MozillaZine

[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
xadiCanione
 
Posts: 459
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted September 25th, 2014, 1:48 pm

BenYeeHua wrote:Hi, xadiCanione.
Just want to said that Download Status Bar is currently broken in Nightly because of this change, you may wanna fix it. :)

Bug 1001090 - Implement ES6 "temporal dead zone" for let and const
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1001090


Hi BenYeeHua,

Thank you so much for the bug report. I am on it.

Cheers

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 459
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted September 25th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Psychopomp wrote:
xadiCanione wrote:
Psychopomp wrote:Is it possible to have autohide?


Hi Psychopomp,

Thank you very much for your review.

Are you asking autohide for Download Bar? You can activate Automatically close download bar when all downloads complete option in Options window.

Cheers


I would like that Download Bar never closes, only hides on bottom after some time (10 seconds after all downloads are completed :)) like Win7 auto-hide taskbar :)


Hi Psychopomp,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is a bit hard to implement but I added it in my to-dos list.

Cheers

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 459
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted September 25th, 2014, 1:53 pm

wOxxOm wrote:xadiCanione, can you add an option to show "Download link" (or simply "Download") to the link context menu, so that this command would silently download the link to Downloads folder? I've been using this feature for many years in the ancient Opera and it was a nice timesaver.


Hi wOxxOm,

Thank you so much for your review.

Sure, I will look what can I do for the feature after I fix the Nightly bug. Thank you very much for your understanding and patience.

Cheers

DinGo
 
Posts: 132
Joined: June 18th, 2004, 12:29 pm
Location: Stockport UK

Post Posted September 25th, 2014, 2:11 pm



I keep on trying to think of features I could request in wrote:
Daniel Beardsmore wrote:Does anyone else find that Copy Download Link doesn't work? I think it worked at one point, but it's not worked on my PC for a while now. (Currently Firefox 32.0.2, XP, Download Status Bar 11.0.0.)

If I open Tools → Downloads and right-click a download and select Copy Download Link, it works correctly. The problem appears to be within Download Status Bar itself.

It would be nice to have this confirmed though (in case it really is just me!)


Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your review.

It works for me. Maybe a glitch about your Firefox profile or add-on settings.

You may want to remove the add-on from Firefox Menu / Tools / Add-ons / Extensions / Download Status Bar / Remove button. Restart Firefox. And install it again from official page to reset settings and files:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/

Cheers


The Copy Download Link works for me as well.

Keep up the good work xadiCanione :D

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 459
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted September 26th, 2014, 8:17 am

Hi all,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.11.3.0 and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ons/11.3.0

✓ Fix for Broken Nightly Support

Cheers

BenYeeHua
 
Posts: 874
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 2:57 am

Post Posted September 26th, 2014, 8:31 am

xadiCanione wrote:Hi all,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.11.3.0 and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ons/11.3.0

✓ Fix for Broken Nightly Support

Cheers

Hi,
Only the Options dialog is still broken, and the Browser Console is showing this information.

Code: Select all
TypeError: redeclaration of variable hex options.js:1118
-----
Invalid URI. Load of media resource  failed. options.xul

The Download Status Bar did showing up and working as it should be, thank for the fix. :D

TR;DR:Except Options dialog, everything works fine.

j_schultz
 
Posts: 8
Joined: January 14th, 2014, 8:56 am

Post Posted September 29th, 2014, 3:40 am

xadiCanione wrote:
j_schultz wrote:A few days ago, the following problem started happening: Sometimes, when shortly hovering a downloaded entry (might just have happened because you were dragging your mouse over the bar), the information bubble for the entry appears and never disappears again, even after cleaning all downloads from the status bar.
I also reported another issue a while ago which is still present - namely that hovering an entry in the download bar will force the keyboard input focus to the information bubble, which might be unwanted if you have focussed the address bar. At least in my case it is, because it means I have to drag the mouse again to the address bar, or click on the page content and press F6, which is both not very user-friendly.

Hi j_schultz,

Thank you so much for your review.

Which operating system and Firefox version please?

Sorry for the missing feature. I did not actually code to steal focus from anything but default popup behavior steals the focus automatically. I will look what can I do for the issue.

Cheers

Firefox 32 on Windows 7. The first problem described in my post is no longer present, I think, but the other one still is.

Daniel Beardsmore

User avatar
 
Posts: 13
Joined: January 15th, 2014, 9:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post Posted September 29th, 2014, 10:35 am

xadiCanione wrote:
Daniel Beardsmore wrote:Does anyone else find that Copy Download Link doesn't work? …


Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your review.

It works for me. Maybe a glitch about your Firefox profile or add-on settings.



It did work once the other day, so it seems to be intermittent. It could still be a bad interaction with True Launch Bar's ClipBoard Manager — if other see it working, I may need to dig deeper.

