fvd speed dial problems

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Pizzapops

Re: fvd speed dial problems

Post by Pizzapops »

Yes, you have to have to edit the dial each time you want it to open a different page on a site. There is no magic way to make it open to new pages that were not there the last time you visited. If the site has some sort "go to new postings" option and it is bookmark-able, you may have a chance. Opera's old forums used to have a button for new postings but it was not bookmark-able/dial-able.

If you are using EverSync, try turning that off. I have 7 Firefox based browsers and 3 Chromes clones running FVD Speed Dial. Syncing both Firefox and Chrome versions to the same account seems to cause problems. I now just use the FVD backup option for the import/export syncing of dials for Firefox.

I am not associated with FVD Media inc. in any way. I am just a FVD product user.
Windows 10 Pro I7/16mb - work laptop, Windows 10 I7/32mb 6TB - home desktop
Cyberfox 52-64, Waterfox 56, Firefox Nightly 62, Opera 12.18, Opera Dev, Vivaldi 1.16
About 46 extensions in the Fx branches. All are portable and run from a USB 3.0 SSD drive.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

1)if we add any site in fvd,so it can store and image also cached.later we will check some other pages like 1,2,3 ....so when ur going to edit and modify the url pages why images refreshing again and caching new page.

what i got from ur explanation ie if we add any page on fvd dial ,first of all it cachy page and stored in the database statically,so if we are going to edit means once again it refresh to cache the page again and url and stored in the database(note:so if we give the image from local file ,it will save the bandwidth the right when we modify the page)
am i right?
3)what is autoupdate option which is available in preview tab

iam still little confused about this option,because if we edit the page means definitely it will cache the new page,then which kind of situation this option will be helpful?can u provide any site which related to this option
If the site has some sort "go to new postings" option and it is bookmark-able

where the option will be available
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:
1)if we add any site in fvd,so it can store and image also cached.later we will check some other pages like 1,2,3 ....so when ur going to edit and modify the url pages why images refreshing again and caching new page.

what i got from ur explanation ie if we add any page on fvd dial ,first of all it cachy page and stored in the database statically,so if we are going to edit means once again it refresh to cache the page again and url and stored in the database(note:so if we give the image from local file ,it will save the bandwidth the right when we modify the page)
am i right?
3)what is autoupdate option which is available in preview tab

iam still little confused about this option,because if we edit the page means definitely it will cache the new page,then which kind of situation this option will be helpful?can u provide any site which related to this option
If the site has some sort "go to new postings" option and it is bookmark-able

where the option will be available

If your concern is bandwidth, use locally stored images and make sure auto-update is not checked. Keep a local backup.

Auto-update is for thumbnails of sites that change often, ie. a newspaper or a prolific blog. Auto-update ONLY effects the graphic..... It usually helps to have larger thumbnails but this effects bandwidth and speed. It allows you to see a snapshot of the site and helps you decide if it has changed enough that you want to click on it.

I have no idea if there are any sites that have a "go to new postings" option that is bookmark-able.

What are you trying to accomplish? FVD Speeddial is basically Firefox bookmarks with graphics.

We seem to have a communication problem. What is your native language?
Cyberfox 52-64, Waterfox 56, Firefox Nightly 62, Opera 12.18, Opera Dev, Vivaldi 1.16
About 46 extensions in the Fx branches. All are portable and run from a USB 3.0 SSD drive.
funnyguys

Post by funnyguys »

yes i understand lot of things above ur explanation,im from india,yes some communication problem?yes iam talking about bandwidth problem why because if we bookmark any site using fvd dial,it refreshes first of all and image will appear(note:i have slow connection)so when i editing the page after clicking modify again it refreshes the page that means it again occupies new image?am i right.
lets say one scenario,ie if i save any site in fvd by using make dial from url option,so when i modify the page ,it again refreshes and occupy new image
lets another scenario,save site in fvd by using make from local,so when i modify the page it also refreshes and saved
so above two sceneario which saves bandwidth

I have no idea if there are any sites that have a "go to new postings" option that is bookmark-able.
r u talking about bookmark topic which is situated in top of the page
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Extension/Theme Release
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

funnyguys wrote:yes i understand lot of things above ur explanation,im from india,yes some communication problem?yes iam talking about bandwidth problem why because if we bookmark any site using fvd dial,it refreshes first of all and image will appear(note:i have slow connection)so when i editing the page after clicking modify again it refreshes the page that means it again occupies new image?am i right.
Yes, that is correct.
lets say one scenario,ie if i save any site in fvd by using make dial from url option,so when i modify the page ,it again refreshes and occupy new image
Yes again. Will use bandwidth for initial setup and refreshing comes from URL.
lets another scenario,save site in fvd by using make from local,so when i modify the page it also refreshes and saved
so above two sceneario which saves bandwidth
Also yes
Each time you edit a popular web site that that is in the FVD image database, the images will be loaded into the edit screen and use bandwidth. Avoid editing those types of dials if you want to save bandwidth.
I have no idea if there are any sites that have a "go to new postings" option that is bookmark-able. r u talking about bookmark topic which is situated in top of the page
The image below shows forum that shows topics that I have new messages. After logging in, I can go to a topic, click on the new icon and make a dial of the page (thedndsanctuary.eu/index.php?topic=199.msg0#new) If the URL has a message number at the end, it may not work. To me it seems a wasted effort to create a dial for log-in and a dial for each topic your are interested. It may also require more bandwidth if you have multiple dials for the same site.
The best bet is to use all local images and have them no larger than 300x200 and no smaller that your dial size.
БлагоЯр

Post by БлагоЯр »

Why in the new window (for example authorization system of comments - "cackle") opens homepage FVD Speed Dial, and not the login screen?

PS. Repeat pressing opens another window with the home page of the supplement. Uncheck "Set as home" - does not help, as well as the "Allow in a new tab."