[EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by pag77 »

Unfortunately it is a feature of the browser.
You can try another addon: DownThemAll
or use third-party programs, such as BitComet (Torrent/HTTP/FTP download client)
stefanocaselli

Post by stefanocaselli »

Hi,
I love you extension, and just made a donation. I want to add some additional comment here because the space was limited in the donation page:

First I'm italian, and I have noticed some strings not translated from english. Here is the italian translation:

- "automatically open the parent folder on completion of the download" -> "apri automaticamente la cartella padre alla conclusione del download"
- "preserve file modification times when possible" -> "quando possibile mantieni la data di modifica dei file"

I also have two suggestons to enhance the extension:

1. option to choose the action for mouse clicks (ie on double click I want to open folder, not pause download)

2. add optional toolbar button to easily enable/disable action on download completion (I can add the button by draggin it to the toolbar from the customizing option)

Thanks.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

stefanocaselli wrote:First I'm italian, and I have noticed some strings not translated from english. Here is the italian translation:
please translate all strings :)
please send me letter: pag77@mail.ru
stefanocaselli wrote:1. option to choose the action for mouse clicks (ie on double click I want to open folder, not pause download)
thank you! I'll added this suggestion in work plan
stefanocaselli wrote:2. add optional toolbar button to easily enable/disable action on download completion (I can add the button by draggin it to the toolbar from the customizing option)
I'm sorry, I did not understand
This button - what kind of work has to do?
stefanocaselli

Post by stefanocaselli »

Hi,
sorry I was not clear in my request. I try again :-)

The option to execute some action on dowload completion is good, but I don't want it to be enabled all the time.
So I was thinking to add an optional button to easily enable/disable the execution of the "download complete" action.
The button should be something like a 0/1 switch that I can enable or disable whenever I want (on the toolbar it should
have a visual indicator like red for on and grey for off status). By default should not be visibile on the toolbar, but
the user can add the button with an option in the preferences, or by activating the customization mode of firefox
(the option at the bottom of the firefox menu on the rightmost part of the toolbar). Here you can see all the
available buttons, and drag the on/off button to the toolbar, to make it always visible.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Hmm.. this button..
1. grey - active downloads is absent
2. red - all active downloads is paused
3. green - all active downloads is non-paused

click to button - change status "green<->red" ?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

or you are only interested in image, without action?
then maybe you want a native button? Image
stefanocaselli

Post by stefanocaselli »

Hi,
this is not about pausing downloads. It's about closing the browser when all downloads are completed (or shutting down the entire computer)
So I'm thinking about:
1. grey - no action, so no closing firefox or shutting down computer when downloads are completed
2. red - when current downloads are completed it is executed the selected action in the preferences (close firefox or shutdown or suspend...)

The status of the button should be read by the extension immediately (ie not requiring browser restart)

I have tried it just now, but I'm surprised: it doesn't work for my current setup (I'm pretty sure I have used it sometime before)

Steps I followed (I'm using italian firefox so all the strings are in italian. I'm traslating them to english but they could be not correct):
1. open preferences and click 4th tab "execute command"
2. check "enable execute command..."
3. in the "predefined" combo box choose "close the browser"
4. click OK to close preferences dialog
5. start a download and wait to complete
6. the browser is not closed

If I reopen the preferences I can see that the combobox is empty, ie it is not selected any option, so maybe this is the problem.
I have also tried the "test" button in the preferences and the browser is correctly closed. I think that the config is just not saved correctly.

My request for this button is to make easier to enable and disable this "execute command" option,
because when I want to change it I have to open preferences and do all this steps.
A single button to enable or disable this is much more convenient :-)
stefanocaselli

Post by stefanocaselli »

Hi,
the button should have an action associated!
just clicking on it it switches on and off the action for download completion event (so clikcing it should change from red to grey and viceversa)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

I finally understood you!
you do not know how use this function :)
after setting ExecuteCommand you need to enable/disable checkbox in the context menu of the bottom panel (or the mini-buttons if you use compact mode)
when the ExecuteCommand Mode is enabled - the bottom panel changes the background color (default the red)
stefanocaselli

Post by stefanocaselli »

argh yes! I didn't understand how to use it! so there's no need for the button I was asking :-D
Thanks
pag77

Post by pag77 »

stefanocaselli
ok :)
please send me letter for translate the text into Italian: pag77@mail.ru
stefanocaselli

Post by stefanocaselli »

pag77 wrote:please send me letter for translate the text into Italian: pag77@mail.ru
ok
ramon zarat

Post by ramon zarat »

Hi!

S3 Download manager is a fantastic extension!!! It would be even more awesome with the following 2 options:

1- Adjustable size threshold for queue mode. I would like to limit my download to 2 files, but start to download any files below 50MB immediately, regardless of the limitation of 2 files and queue any other file larger than 50MB. S3 already start downloading very small files for its pre-download procedure and if the file is below a few KB in size, it will already complete the download immediately regardless of a queue limitation. I would like to have control over that file size. This way, if the queue is stuck by 2 huge files for a very long period of time, I could still download a few small MP3 and they would get downloaded immediately instead of waiting for the 2 huge file to finish downloading. I'm confronted with this situation quite often.

2- Transfer speed cap. Right now S3 only tell me the transfer speed, but eats all the available bandwidth. That create Internet slowdown on my LAN with a few other users. it would be amazing if I could cap the max transfer speed to say 1MB/s or 500KB/s.

Thanks a lot,
Ramon
pag77

Post by pag77 »

ramon zarat
1. This suggestion added in work plan, thank you!
2. I'm sorry, but this impossible. Firefox does not have such an API
handyjap

Post by handyjap »

Excellent plugin.

How do I change the font (bold) to font (not bold) on right hand side of download block on download bar without hacking the plugin every time please?

I cannot attach an image to describe my request. It is the text that indicate the download speed and time remaining on the download.