[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JayhawksRock

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by JayhawksRock »

@ranasrule
Download / Install the extension With Firefox 26+ and you will have no problem. Note the compatability info > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-1.7.5

This authors version works in the Firefox 10 that you appear to be using > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ostpopular
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

@ranasrule
Are you sure you've installed Firefox 26.0?
No previous version of Firefox is compatible!

If the button says "Download now" and doesn't change into "Add to Firefox" right away, most likely you have Javascript disabled.
After re-enabling it, you should see the missing button.

To re-enable Javascript, please open a new tab and enter...

about:config

...into your address bar, hit the "Enter" button of your keyboard and click the button of the following warning.
Now you will see a lot of entries, sorted alphabetically and above of those, there's a search bar.

Please enter...

javascript.enabled

... into that search bar.

Now you will see two entries, one of those saying javascript.enabled.

If that line has the value false, doubleclick that line (not the other one) to change it into true.

Close the about:config tab and restart Firefox.

From now on, when you are on an add-on page, you should be able to see the "Add to Firefox" button
and you will be able to install add-ons the way it's usually done.

If you install Prefbar now, you will be able to toggle some features much easier, but first you will have to follow my guide.
Negativeions

Post by Negativeions »

The downloads panel is ok. It's fast and looks nice. And I like seeing the progress of the download on the button. Is it possible to just add a few things to the downloads panel?
1. See the download speed in the panel.
2. See more than 3 downloads in the panel.
3. Option to make panel automatically appear when downloading and disappear when finished.
ranasrule

Post by ranasrule »

Centauri39 wrote:@ranasrule
Are you sure you've installed Firefox 26.0?
No previous version of Firefox is compatible!

If the button says "Download now" and doesn't change into "Add to Firefox" right away, most likely you have Javascript disabled.
After re-enabling it, you should see the missing button.

To re-enable Javascript, please open a new tab and enter...

about:config

...into your address bar, hit the "Enter" button of your keyboard and click the button of the following warning.
Now you will see a lot of entries, sorted alphabetically and above of those, there's a search bar.

Please enter...

javascript.enabled

... into that search bar.

Now you will see two entries, one of those saying javascript.enabled.

If that line has the value false, doubleclick that line (not the other one) to change it into true.

Close the about:config tab and restart Firefox.

From now on, when you are on an add-on page, you should be able to see the "Add to Firefox" button
and you will be able to install add-ons the way it's usually done.

If you install Prefbar now, you will be able to toggle some features much easier, but first you will have to follow my guide.

yes sir Im using Firefox 26...JS is fully enabled...Im only getting the unclickable "Add to Firefox" button for version 1.7.5 its enabled for all other versions eg 1.6.19
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

Oh, that's bad news.
Now, I've run out of ideas about how to solve your problem.
I don't know what's wrong with your Firefox, sorry.

Well, maybe there IS one last chance:
Did you try to empty your cache and then reload that page?
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

I've just upgraded to 1.7.5 on my Win XP machine, and everything works as expected. Again, my sincere thanks to the author for a super job!
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Negativeions wrote:... 3. Option to make panel automatically appear when downloading and disappear when finished.
As far as I can see, in 1.7.5 this works fine.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
James

Post by James »

ranasrule wrote:yes sir Im using Firefox 26...JS is fully enabled...Im only getting the unclickable "Add to Firefox" button for version 1.7.5 its enabled for all other versions eg 1.6.19

Then why does your useragent on bottom right of post say you are using Firefox 10.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-say-firefox-outdated-or-incompatible#w_firefox-is-showing-the-wrong-user-agent

Perhaps this will work even as copy and paste it into Location (address) bar.
https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/_files/476246/download_status_bar-1.7.5-fx.xpi

\/ Hmm odd not sure why it was Disaproved when Approved was clicked Sorry about that. \/
The Grinch

Post by The Grinch »

For some reason my first post was disapproved for advertising (WTF?) so I'll try this again.

The statusbar shouldn't automatically close when downloads are done, only when they are cleared from the bar.

edit: No probs James, and of course big thanks to the developer for this extension.
ranasrule

Post by ranasrule »

James wrote:
ranasrule wrote:yes sir Im using Firefox 26...JS is fully enabled...Im only getting the unclickable "Add to Firefox" button for version 1.7.5 its enabled for all other versions eg 1.6.19

Then why does your useragent on bottom right of post say you are using Firefox 10.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-say-firefox-outdated-or-incompatible#w_firefox-is-showing-the-wrong-user-agent

Perhaps this will work even as copy and paste it into Location (address) bar.
https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/_files/476246/download_status_bar-1.7.5-fx.xpi

\/ Hmm odd not sure why it was Disaproved when Approved was clicked Sorry about that. \/

for some reason my useragent was messed up...I reset it and all is good now...thanks
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for your all precious comments and suggestions.

I just sent a new version 1.7.9
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.7.9

✓ Add-on is fully localizable
✓ Options as Dialog
✓ Options reachable as Add-on Preferences in Tools / Add-ons / Download Status Bar
✓ Last Clear will auto close Download Bar

Could you please help me on translating this add-on into other languages? You can either post the strings into this post or send me the zip of DTD files. If you find any typo or ambiguity in strings please let me know.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Lion7718 wrote:Needs to have it in the Add-ons Manager...like other add-ons.

Hi Lion7718, thanks for suggestion. I added Options button in Add-ons Manager. Could you review it?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.7.9
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Rangerhere wrote:Hi ...thanks for bringing this add on back to life..your doing a great job...as you add more options with each version it keeps getting better...keep up the good work...your making lots of people very happy

Thanks Again :D

Hi Rangerhere, thank you so much for your kind words.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

JoeG wrote:I've just upgraded to 1.7.5 on my Win XP machine, and everything works as expected. Again, my sincere thanks to the author for a super job!

Hi JoeG,

Thanks again for your encouraging reviews.

Cheers.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

xadiCanione.

You may want to move this to the top of the About this Add-on paragraph.
You can get more detailed support from Mozillazine topic:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2782661

Too many people are using the Reviews section for what I consider support questions, feature suggestions, and general complaints; consequently the ratings are skewed lower than what (IMO) this extension deserves. I think that most users don't see the Support site hyperlink in the right-hand column.

Please add some screenshots to the download page, to show potential users what the Downloads Bar looks like.
I would like to see some way of opening the Downloads bar without doing a download; via keyboard or a toolbar button.

Also, you might mention that it is designed for the upcoming Australis / UX interface, and "works" with the existing interface. Or at least that is my appraisal of the situation.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.