[EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
soxism

Re: [EXT] S3.Download Statusbar

Post by soxism »

Philip Chee wrote:
pag77 wrote:I am sorry, I do not see of your image
Hmm, lets try this:

Phil

Thankyou!

This has been happening since i downloaded the Add-on in Jan 2014.
FF version: 27.0.1
Theme: Default firefox one. (Never use any others)
File name and download is irrelevant. Happens to ANY file i download from any location, of any type.

Is there anything else i can supply / try?

Would creating a new profile help? could it be something to do with corruption there? or is that irrelevant for this plugin
pag77

Post by pag77 »

that you have configured S3.Download Statusbar: style - the size of the file name?
please send screenshot
dailor

Post by dailor »

Hi, Oleksandr

Thank you for that you've revived that plug-in and make it even much better than original one. I'm using now 2.03, but noticed (older versions did that too), that pop-ups (in my settings they are opening in separate window) loading content considerable slow, regardless of their content.
I found, that lag comes from download bar cause it takes some time to load content in newly opened (pop-up) window. As I'm using TabMixPlus, its settings are allowing me to change pop-ups opening to FF tabs, then the lag does not appear, as download bar is already loaded in main FF window.
Is there any way to disable loading download bar in pop-up windows, as it is not useful there usually?

Keep good job on! Regards,
dailor
Last edited by dailor on February 27th, 2014, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

dailor
your problem is due to the large history of downloads?
I'm working on code optimization for a very big history of downloads
dailor

Post by dailor »

Probably you are right, but just to be more specific, my download history was trimmed to 100, and download bar shows only the last 25 downloads. In this condition, delay between 2 cases - pop-up windows vs. tabs is +10s or more. For now I just left pop-ups to open in tabs, as workaround, but really prefer the window way.

If there are some specific info that I can provide you, just let me know.

Thanks for your support!
pag77

Post by pag77 »

you can make a video or show me through TeamViewer that you have going on?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Ist there any issue known if i want to show percent, speed and time together?

https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/img/uplo ... 121155.png

This image has only 2 lines, with percent it will have 3 lines (percent is first) and brakes the box.
MozMozMoz

[deleted]

Post by MozMozMoz »

[deleted]
Last edited by MozMozMoz on September 10th, 2015, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Brummelchen wrote:Ist there any issue known if i want to show percent, speed and time together?

settings->tab Appearance->Custom Style: "Download Item Sizes" and "Text Sizes"->"Progress Notification Size"

MozMozMoz wrote:When the browser is closed mid-download and the download manager comes up, is there a way to use the built-in Firefox download manager, rather than the S3.Download Statusbar one?

S3.Download Statusbar - this is not a download manager!
S3.Download Statusbar - this add-in for convenient display and monitoring for built-in Firefox download manager

MozMozMoz wrote:Also, is there a way I can set it to skip the confirmation when closing the browser, allowing the browser to close and the download manager to come up without requiring user interaction? This was how it was in the original Download Statusbar.

you want this option?
[X] disable confirmation when closing the browser when have active downloads?
MozMozMoz

Post by MozMozMoz »

[deleted]
Last edited by MozMozMoz on September 10th, 2015, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

svincent1952 wrote:Okay so to answer your second question first, I do have a large download history with at least 2500 items in the list. I thought I should mention that in my original post but then I forgot to do so.

käfer wrote:Currently having about 2300 items in the download history it takes about 8 second to display them on a i7-3770 and an SSD without getting any script error.

please test pre-2.04
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ilsq5eay106nb/s3download_statusbar-2.04-fx.xpi
SamV52

Post by SamV52 »

pag77 wrote:
svincent1952 wrote:Okay so to answer your second question first, I do have a large download history with at least 2500 items in the list. I thought I should mention that in my original post but then I forgot to do so.

please test pre-2.04
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ilsq5eay106nb/s3download_statusbar-2.04-fx.xpi

Nope. My problem with getting a script warning message when loading the DL list still persists; but it now seems to clear after a single instance regardless if I use the Stop script or Continue script button.

Also the tab that opened for the downloads library listing would remain totally blank until I got the warning message box. Now the Downloads Library frame with the various buttons and boxes appears the moment the tab opens, but still without any of the data. (The data always appears with the script warning message box.)

So maybe there was some small improvement in the problem with this version.

BTW the load time till the warning message appears on my (old) HP/Compaq EVO system is about 25 seconds.

BTW2 I was curious if the "tool tip with image option" had anything to do with it as many of the downloads in my list are image files, but it makes no difference when it is disabled.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

svincent1952 wrote:BTW the load time till the warning message appears on my (old) HP/Compaq EVO system is about 25 seconds.

please test pre2-2.04
s3download_statusbar-2.04-fx.xpi
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i have noticed that S3 disables the list view on the download button like "downloads window" since v0.41. is there any option to have this list back? S3 disappears when downloads are done but that button is still present in my navbar.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Brummelchen, I'm sorry, I did not understand what you're saying...
may be it will help?

S3.Download Statusbar -> settings -> tab Downloads Library -> uncheck "Replace Downloads Library page"