[EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yarrmateys

Re: [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by yarrmateys »

that's exactly what i meant when i said "extension that tricks google store into letting the extensions be installed into firefox". the extensions i tried to install with that don't work right, for example chrono download manager doesn't capture links at all. firefox's webextension api implementation isn't complete yet.
freakout87

Post by freakout87 »

pag77 wrote:
yarrmateys wrote:what exactly is the obstacle related to though? is it capturing the file download progress data so it could be displayed elsewhere, or something else?
rename, check virus, check md5, show in bottom panel (only show in button-toolbar or inject html to any site), etc...
Hi there,

I absolutely love this extension. The only feature that I've ever cared about is being able to have the download bar at the bottom of the screen, so I don't have to have a stupid window hovering over the top of my page to monitor progress, that closes as soon as I click outside of it.

I would be willing to pay hundreds of dollars to get just that ability back. Is there really *no* way it can be done????
yarrmateys

Post by yarrmateys »

there's no bar api in webextension api as of now, so probably not, unless you inject it into every webpage you visit. that tends to slow the tab down the more scripts are injected. if you already have stuff like scriptish, greasemonkey, an adblocker, password manager, google translator, mouse gestures and visit a script heavy site like an image board or forum with hundreds of posts being parsed in real time, things get slower.

i'd be fine with having this extension with all of its features no other extension has (even if it loses a few (temporarily or not) like antivirus which can be done automatically, renaming which can be done before or after the download, md5 check i never personally used) be ported into the dropdown extension thing in the meantime until bar api is implemented, or a workaround like injection is added, preferably optional since not every page can be injected into, plus injected things get affected by page's zoom level, so for someone who uses variable zooming for pages to make them easier readable the bottom bar would differ in size on every tab, as already noticable in for example s3.translator which gets larger or smaller depending from which tab i run it on, 70% or 170% zoomed.
Last edited by yarrmateys on November 15th, 2017, 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
XTAL256

Post by XTAL256 »

XTAL256 wrote:Latest update (4.13) and the window size issue remains. Please, please, fix this. It's really annoying and not that hard to fix.
malliz wrote:You are using some weird third party build so look at that first.
Are you talking to me? The addons website lists 4.13 as the latest, which is what I am using.
freakout87

Post by freakout87 »

Thanks for the answer yarrmateys. Guess I'll just have to be patient.
Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 »

I don't know but the authors of "Classic Theme Restorer" have been able to do this:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/releases/

So, basically, because of this, I've been able to modify my Firefox UI. I've been able to move the tabs down below the Favorites Bar. You can change things such as...

Toolbar Buttons, Application/Hamburger button, button on nav. toolbar, tabs positions, bookmark toolbar height (with multiple lines, change colors, etc.)

You really have to take a look to see what it's able to do. I'm pretty sure you could hack something basic while waiting for more features.
PC Configuration :
Windows 7 HP x64 (French), Core i7 950 3.06GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 90GB OCZ SSD+1x HGST 4TB+1xWD 1TB Green+1x WD 1TB BLUE, nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB, HT|Omega Soundcard, LG Blu-ray reader+CD/DVD burning combo Opt. drive, Asus VW246H 1080P Monitor. Firefox always up-to-date.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Lebon14 wrote:I don't know but the authors of "Classic Theme Restorer" have been able to do this:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/releases/

So, basically, because of this, I've been able to modify my Firefox UI. I've been able to move the tabs down below the Favorites Bar. You can change things such as...

Toolbar Buttons, Application/Hamburger button, button on nav. toolbar, tabs positions, bookmark toolbar height (with multiple lines, change colors, etc.)

You really have to take a look to see what it's able to do. I'm pretty sure you could hack something basic while waiting for more features.
it's just a css that is applied by setting the Firefrox display
but these css can not be applied from WebExtensions
Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 »

pag77 wrote:it's just a css that is applied by setting the Firefrox display
You could still do the same, even if it's not a WebExtension? I dunno if it's possible just by using CSS though.
PC Configuration :
Windows 7 HP x64 (French), Core i7 950 3.06GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 90GB OCZ SSD+1x HGST 4TB+1xWD 1TB Green+1x WD 1TB BLUE, nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB, HT|Omega Soundcard, LG Blu-ray reader+CD/DVD burning combo Opt. drive, Asus VW246H 1080P Monitor. Firefox always up-to-date.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Lebon14 wrote:
pag77 wrote:it's just a css that is applied by setting the Firefrox display
You could still do the same, even if it's not a WebExtension? I dunno if it's possible just by using CSS though.
these css can not be used from webExtensions!
only for UserChrome.css
Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 »

I mean, could you try and make a limited UserChrome.css with the download manager? Is that possible?
PC Configuration :
yarrmateys

Post by yarrmateys »

as far as i know css can only restyle existing things, like hide, recolor or resize existing pieces. it cannot add new elements or change their coding.
Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 »

yarrmateys wrote:as far as i know css can only restyle existing things, like hide, recolor or resize existing pieces. it cannot add new elements or change their coding.
Rip then :(
PC Configuration :
stefanocaselli

Post by stefanocaselli »

maybe of interest (quite limited at the moment):

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oad-shelf/
XTAL256

Post by XTAL256 »

Please, PLEASE, fix the window size issue that I have been asking about for quite some time.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Hello, users!
Have not seen you for a long time ;)

I have long waited for someone to make a beautiful downloadbar...
but unfortunately there is only one not beautiful version:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/wx-dow ... tatus-bar/

I'm tired of waiting and started porting my addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3download-statusbar/
ahead is a long and difficult road, but here is an example of a screenshot of the beta version :)
I hope that I will be able to finish what I started and in one or two weeks I will show the world my new release :)