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 459
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted October 2nd, 2014, 6:12 am

BenYeeHua wrote:
xadiCanione wrote:Hi all,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.11.3.0 and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ons/11.3.0

✓ Fix for Broken Nightly Support

Cheers

Hi,
Only the Options dialog is still broken, and the Browser Console is showing this information.

Code: Select all
TypeError: redeclaration of variable hex options.js:1118
-----
Invalid URI. Load of media resource  failed. options.xul

The Download Status Bar did showing up and working as it should be, thank for the fix. :D

TR;DR:Except Options dialog, everything works fine.


Hi BenYeeHua,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.11.5.0 and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ons/11.5.0

✓ Fix for Nightly Options Window

Cheers

xadiCanione
 
Posts: 459
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Post Posted October 2nd, 2014, 6:17 am

j_schultz wrote:
xadiCanione wrote:
j_schultz wrote:A few days ago, the following problem started happening: Sometimes, when shortly hovering a downloaded entry (might just have happened because you were dragging your mouse over the bar), the information bubble for the entry appears and never disappears again, even after cleaning all downloads from the status bar.
I also reported another issue a while ago which is still present - namely that hovering an entry in the download bar will force the keyboard input focus to the information bubble, which might be unwanted if you have focussed the address bar. At least in my case it is, because it means I have to drag the mouse again to the address bar, or click on the page content and press F6, which is both not very user-friendly.

Hi j_schultz,

Thank you so much for your review.

Which operating system and Firefox version please?

Sorry for the missing feature. I did not actually code to steal focus from anything but default popup behavior steals the focus automatically. I will look what can I do for the issue.

Cheers

Firefox 32 on Windows 7. The first problem described in my post is no longer present, I think, but the other one still is.

Hi j_schultz,

I am looking into it now. Hope to release it in a few days.

Cheers

Hal1900
 
Posts: 39
Joined: November 7th, 2004, 7:05 am

Post Posted October 2nd, 2014, 6:30 am

xadiCanione, would you mind posting here when you have added the toggle icon? I keep looking for it after each update so that I can test it, but it's time-consuming to do if it has not actually been implemented. Many thanks!

BenYeeHua
 
Posts: 874
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 2:57 am

Post Posted October 2nd, 2014, 2:27 pm

xadiCanione wrote:Hi BenYeeHua,

I sent another update for Download Status Bar. Could you install v.11.5.0 and review it please?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ons/11.5.0

✓ Fix for Nightly Options Window

Cheers

Hi, sorry for a bit late reply.
Yes, it works, and the setting did showing fine and saved as it should be.

But the second error still there, and I am not sure why it is showing that, as the options look fine, and the "Preview Sound" Player did works...
(and I might be wrong as I don't remember how it should look like)
Code: Select all
Invalid URI. Load of media resource  failed. options.xul

But I guess this error should be showing on Stable Firefox too?
Because it look like just a false alarm.
---
And, Thank for the fix. :D

TR;DR: Except the media resource error still there, everything including Options, Statistics are working fine.

DTMartin
 
Posts: 44
Joined: October 20th, 2004, 9:45 am

Post Posted October 6th, 2014, 5:17 am

I'm having a problem with v11.5.0 with FF 32.0.3 and Win7x64. The Download Status Bar shows a pdf file with "0KB" size and I can't make it clear from the status bar. I can close the status bar but as soon as it opens again for some other file download that phantom, empty pdf file shows up again. I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it but it didn't help.

BenYeeHua
 
Posts: 874
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 2:57 am

Post Posted October 6th, 2014, 1:12 pm

DTMartin wrote:I'm having a problem with v11.5.0 with FF 32.0.3 and Win7x64. The Download Status Bar shows a pdf file with "0KB" size and I can't make it clear from the status bar. I can close the status bar but as soon as it opens again for some other file download that phantom, empty pdf file shows up again. I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it but it didn't help.

Try clean up your download history?
You can open it by clicking CTRL+J

If this don't works and you still get the same download showing on the Download Status Bar and the Download history, you may try using Safe Mode to see did it will gone or not, if it gone, then it can be caused by extensions, if it is not, then it can be your profile places.sqlite is broken, and you need to reset your Firefox profile.

DTMartin
 
Posts: 44
Joined: October 20th, 2004, 9:45 am

Post Posted October 6th, 2014, 1:28 pm

BenYeeHua wrote:
DTMartin wrote:I'm having a problem with v11.5.0 with FF 32.0.3 and Win7x64. The Download Status Bar shows a pdf file with "0KB" size and I can't make it clear from the status bar. I can close the status bar but as soon as it opens again for some other file download that phantom, empty pdf file shows up again. I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it but it didn't help.

Try clean up your download history?
You can open it by clicking CTRL+J

If this don't works and you still get the same download showing on the Download Status Bar and the Download history, you may try using Safe Mode to see did it will gone or not, if it gone, then it can be caused by extensions, if it is not, then it can be your profile places.sqlite is broken, and you need to reset your Firefox profile.
The phantom file is not in my download history. Clearing the history was the first thing I tried.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests