[EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
brand404

Re: [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by brand404 »

Just wanted to say THANK YOU author. Posted here before about bugs i found but i noticed with your many updates that the bugs were fixed along the way. Nice to see this plugin growing to becoming invaluable again.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

brand404 wrote:Just wanted to say THANK YOU author.
You are welcome! :)
brand404

Post by brand404 »

I think i found a bug. When i jump to Twitch site and watch a livestream i see this giant white block appear (see attached image)

When using FireFox dev tools it specifically says it belongs to id="s3downbar_download_box_template" (see attached image)

This does not happen on any other site i visit. Just Twitch
It seems if i refresh the page one or more times it disappears.
The download bar is set to never be visible until i start to dload something so its unusual that it pops this up when nothing should be dloading. That is, unless Twitch is tryign to dload something in the bkg (maybe to launch its player?) and s3 is getting confused thinking its a user download?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Please give me full link to your problem site
GBinHoosick

Post by GBinHoosick »

Hello, Oleksandr. I recently started using your extension as a replacement for the "Downloads Window" extension, which no longer "meets current Firefox standards". It took me a bit of time to customize your extension to my preferences, but I'm just about there now, except for this little piece: I prefer to not see or use the Download Bar, and instead to have the Download History (DH) box open each time I do a download. I'm finding that each time the DH box opens, it opens to a default size and dimensions, which isn't wide enough for me to see all the columns I've chosen to include in the box. So, I use my mouse to "grab" the right side of the DH and temporarily extend it to the width I want, but the next time the DH box opens, it's gone back to the default dimensions, so I have to extend the width again. That's not a major inconvenience, but may I ask, is it possible to set the dimensions of the DH to open to a preferred size, rather than the default size? I've gone through all the Options and I'm not seeing a way to do this, although it's certainly possible that I missed or am not understanding something.

Thanks for your help, and for providing this very useful and clever extension.
tony72

Post by tony72 »

I am so glad to have a replacement for Download Statusbar again, thanks for this.

I found a very minor bug; in Firefox 61, 64bit, Windows, when a download times out, the icon on the download bar changes to the "Cancelled" state. But if you then retry and resume the download, it continues where it left off, but the add-on does not seem to pick up that the download has resumed, it does not show any further progress, it still displays the download as cancelled. Probably I'll never see this bug again, but I happened to be downloading a file from a very unreliable server yesterday and had to resume the download twice, so I figured I'd mention it.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

GBinHoosick wrote:...That's not a major inconvenience, but may I ask, is it possible to set the dimensions of the DH to open to a preferred size, rather than the default size? I've gone through all the Options and I'm not seeing a way to do this, although it's certainly possible that I missed or am not understanding something....
I'll try to fix it in future versions of the extension
tony72 wrote:I found a very minor bug; in Firefox 61, 64bit, Windows, when a download times out, the icon on the download bar changes to the "Cancelled" state. But if you then retry and resume the download, it continues where it left off, but the add-on does not seem to pick up that the download has resumed, it does not show any further progress, it still displays the download as cancelled. Probably I'll never see this bug again, but I happened to be downloading a file from a very unreliable server yesterday and had to resume the download twice, so I figured I'd mention it.
Can you reproduce the bug again and make a video about the problem?
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

Hi.

I'm using legacy Download Manager (S3) on Fx 62 Developer Edition. I forked it from 4.13 (latest legacy version) and I'm fixing it since Fx 57.

There's still one little thing that isn't working properly: since bug 1381411, if I start a download while about:downloads is already opened, about:downloads can't detect progress changes on that download or not even add this download to the list. I need to reload about:downloads (or open it after download starting), then things works fine.

There is no error on console, so it's not so simple to debug. You may be familiar with Fx downloads internals, so maybe it's not so difficult for you to know what changed and need to be fixed after this code change:
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/56294c966822

It seems that so much of allDownloadsViewOverlay.js was migrated to DownloadHistory.jsm. Maybe HistoryDownload.hasProgress?

Thank you.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pintassilgo wrote:I'm using legacy Download Manager (S3) on Fx 62 Developer Edition. I forked it from 4.13 (latest legacy version) and I'm fixing it since Fx 57.

There's still one little thing that isn't working properly: since bug 1381411, if I start a download while about:downloads is already opened, about:downloads can't detect progress changes on that download or not even add this download to the list. I need to reload about:downloads (or open it after download starting), then things works fine.

There is no error on console, so it's not so simple to debug. You may be familiar with Fx downloads internals, so maybe it's not so difficult for you to know what changed and need to be fixed after this code change:
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/56294c966822

It seems that so much of allDownloadsViewOverlay.js was migrated to DownloadHistory.jsm. Maybe HistoryDownload.hasProgress?
Please use the latest current version of the extension (now current 5.8) for your Fx 62 Developer Edition
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 5.9
Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3download-statusbar/
Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... plegmcmjda

changes:
fixed: minor bug fixes
Hamid_Y2K

Post by Hamid_Y2K »

Hi
Ctrl + J Sometimes the download library open and sometimes the download history open, is it ok?
Is there a way to clear the download library along with the download history?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Hamid_Y2K wrote:Ctrl + J Sometimes the download library open and sometimes the download history open, is it ok?
yes
Hamid_Y2K wrote:Is there a way to clear the download library along with the download history?

but for Firefox this option works correctly only for downloads that were made in the current session

BugZilla: does not display history from past sessions:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255507
Olofern

Post by Olofern »

I use Download Manager (S3) 4.13 and the latest version of Waterfox.
I don't know if you are willing to update the latest legacy version of this extension. If yes, please allow showing the items downloaded by DownThemAll!
Integration with this extension is my dream
overburner

Post by overburner »

pag77 wrote:
Hamid_Y2K wrote:Ctrl + J Sometimes the download library open and sometimes the download history open, is it ok?
yes
Hamid_Y2K wrote:Is there a way to clear the download library along with the download history?

but for Firefox this option works correctly only for downloads that were made in the current session

BugZilla: does not display history from past sessions:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255507

So there aren't hope to fix this bug?
As I can see it exists from 3 years!! And mozilla haven't fixed it yet. Maybe we can wait for other 10 years..... :evil:
So download manager S3 can't solve the problem for display history from past sessions?
ulli5

Post by ulli5 »

If I open a downloaded file with doubleklick on the statusbar entry I get a popup "klick here to open". That sucks. Is there a way to disable this dialog and open the file directly? If not, please implement such a setting.