saggin aka Topoldo
The Grinch

Post by The Grinch »

1.9.0 working fine as far as Finnish translation is concerned, although I found an error which I fixed last night in Babelzilla - and also translated the new lines.

Waiting for another release now, huge thanks for your work so far!
topoldo

Post by topoldo »

I found a lack in the Babelzilla list of strings to translate (seems to be Download Status Bar, v.1.9.0).
As reported in the image below, when you right-click on the "Download button" of the status bar, the pop-up menu which opens, lists a series of items but one, "Options" is still in English even after I completed my translation of strings into Italian as they are actually at Babelzilla.
Please, add this "Options" instance to terms to translate.
Thx
Topoldo

topoldo

Post by topoldo »

Another little request.
Is it possible to have the pop-up menu with the list of choices one has if he/she right-clicks on the download status bar button, when one right-clicks wherever on the download status bar?
This way using the dowload status bar button becomes optional (like in the Download Statusbar extension I used until FF 25.0.1) and one can earn space for additional downloads.
Tnx
Topoldo
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

Ok, now Babelzilla is working and I've also put the german files there.

After creating an inofficial xpi (only for me and for testing of v.1.9.0),
I found the speed section looks a bit strange in both the english and the german version.

You can enter values to slow speed and to fast speed, but not to average speed.

In the options where you enter the seconds for the closing delay, that's wider than neccessary.
topoldo

Post by topoldo »

Centauri39 wrote:Ok, now Babelzilla is working and I've also put the german files there.
After creating an inofficial xpi (only for me and for testing of v.1.9.0)...

I had to build an inofficial version by myself because when I tried to d it, the .xpi file generated by Babelzilla was corrupted.
Besides, did you find also in the German translation that you cannot translate the string "Options" which appears when you right click on the Download button because it is lacking, as I reported a couple of posts above?

Cheers,
Topoldo
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi again,

I sent another iteration for Firefox. Could you please install and review v1.9.2?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.9.2

✓ Download Background Color
✓ Tools menu
✓ Flexable Download item
✓ Fixed Download width
✓ locale de-German
✓ locale it-Italian
✓ locale nl-Dutch

The Glinch, Centauri39, topoldo and markh, thank you so much for your help on localization. Your help means a lot to me.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

topoldo wrote:I found a lack in the Babelzilla list of strings to translate (seems to be Download Status Bar, v.1.9.0).
As reported in the image below, when you right-click on the "Download button" of the status bar, the pop-up menu which opens, lists a series of items but one, "Options" is still in English even after I completed my translation of strings into Italian as they are actually at Babelzilla.
Please, add this "Options" instance to terms to translate.
Thx
Topoldo

Hi topoldo,

Thanks for reporting this. It is now localized in the v.1.9.2. I updated the file for Babelzilla too.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.9.2

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Paenglab wrote:Hi xadiCanione,

In downloadbar.css you have the background defined for all possible browser engines which put a lot of errors in console. As this extension is only for Fx >26 you need only background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #cdeb8e 0%,#a5c956 100%);

And please to make the life for themers easier, don't use !important where it isn't needed (like indownloadbar.xul and components.js), because there is no style you have to override.

Hi Paenglab, thank you so much for your help. I will erase up those styles in the next versions as you suggest.

I used !important because some people reported that download bar were getting bigger vertically for non-default themes. Therefore till I figure out what is the actual cause I tried to fix layout by !important. I will also remove them for the next versions. If you have any other suggestion for design and styles please let me know.

Cheers