[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
syldub

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by syldub »

It would it be nice if the download will be able to be cleared in the download bar when we SHIFT + drag & drop the file to Windows Explorer (please implement an option for that!).
swsquish

Post by swsquish »

Is anyone else having the issue of not being able to clear downloads? I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled and the same download is still present in the bar.
drumtrucker

Post by drumtrucker »

Have some failed/incomplete downloads that will NOT clear.
Steve B
longhaultrucker
dougjp

Post by dougjp »

I am also having the failed/incomplete downloads that will not clear. For example, downloaded nVidia driver and DSB said 100% downloaded, but it only had 'part' as an extension, obviously something in the closeout of DSB froze? Disabling will clear however despite closing the browser, restarting the computer and then opening the browser, at that point reactivating DSB brings back the same download which won't clear. I have also tried the various options to automatically clear on shutdown of the browser, also doesn't work.
drumtrucker

Post by drumtrucker »

if someone could figure out where the 'list' is in the system, maybe we could go in and force clear it. I poked around some, but could not find anything that looked promising. Not even sure if the info is stored in a manner that would allow editing anyway
Steve B
longhaultrucker
OldUncleMe

Post by OldUncleMe »

Ubuntu 15.10, with FireFox 46 (updated yesterday), using D/L Status Bar v. 13.4.2.2

After a download, when I click to open the file location, it stalls all of the browser's activity for up to 10 minutes;
suddenly it opens the system's file browser (Thunar) and the browser start working again normally.

Is there a setting or procedure to fix this? Is it a known problem?

Thanks!
Rigido

Post by Rigido »

I had a "permanent" download on the bar on latest Nightly build with DSB 13.4.2.2.
I just went to the profile folder then on ./downloadbar and cleared history.json (there was just one entry) and everything looks good now.
Ciao,
Rigido.
OldUncleMe

Post by OldUncleMe »

Now changed to Ubuntu 16.04 the LTS version; if anything, the problem is worse now.
Clicking open file location causes the computer to freeze for minutes at a time: is
this due to using on Linux? I had such a problem on windows, but it was not as bad.
MaxRossi

Post by MaxRossi »

Suggest:

Sorry,my English is not so good.
I am not good at English.
asdafds

Post by asdafds »

Statistics page shows 'unsafe connection' ("SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN") from "chart.apis.google.com" and can't be bypassed.

Also on "chrome://downloadbar/content/help.xhtml" clicking on a flag redirect me on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/ instead of the translated page of the help like it's written.
woefully

Post by woefully »

Hello xadiCanione, just wanted to say that Download Status Bar doesn't seem to work with Pale Moon 27 (beta version atm).
joeyconnick

Post by joeyconnick »

Rigido wrote:I had a "permanent" download on the bar on latest Nightly build with DSB 13.4.2.2.
I just went to the profile folder then on ./downloadbar and cleared history.json (there was just one entry) and everything looks good now.
Thank you... I was having the same problem and this fixed it.

In my case, it was fine for browser downloads in SeaMonkey (i.e. they would clear), but the two entries I had that wouldn't clear were downloaded mail attachments.
Llyweilun

Post by Llyweilun »

Hi and Kudos to Szalgiris for developing it.
One Feature I'd like and haven't found so far is to give different dowloads different prioritys.
For example i'm downloading a large file e.g. DVD or Bluray ISO (which i need in a few hours or days...) etc and another thing at the same time. I think it would be nice to give one download less priority so that the other download can go on faster.
PC Martin Seattle

Post by PC Martin Seattle »

woefully wrote:Hello xadiCanione, just wanted to say that Download Status Bar doesn't seem to work with Pale Moon 27 (beta version atm).
I can confirm that Download Status Bar 15.0.0.1 doesn't work in Pale Moon 27.0 x64 (final). It installs, uninstalls, enables, and disables just fine, but it doesn't display and it doesn't do anything it's supposed to (e.g., automatically open the folder a file is saved to when the download is complete).

Fabulous extension, by the way!
DreamRyderX

Post by DreamRyderX »

PC Martin Seattle wrote:
woefully wrote:Hello xadiCanione, just wanted to say that Download Status Bar doesn't seem to work with Pale Moon 27 (beta version atm).
I can confirm that Download Status Bar 15.0.0.1 doesn't work in Pale Moon 27.0 x64 (final). It installs, uninstalls, enables, and disables just fine, but it doesn't display and it doesn't do anything it's supposed to (e.g., automatically open the folder a file is saved to when the download is complete).

Fabulous extension, by the way!
I too wish to sadly confirm the this excellent extension/add-on does not work in PaleMoon v27.

If it is any way humanly possible, could it be updated to once again be the shining star amongst add-ons.....head & shoulders above all the others.

This add-on is so vital for my operations! Image
[i]Democracy - is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty - is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.[/i][/font]

-- I may disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it. --